The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Official The Witch and the Hundred Knight Discussion Forum
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby vampko » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:37 am

razisgosu wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:
vampko wrote:Have you noticed that like every game that NISA releases is hampered down by some bug or another, normally pretty game breaking? I have a hard time believing something won't muck up.

I feel like you are severely exaggerating that, especially the game breaking part.

Though I can't deny that there's some truth to it. Quite the number of games from NIS starting from "Disgaea D2", if not even further back, onward have had some sort of notable bug introduced into it. Though of course it wasn't every game. "Criminal Girls", "htoL#NiQ", and "Disgaea 4 APR" seemed fine. I don't know about "Battle Princess of Arcadias" exactly but I didn't hear much about that game having problems either.

Really, most of the problems are really coming from games by NIS themselves. Most of the games that were handled by other companies usually were just fine. Seems like ever since NIS lost a bunch of employees, they've started having more issues in general.

Of course, feel free to correct me on anything if I obviously got it wrong.

The ones I can think of that aren't NIS related -

Rorona - Fairly reproducible game freezing bug
One of the Ar Tonelico games from PS2 - Game would crash if certain boss fight took too many turns
Mugen Souls Z - Slumbering Boss caused game to freeze

Then if we include the NIS related games with significant problems -

Witch and the Hundred - crash to home screen, never fixed, which is my main concern for it being reproducible in the PS4 version
Disgaea D2 - freezing issues with multiple skills

And if we look at how many of those games to date have the issue still occurring, we get Rorona, Witch, and Disgaea D2. I'd call that pretty significant cause for concern.

Danganronpa Another Episode actually had a pretty screwed up bug to do with saving. I can affirm it was not on the original Japanese version. I don't know if they fixed it yet. But most likely they have.

There are probably some others, but I can't remember them right now.

It's not at all a bad idea to be prepared for problematic bugs from all NISA releases. Something in their QA process is not working.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:45 am

Ah, right. I totally forgot because I found out about it and took the advised steps to avoid it by loading the game as infrequently as possible and avoiding in between chapter saves. I edited my original post to include it in the list.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:55 pm

razisgosu wrote:Ah, right. I totally forgot because I found out about it and took the advised steps to avoid it by loading the game as infrequently as possible and avoiding in between chapter saves. I edited my original post to include it in the list.

Not to mention the Disgaea 5 DLC was buggy out the door as well. I forgot about that one, but that's another recent example.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

PkmnChmp5
Peon
Peon

Postby PkmnChmp5 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:46 pm

So the LE figure is the same as the one from the PS3 version's LE, the soundtrack is the same except for cover/disc art (based on song count), and the artbook is different? Can someone confirm this?

That would make it hard for me to justify buying this considering I already have the PS3 version's LE.

Gamemaster64
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Gamemaster64 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:37 pm

PkmnChmp5 wrote:So the LE figure is the same as the one from the PS3 version's LE, the soundtrack is the same except for cover/disc art (based on song count), and the artbook is different? Can someone confirm this?

That would make it hard for me to justify buying this considering I already have the PS3 version's LE.

I like to know too. I don't even have a PS4. I rather not get it for the fact for some reason the shipping cost is expensive. Where the free shipping? This is just like IF latest LE(if you even want to call it that when they didn't put a game with it) where the shipping cost for some reason got boosted compare to previous LEs.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:56 pm

NISA increased the price for free shipping from $50 to $75, which makes all but their most expensive PS4 limited editions ineligible. For this reason I mainly don't want to bother with any limited edition that's under $75. I like that the limited edition is cheap, but when you add approximately 25% more to account for shipping, it's not that cheap anymore.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:36 pm

So, has anyone here actually played this yet? Or is it still too early?
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

AtelierAlchemy
Vassal
Vassal

Postby AtelierAlchemy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:06 pm

I was thinking of buying the import version of Revival but....

1) I don't know if the Japanese contains English audio or if it's just the Asian version?

