Is NIS America just gonna sit on this acquisition?

Official anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day Discussion Forum
Banana x Cargo
Peon
Peon

Is NIS America just gonna sit on this acquisition?

Postby Banana x Cargo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Seriously, why license an anime, release it for a short time then let it go out of print and just sit on it.

Why does there have to be a "Demand" just to get it back in print?

When does Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day license rights expire from NIS America? I WANT a real anime distributor to step in and release this properly. Otherwise what a waste of money getting this great title then treat it like a video game and let it go out of print.

Stuff like this really upsets me and would love to have bought this but never had the chance too. If expectations were questionable for Anohana on how well it would sell for NIS America, why go after it at all.

When you license a product believe in it. At least try to push as much as possible for a great release. Anime shouldn't be treated as such, especially like video games going out of print. Look at other anime distributors. They don't acquire something then let it go out of print in less than a year or maybe two. This is so frustrating.

Here's my proposition for you NIS America. Either get this title back in print or just return everything back to the licensor and let another Anime company step in and do a proper release. To note for the future, please don't ever do this again and sit on something your not even gonna let people buy.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Is NIS America just gonna sit on this acquisition?

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04 am

Banana x Cargo wrote:Why does there have to be a "Demand" just to get it back in print?

Because otherwise you likely going to lose money as you will spend more printing copies of it than you get back from the limited sales of them.
There's a minimum number you have to print at a time to not make the cost per copy ridiculously expensive, but that of course only helps if you actually sell them all.
They'll issue a reprint if they know they won't lose money on it, but otherwise, it isn't going to happen, as they are a business and they need money to keep running.

Anime is a niche market, so acquiring copies of things can be difficult some time after release, due to the limited number and demand making them somewhat expensive.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:04 pm

A) Sometimes it is the Japanese licensor that sets limits to the amount of product printed, especially the case with BDs where there is the ever present fear of reverse importation.
B) Never insult the company that you're making the request to, plus low-blow insults only serve to diminish your opinions.
C) Limited editions are limited to sell more, while quickly printing off more would help in the short run, collectors would be less likely to collect later sets and/or just wait for the cheaper standard edition.
D) Give me NISA over the other anime distributors any day, they told me exactly when they opened pre-orders through a Prinny Bomb news letter and I pre-ordered that day. Let me tell you the set is amazing, great art-book, great box, and its a niche title but still gets a BD treatment. Sentai likely would have made this DVD only. Funimation would have had a DVD release and a BD release 2 years later, and a pamphlet with some art. Aniplex would have had a mini-limited edition and sold for $150.
F) Just wait for a standard edition, most likely it's a timed release agreed upon by the Japanese licensor and will come down the lines sometime later this year (also subscribe to Prinny Bombs so you don't miss the next release :P)

aDripDropDrippin
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby aDripDropDrippin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Yeah, i missed out on the pre-order and have been waiting almost a year now to get ahold of it. I really hope it goes to a reprint as i'd love to own the series. I contacted NIS a few months back and the response wasn't very promising. If interested heres the Reply.......

"Hello,

We currently do not have plans to re-release Anohana Premium Edition, but if anything changes, we will definitely announce it in our Prinny Bomb newsletter! Thank you for writing in and have a great week!

Best Wishes,

Support Representative
NIS America, Inc."

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:55 pm

I don't believe NISA has ever reprinted a premium edition after the first run, however they do release standard editions after awhile.

aDripDropDrippin
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby aDripDropDrippin » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:43 am

St0ck wrote:I don't believe NISA has ever reprinted a premium edition after the first run, however they do release standard editions after awhile.

Im pretty sure they did with both Kanatagatari sets.

formerroadie
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby formerroadie » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:52 am

St0ck wrote:I don't believe NISA has ever reprinted a premium edition after the first run, however they do release standard editions after awhile.

They reprinted Wagnaria. So, yes they have done it. There is a standard edition of Anohana now.

kjackme
Peon
Peon

Postby kjackme » Wed May 25, 2016 6:29 pm

What is irritating to me is now the standard edition is also no longer available. To buy it from anyone else now is over $100 often, for the standard edition!
I am hoping they restock at least the standard edition, I was going to buy it and then found out I barely missed out.
If it doesn't restock, I'll just import the Japanese version I guess, but I hope it restocks eventually.

NIS if you see this, please restock!

Return to “anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day”