The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Official The Witch and the Hundred Knight Discussion Forum
Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Zdood wrote:
Byzantian-Fandango wrote:Yeah... None of that actually looks new. Looks like it's just a discussion of everything those of us who have played the game are already familiar with.

Actually, take a closer look. The bottom half of the first image appears to be talking about new content (I don't recall ever speaking to Arlecchino's disembodied head, and even if that did happen in the original and my memory just sucks, I know for a fact that at no point in the original do you ever speak to Lucchini in an area full of what appears to be molten lava). I would assume it's connected to that new Phantom Tower dungeon that got all that advertising, but I'm not sure. Maybe it has its own storyline...? Actually, I see a big number '3' amid all the moonrunes I can't read. 3 new dungeons/scenarios, maybe? VAMPKO, GET YER BUTT IN HERE!

The second image is indeed just reiterating stuff we know, for the most part. However, on the right half of the image... one of the pictures has what appears to be a huge honking tree in the Brockenturm dungeon. I do not recall any huge honking trees in the Brockenturm dungeon. Given the context, I would assume it's connected to that number 26 and that Tochka that looks like a crosshair - actually yeah, it is, that little blurb has an arrow pointing to that picture. ...Wait, now that I think of it, I think that's just the Captel Tochka from the original. Maybe it got some new animation, I guess, because that big brown I-think-it's-a-tree-but-I-might-be-wrong thing doesn't look familiar.

I'm fairly certain Arlecchino spoke to Metallia at least a couple of times with his detached head after she'd punched it off, but you are certainly right about the lava circle. I don't think there was ever ANY lava in the original game.

Ah, so it's called the "Phantom Tower", eh? Is it a Pit of Trials style dungeon like I think it'll be?

And yeah, that's the Captel Tochka converting the captured monster into an item as it originally did. The spokes forming a ring around it are the same. The animation for the capture action is so fast that those blackish-brown swirls may have always been there, but were too fast to see normally.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Zetsubouda
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Zetsubouda » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:44 pm

Did you know there's a demo in the japanese PS4 store?
After playing through this one (tutorial+first chapter up to Malica's home) it seems as if the loading times have been cut crastically,
lags while changing weapons around are not around anymore and they've also added 3 weapon sets to switch between on the field.
Makes it pretty easy to have matching attack types..

Would be interesting to know if NIS found a solution (listened to shadowmaxim?) for the constant freezes/locks and 'removed' them.
Didn't have any problems regarding that, so keep your fingers crossed.

Zetsubouda
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Zetsubouda » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Was there really a need to censor Metallias stronger cussing?

I get NIS want to try and get it to aim at all ages or there was a fear of making her seem more unlikeable
...still, Im...... Not too sure if this was okay. Personally i found it humourous. Other players? I dunno.

Even hardcore pr0n movies/anime - which are clearly not meant for teens - get their audio censored at certain points.
Japanese censorship regulations are a strange thing, to say the least...
But sometimes a bleeped part makes you use your imagination or lets it sound more..hm, badass?

But wasnt that due to staff being "MIA" At least thats what i think it was.

More like: "It got beyond our control, so let us pretend we didn't release it at all. Focus on other games with better reputation instead!" :mrgreen:
According to the many different explanations on the boards crashes could happen everywhere - regardless of the hardware (FAT, SLIM, Super SLIM, region or game source (=disc+digital)- and at any time.
It's kind of weird to release the game again when you think about it. Did NIS find out the reasons for the crashes and freezes?
Was it a hardware deficit or wrong coding that didn't use the RAM correctly? They did say Disgaea D2 had problems on the PS3 (to say nothing of D4's Vita version), so that might be a clue. But we won't know unless someone friggin told us (the PLAYERS!) something...

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:00 pm

And then there's the fact that there ARE still people in the world, like myself, who dislike profanity. If there was a switchable option to have ALL profanity beyond the mild stuff censored, I'd tick it.

Also, I don't suppose you noticed how at one point they deliberately overused the Bleeper for a cluster of lines Nezaria had at a point when she was quoting Mouse Malia. From what I could ascertain, they bleeped out perfectly normal words, but made it sound like a Cluster F-Bomb. I'm fairly certain the first word really was one of the strongest, but the two/three others she used clearly were not.

That shows that they did the censoring deliberately. And they made a joke of it at one point.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Zetsubouda
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Zetsubouda » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:41 am

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:Also, I don't suppose you noticed how at one point they deliberately overused the Bleeper for a cluster of lines Nezaria had at a point when she was quoting Mouse Malia. From what I could ascertain, they bleeped out perfectly normal words, but made it sound like a Cluster F-Bomb. I'm fairly certain the first word really was one of the strongest, but the two/three others she used clearly were not.

