The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Official The Witch and the Hundred Knight Discussion Forum
User avatar
kurobara
Majin
Majin
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:34 pm
Location: Los Angeles

The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby kurobara » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:26 am

Ok so the game for the PS3 is now getting a port to the ps4. I've barely played the PS3 version because school takes up most of my time. What does everyone else think?
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby vampko » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:59 am

Wait for the PS4 version to be localized. THe PS3 has many bugs that can seriously hamper your experience. They don't happen to everyone consistently, but it's affected a large number of people (myself included)

So, let them hammer out those bugs, and then you can enjoy a much more complete experience (without spending over 200 hours for the plat, to have half of that be because of time lost with the bugs....)
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

lazyfan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:35 pm

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby lazyfan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:45 pm

Wait for the PS4 version. It will hopefully have less bugs and there will be more new content, so it will be the more complete experience of the 2.

User avatar
Orliatzu
Majin
Majin
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:55 pm
Location: Lastation

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby Orliatzu » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:24 am

This is great news for me, as I haven't had the opportunity to play this game on the ps3, (due to the fact I was waist-deep in games at the time heh.)

The game looks pretty fun from what limited knowledge I have about it so I'm looking forward to picking this up finally.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 883
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:43 am
Location: Amethytus Estate
Contact:

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:54 pm

It's been, what, only a year? I suspect they made this remake in order to address the crash-bug the first game had.

Won't be getting this, for two good reasons: (1) I don't own a PS4, and I doubt I ever will. (2) Since it's just a remake, I have no interest whatsoever in seeing Teresa's fate all over again in higher graphical quality...

The only benefits this will have is if this game has a greater variety of artwork of Teresa.
Image
Image
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Xanikk999
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby Xanikk999 » Fri May 08, 2015 5:09 pm

I hope they fix the crashing issues in this upcoming game.

I somehow managed to get through the entire game during my last playthrough without crashing until I got to the very last chapter while I was playing the unlockable bonus stage (ice fields?). Kind of annoying they never were bothered enough to fix this.

User avatar
Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 883
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:43 am
Location: Amethytus Estate
Contact:

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Fri May 08, 2015 5:40 pm

Xanikk999 wrote:I hope they fix the crashing issues in this upcoming game.

I somehow managed to get through the entire game during my last playthrough without crashing until I got to the very last chapter while I was playing the unlockable bonus stage (ice fields?). Kind of annoying they never were bothered enough to fix this.

I actually suspect the entire purpose of this updated-release is to address the crash-bug (as well as granting access to PS4-users). The original game's barely been out for a year and they're already making a re-release? It only makes sense if it's in response to that bug. It may have been so critical that they simply couldn't fix the PS3 version within budget, and opted for a new version of the game outright.

This next comment is probably olds, but I've seen a few screenshots that suggested to me that Metallia will be playable for what looks like a "pit of 100 trials" style sidequest. I would theorize that it might even provide an opportunity to fight all of the witches she encounters too.

... *shudders at the thought of a painful concept* ... ... ...
Image
Image
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 4344
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:11 am

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri May 08, 2015 6:26 pm

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:
Xanikk999 wrote:I hope they fix the crashing issues in this upcoming game.

I somehow managed to get through the entire game during my last playthrough without crashing until I got to the very last chapter while I was playing the unlockable bonus stage (ice fields?). Kind of annoying they never were bothered enough to fix this.

I actually suspect the entire purpose of this updated-release is to address the crash-bug (as well as granting access to PS4-users). The original game's barely been out for a year and they're already making a re-release? It only makes sense if it's in response to that bug. It may have been so critical that they simply couldn't fix the PS3 version within budget, and opted for a new version of the game outright.


I don't really think that's the case, as nice as it alone would be.

While the XMB booting bug was in the Japanese version as well, at least according to what I managed to gather, it was no where near as frequent. Heck, it might not even be in the Japanese version at all considering that the frequency is apparently just so low that it could just be a basic system error instead. Regardless, something happened during the localization that either introduced it or caused it to get this much worse. So making an enhanced remake pretty much just to fix the bug on the localized version of the game seems a bit far-fetched to me in either case.

My guess is that it might have had something to do with it being partially unfinished in some aspects. Stuff like armor/accessories having a levels bar but can't be upgraded or how some scenes with the character portraits kept swapping between being animated or not. Got to finish it up in some areas. But, again, that's just some random speculation here.

Either that or it was just successful in general and porting it to the PS4 is just serving to bank on it some more...which isn't something new that NIS has ever done.

Regardless of the reason, I'm just glad that the game is coming back at all, especially with the couple additions and improvements it's getting. Let's just hope the bug doesn't end up returning somehow as well since the reason for it getting that bad was never actually discovered.

User avatar
Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 883
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:43 am
Location: Amethytus Estate
Contact:

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Fri May 08, 2015 6:32 pm

You know, I actually forgot about how unfinished the first game was. I'd forgotten about the Armor Levels being unused, and the fact that a lot of the lines are unvoiced. Your note that this may be for the purpose of bringing a more complete version of the game out may be pretty accurate.