2) Where I can buy the import that doesn't cost me more than $50.00. I heard of someone importing the LE for $60 but all I've seen is around $80 and even the Standard Edition of Revival I can't find for under $55.00.

solechris
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby solechris » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:48 am

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:So, has anyone here actually played this yet? Or is it still too early?

I have the japanese import and beat the game yesterday, i can confirm that i never had my game crash while playing the game.
actually i never had any sort of bug during my entire playthorugh.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Ah, I figured. But you may only be the first positive example. More are needed before it can be confirmed.

I'm not terribly worried about that. I'm more interested in knowing if the game's story plays out exactly as it did in the original version. What can be told about the changes, if any?
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

solechris
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby solechris » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:47 am

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:Ah, I figured. But you may only be the first positive example. More are needed before it can be confirmed.

I'm not terribly worried about that. I'm more interested in knowing if the game's story plays out exactly as it did in the original version. What can be told about the changes, if any?

i never played the original version so im not sure if there are any changes to the story.
after looking at gameplay videos of the ps3 version i noticed a few gameplay changes, ill try to list them all.

-you can now equip 3 different weapons "sets" instead of one, so for example you can be using an all sword set and can switch to an all hammer set or an all lance set on the fly just by pressing the R2 button.

-towe of illusion added to the ps4 version, tower of illusion is kinda like the "Item World" of this game, u sacrifice a weapon at the beginning of the tower and depending on the LVL of the item you sacrificed the monsters on the tower will be alot tougher and you will get better loot. There are 100 floors in the tower, where every 10 floors u encounter a boss, also there are a few different bosses in the tower that i didn't encounter in the main story (got both endings). tower of illusion has its own unique story mode as well totally separate from the main story. overall i found tower of illusion a great place to grind and find really goot loot ( tons of alpha weapons), i heard of ppl having to grind alot in the later parts of the game, so this is a quick way to grind.

-Alchemy added as well, you find this items called "Catalysts" in the tower of illusion, that help you upgrade a weapon, so if u find a catalyst with the "hp + 1%" or "drop rate 2%" you can add that ability to your arsenal.

-you can use the ps4 touchpad to select a tokha or use items, quite useful if u ask me.

- you can also play as metallia, sadly playing as metallia is tower of illusion locked, however its really fun playing as her vs bosses.

thats all the changes that i can think out of the top of my head other than visual upgrades and bugs being fixed, there might be more but i haven't looked into it.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Here's a question: are any of the tower bosses familiar or new Witches or unique creatures? Or are they all just super versions of normal enemies?

solechris
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby solechris » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:Here's a question: are any of the tower bosses familiar or new Witches or unique creatures? Or are they all just super versions of normal enemies?

Some are powered up versions of witch soldiers and some are story mode bosses, I fought a few New witches that I never fought during story mode. (Got true and bad ending)

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:55 pm

solechris wrote:
Byzantian-Fandango wrote:Here's a question: are any of the tower bosses familiar or new Witches or unique creatures? Or are they all just super versions of normal enemies?

Some are powered up versions of witch soldiers and some are story mode bosses, I fought a few New witches that I never fought during story mode. (Got true and bad ending)

Now THAT is what intrigues me. Though I'd imagine they have 1-dimensional personalities, given the Extra nature of the Tower.

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:11 pm

I've actually pre-ordered the LE back in November of last year via NISA Online Store and I'm glad I did since they are sold out now and just today the pre-order has charged and is currently processing and I only paid $59.94 total for it, $49.99+ $4.00 Tax and $5.95 for 1-Day USPS Shipping.

I never made it far in the PS3 version mainly because I didn't want to risk damaging my PS3's HDD which is what frequent crashes can do, I do remember it crashed by trying to quit out of the game causing the console to restart.

This is more than just a remake, the trophies are completely different and there aren't any story related trophies either look here I'm really looking forward to it after I had platinum'd Megadimension Neptunia VII on February 12th.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

Return to “The Witch and the Hundred Knight”