That shows that they did the censoring deliberately. And they made a joke of it at one point.

I don't suppose you read the line right above the second quote? ^^
"But sometimes a bleeped part makes you use your imagination or lets it sound more..hm, badass?"
Depends on the reader/player though, if it's taken seriously due to badassery or seen in a hilarious way.
A perfect example for this would be this video and the linked ones.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:33 pm

I am quite certain one of the words that got bleeped out was the word "digested". Once I finally realized this, I caught on to the fact that they actually did a little Meta-Joking by way of the bleeper. It felt a little... odd, and I was too deeply depressed due to what ELSE happens in that particular location to care, though, but looking back with a clear mind, I get the Fourth-wall-leaning humor used there.

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:51 pm

So, just tossing it out there: those screenshots depicting locations and events not in the original game are apparently from a new storyline. Maybe it comes with 3 new dungeons or something considering the blurb. Also, the trophy list for Revival is pretty different from the original.
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:06 am

Zdood wrote:So, just tossing it out there: those screenshots depicting locations and events not in the original game are apparently from a new storyline. Maybe it comes with 3 new dungeons or something considering the blurb. Also, the trophy list for Revival is pretty different from the original.

Feel free to spoil the new story for me if you know it. I won't be getting the game due to a lack of the console.

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:34 am

DPS.

Spoiler:

AtelierAlchemy
Vassal
Vassal

Postby AtelierAlchemy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:21 pm

vampko wrote:Wait for the PS4 version to be localized. THe PS3 has many bugs that can seriously hamper your experience. They don't happen to everyone consistently, but it's affected a large number of people (myself included)

So, let them hammer out those bugs, and then you can enjoy a much more complete experience (without spending over 200 hours for the plat, to have half of that be because of time lost with the bugs....)

Does anyone know if the bug is due to copies of the game or the console or some other factor. Because it's odd it happens to some people but not others.

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:15 am

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:
Zdood wrote:So, just tossing it out there: those screenshots depicting locations and events not in the original game are apparently from a new storyline. Maybe it comes with 3 new dungeons or something considering the blurb. Also, the trophy list for Revival is pretty different from the original.

Feel free to spoil the new story for me if you know it. I won't be getting the game due to a lack of the console.

I do not know it. Won't until I play it either because I want to go in as fresh as possible. IIRC I believe the basic plot of it was that Metallia travels to an alternate universe (...again) for some reason or another, though.

AtelierAlchemy wrote:Does anyone know if the bug is due to copies of the game or the console or some other factor. Because it's odd it happens to some people but not others.

The annoyingly random nature of the bug makes it such that it doesn't seem like anyone really knows what's behind it. IIRC there were some claims of a definitive cause but I don't remember what they claimed or if it was 100% true.

@Leon

It took me far far too long to remember that the Captel Tochka spawned a tornado as part of its capture animation. Head, meet desk. That aside, looks like the Phantom Tower has some neat stuff, and it looks like the terrain changes the deeper you go?
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:43 am

AtelierAlchemy wrote:
vampko wrote:Wait for the PS4 version to be localized. THe PS3 has many bugs that can seriously hamper your experience. They don't happen to everyone consistently, but it's affected a large number of people (myself included)

So, let them hammer out those bugs, and then you can enjoy a much more complete experience (without spending over 200 hours for the plat, to have half of that be because of time lost with the bugs....)

Does anyone know if the bug is due to copies of the game or the console or some other factor. Because it's odd it happens to some people but not others.

It's happened to everyone in every combination there is. There's no hardware that's causing it.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:16 pm

So the game was released yesterday in Japan. For some strange reason, I thought today was the 29th, and I was wondering, "Why haven't I heard anything more about it yet?" People are just getting started, I'd imagine.

...Pretty coincidental (and that's all it is, I assure you) that that new piece of art of Teresa I acquired was yesterday as well.

I'm wondering how this is going to turn out.

Screwy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Screwy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:00 am

The Japanese and Asian versions of the game seem to have English subtitles and voices, or at least the Asian version (as the PSN listing claims)

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:25 am

Screwy wrote:The Japanese and Asian versions of the game seem to have English subtitles and voices, or at least the Asian version (as the PSN listing claims)

Not surprised, since the demo on the JP store had that as well.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Return to “The Witch and the Hundred Knight”