...I'm still not going to make an effort to get it. Not only is the idea of getting a whole new system just to re-experience Teresa's Dreadful Fate utterly repulsive, but I more or less got a complete enough story from the original version. I'll just observe what other people have to say about it once it does come out. ...In September.
Image
Image
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Xanikk999
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby Xanikk999 » Fri May 08, 2015 8:11 pm

I'll definetly get it if I can play as Metallia as people suggested. Otherwise no. I am a big fan of the game's story so I am somewhat disappointed it's not a sequal but a remake.

There is definetely some material they could work with to make a sequal:

Spoiler:
Belda and Heinz along with all the Inquisitors get revived when Metallia remakes the world. They could try another plot to take over the kingdom

User avatar
Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 883
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:43 am
Location: Amethytus Estate
Contact:

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Fri May 08, 2015 8:25 pm

Xanikk999 wrote:I'll definetly get it if I can play as Metallia as people suggested. Otherwise no. I am a big fan of the game's story so I am somewhat disappointed it's not a sequal but a remake.

There is definetely some material they could work with to make a sequal:

Spoiler:
Belda and Heinz along with all the Inquisitors get revived when Metallia remakes the world. They could try another plot to take over the kingdom

Spoiler:
Except for the fact that their deaths in the alternate reality seemed to cause a change of heart across most of the individuals (Damuu even decided to disband the inquisitors). Except of course for that lunatic Belda. There's a reason I had her killed again in my personal writing work...


As far as sequels are concerned, there is definitely the potential, regardless, since
Spoiler:
Metallia does get reborn. The only question is whether or not magic really was terminated once Niike's mana-spewing remains were purged from the land. Can't really imagine an effective witch-themed game without the magic element.
Image
Image
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 4344
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:11 am

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri May 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:
Spoiler:
Except of course for that lunatic Belda. There's a reason I had her killed again in my personal writing work...


Spoiler:
Um...didn't she also change for the better? I mean, didn't her entire deal of being ax-crazy, which lead her to do anything to accomplish her goals, pretty much got removed by the end?

User avatar
Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 883
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:43 am
Location: Amethytus Estate
Contact:

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Fri May 08, 2015 10:44 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:
Byzantian-Fandango wrote:
Spoiler:
Except of course for that lunatic Belda. There's a reason I had her killed again in my personal writing work...


Spoiler:
Um...didn't she also change for the better? I mean, didn't her entire deal of being ax-crazy, which lead her to do anything to accomplish her goals, pretty much got removed by the end?

No.
Spoiler:
In the Sealed Lands where you run around watching all the final scenes of the other characters, the scene with Belda has her snarl all yandere-like at Jack for the sheer fact that he came to see her instead of Heintz. She's still completely obsessed with that dumbass prince. For some reason, she got off scott free from her treachery throughout the entire story. There's a reason why the trope "Karma Houdini" was applied to her...
Image
Image
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 4344
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:11 am

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri May 08, 2015 10:50 pm

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:
Byzantian-Fandango wrote:
Spoiler:
Except of course for that lunatic Belda. There's a reason I had her killed again in my personal writing work...


Spoiler:
Um...didn't she also change for the better? I mean, didn't her entire deal of being ax-crazy, which lead her to do anything to accomplish her goals, pretty much got removed by the end?

No.
Spoiler:
In the Sealed Lands where you run around watching all the final scenes of the other characters, the scene with Belda has her snarl all yandere-like at Jack for the sheer fact that he came to see her instead of Heintz. She's still completely obsessed with that dumbass prince. For some reason, she got off scott free from her treachery throughout the entire story. There's a reason why the trope "Karma Houdini" was applied to her...


Spoiler:
I actually watched that scene right after posting my previous comment to make sure. Seemed more to me that she was just snapping back at him for teasing her. Nothing too threatening.

Hmm...seems like we are interpreting that final scene quite a bit differently from each other.

User avatar
Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 883
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:43 am
Location: Amethytus Estate
Contact:

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
Byzantian-Fandango wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:
Byzantian-Fandango wrote:
Spoiler:
Except of course for that lunatic Belda. There's a reason I had her killed again in my personal writing work...


Spoiler:
Um...didn't she also change for the better? I mean, didn't her entire deal of being ax-crazy, which lead her to do anything to accomplish her goals, pretty much got removed by the end?

No.
Spoiler:
In the Sealed Lands where you run around watching all the final scenes of the other characters, the scene with Belda has her snarl all yandere-like at Jack for the sheer fact that he came to see her instead of Heintz. She's still completely obsessed with that dumbass prince. For some reason, she got off scott free from her treachery throughout the entire story. There's a reason why the trope "Karma Houdini" was applied to her...


Spoiler:
I actually watched that scene right after posting my previous comment to make sure. Seemed more to me that she was just snapping back at him for teasing her. Nothing too threatening.

Hmm...seems like we are interpreting that final scene quite a bit differently from each other.

Well, the fact that I extremely hate Belda probably makes a difference...
Image
Image
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*


Return to “The Witch and the Hundred Knight”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest