The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Official The Witch and the Hundred Knight Discussion Forum
Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:55 pm

vampko wrote:
Byzantian-Fandango wrote:You make it sound as though the PS3 version was a work of disaster.

125 hours turned into 250 because of freezes, infinite loading, and some really really weird bug where I found myself outside the level boundaries, and all manner of crazy.

Was it worth it?

Certainly, the game's story is superb, and the gameplay is fun.

But it was still very much a "work of disaster". But, the problem is that everyone experienced the bugs differently. Some never even got one. Then there were those like me who got hit with a deluge of them. And all manner of inbetween.

I STILL say it has something to do with the age of the player's console. I experienced the crash bug twice, and once I experienced a temporary hang, but I never experienced the more... peculiar, things you described.

I'm very biased toward the game, though, so I should just keep silent. I will forever love The Witch and the Hundred Knight for all the contrary reasons. :mrgreen:
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:08 am

DPS

Spoiler:

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:04 pm

And so I finally see something regarding Teresa. What does it say? Is it just an introductory line?
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:51 am

I have discovered a site with some items during my regular Google search for new Teresa artworks. This article was published July 16, so I don't know how new this find would be to anyone keeping active track of the game's development, but what IS new are these odd-yet-adorable nendoroid-looking pictures of all the enemy witches in the game. The site's in French, but provides a number of videos and screenshots of the game as well.

It's cute... but from my perspective, it's now obsolete, since the Teresa I know has had her outfit alterations for months now.

twinspectre
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby twinspectre » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:29 pm

i can't wait , i'm hyped about this game :D :D

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:10 pm

The website updated with a 31-minute video.

Though it's more of a live showcasing of the game with some commentary. It doesn't really show anything new off, at least as far as I could tell, and it's entirely in Japanese so I didn't really get much out of it. But it's there for the people who can understand it and are interested.

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:37 am

DPS.

Spoiler:

NoxUmbra27
Vassal
Vassal

Postby NoxUmbra27 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:46 am

I just came across a link to an article about the Revival PS4 version and The Sequel that included quotes from The Witch and the Hundred Knigths director Tomaya Asano about both games as well. Here is the link to the information http://gematsu.com/2015/05/witch-hundre ... rent-story

I'm really excited to see a Sequel to the game being made XD but I'm kind of sad that is sounds like the aren't continuing Metallia's story any further after the events from the first game. I hope they change their minds or at least include her in some way. What do you guys think?

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:03 am

DPS

Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:48 pm

Just to note, there's a demo for PS+ out right now on the JP Store
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Those Japanese-only DPS screenshots are driving me nuts. I see Teresa asking a question, and I'd just love to know what it all says... :|

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:29 am

So, It's basically already localized. On the demo there's both Japanese and English text options. There are EN and JP voice options. The UI completely switches when you switch between the text options. You get the NISA splash screen if you have it on English. NIS if it's on Japanese. The only two "issues" left would be switching the circle and x buttons, and the title screen has the JP title right now. That's literally all that's left for NISA to do.

I'm not an employee of NISA, but I'm betting it'll be a digital only release that will release soon after the JP release. And that's why NISA hasn't been very quick to make noise about it yet.

Even after having platted it, even after all those playthroughs/hours spent on it, it's still so very good~

I wasn't at all thinking of getting it, but that demo reminded me of how much fun it is, so I'll probably end up getting it in the future now.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:02 am

DPS

Spoiler:

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Yeah... None of that actually looks new. Looks like it's just a discussion of everything those of us who have played the game are already familiar with.

According to GameFAQs release data, Revival will be released in Japan September 25th. We'll probably see an influx of activity connected to it at that time, especially since it'll be for the currently-more-popular PS4.

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:Yeah... None of that actually looks new. Looks like it's just a discussion of everything those of us who have played the game are already familiar with.

Actually, take a closer look. The bottom half of the first image appears to be talking about new content (I don't recall ever speaking to Arlecchino's disembodied head, and even if that did happen in the original and my memory just sucks, I know for a fact that at no point in the original do you ever speak to Lucchini in an area full of what appears to be molten lava). I would assume it's connected to that new Phantom Tower dungeon that got all that advertising, but I'm not sure. Maybe it has its own storyline...? Actually, I see a big number '3' amid all the moonrunes I can't read. 3 new dungeons/scenarios, maybe? VAMPKO, GET YER BUTT IN HERE!

The second image is indeed just reiterating stuff we know, for the most part. However, on the right half of the image... one of the pictures has what appears to be a huge honking tree in the Brockenturm dungeon. I do not recall any huge honking trees in the Brockenturm dungeon. Given the context, I would assume it's connected to that number 26 and that Tochka that looks like a crosshair - actually yeah, it is, that little blurb has an arrow pointing to that picture. ...Wait, now that I think of it, I think that's just the Captel Tochka from the original. Maybe it got some new animation, I guess, because that big brown I-think-it's-a-tree-but-I-might-be-wrong thing doesn't look familiar.
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

Return to “The Witch and the Hundred Knight”