Usagi Drop

bunny drop discussion forum
Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Usagi Drop

Postby Daverost » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:47 am

In a case where the source material is finished, deviating from it serves no other purpose than to piss off the fanbase. The only thing they might change is the second half because of the amount of hate it's generated, but the anime more than likely won't even be touching that part.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:56 am

Not really. It just gives a different reason to watch the anime. We'll see how it goes when it gets there though.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Animeruko
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Animeruko » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:45 am

vampko wrote:Not really. It just gives a different reason to watch the anime. We'll see how it goes when it gets there though.

This is correct. I mentioned Tsukihime for a reason. The Tsukihime anime is ignored among most of the fans of the original VN because its story doesn't follow any arc from the VN .. however when they made the anime they wanted the anime to be a new experience for the fans rather than just the same thing they already know.

I do not believe that this is the case for Usagi Drop.

Daverost wrote:The only thing they might change is the second half because of the amount of hate it's generated, but the anime more than likely won't even be touching that part.

I don't know how many episodes this series is going to be, my theory is that it will probably be 12/13 episode series and there will not be enough time to follow the second half of the story.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:43 pm

Animeruko wrote:This is correct. I mentioned Tsukihime for a reason. The Tsukihime anime is ignored among most of the fans of the original VN because its story doesn't follow any arc from the VN

No, it's ignored because it's bad. It mashes incompatible storylines (and in one odd instance, characters) together into one, drops personalities, ignores important and driving plot elements (I'm looking at you, Sacchin), ruins or completely ignores some of the best scenes (Chaos fight), and doesn't make a damn lick of sense by the end of it.

Also, if you watch it dubbed, the dub is typical God-awful Geneon garbage. Akiha's voice made me want to kill her, and I love Akiha.

P.S. Fate/stay night's anime was bad for the same reasons, it just wasn't as bad.
I never got my avatars.

Animeruko
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Animeruko » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:13 am

Daverost wrote:No, it's ignored because it's bad. It mashes incompatible storylines (and in one odd instance, characters) together into one, drops personalities, ignores important and driving plot elements (I'm looking at you, Sacchin), ruins or completely ignores some of the best scenes (Chaos fight), and doesn't make a damn lick of sense by the end of it.

Also, if you watch it dubbed, the dub is typical God-awful Geneon garbage. Akiha's voice made me want to kill her, and I love Akiha.

P.S. Fate/stay night's anime was bad for the same reasons, it just wasn't as bad.

The whole point is that these works are independent from their originals and should not be compared to them. This should be the case for all of these unless its stated that It is intended to be a Direct transition from whatever to Anime.

I'm curious what kinds of nonsense people say about the Kara no Kyōkai Movies or maybe they cant say much because most people haven't read the books so the movies are more easily accepted since there is nothing to gauge them against.

. . . Who actually watches dubed Anime? That's almost as dumb as dubing hentai.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Animeruko wrote:I'm curious what kinds of nonsense people say about the Kara no Kyōkai Movies or maybe they cant say much because most people haven't read the books so the movies are more easily accepted since there is nothing to gauge them against.

The books are all translated. The only complaints people really have are that the sixth movie was handled rather poorly, but the entire series is regarded as being great.

Then again, you're not looking at a studio that's not good at adaptations (J.C. Staff or DEEN), and you're looking at novels, which only have one plot line.

VN adaptations are almost always going to be awful compared to the source material. Hell, even linear VNs like Higurashi and Umineko have terrible anime adaptations. It's just not possible to condense them into a TV series and leave all the good stuff intact.
I never got my avatars.

Animeruko
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Animeruko » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Daverost wrote:The books are all translated. The only complaints people really have are that the sixth movie was handled rather poorly, but the entire series is regarded as being great..
wow I didn't know they translated the books, I'll have to check them out sometime. . . I don't usually venture beyond anime land but this is Type-Moon.

Anyways Episode 6 was XD.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:51 am

Well they're not officially translated (Del Rey picked them up but then never did anything with them), but translations are available online.
I never got my avatars.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:37 am

Episode 6 was great ~

Spoiler:
That tree idea is a great one. Makes me kinda want to think about it for the day when(if) I have kids of my own.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Episode 7 was great as well ~
Spoiler:
Daikichi's learning a lot about family and marraige. I like how they're doing this show, and I can't wait to see more =^0^=
Spoiler:

Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Rydux » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:06 pm

I just love how
Spoiler:
Kouki's and Daikichi are getting to be like father and son in a sense, and Yukari and Rin mother and daughter :lol:
Believe in the Future, persist in the Present.

Everyone in NISA ever wrote: Rydux, is like, the best guy ever.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Rydux wrote:I just love how
Spoiler:
Kouki's and Daikichi are getting to be like father and son in a sense, and Yukari and Rin mother and daughter :lol:

Seems pretty intended, and I also like that ~
Spoiler:

leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby leinaud » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:59 am

*sigh* this is such a great show.

Awaking in 2014...

Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Obake » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:48 am

leinaud wrote:*sigh* this is such a great show.

Indeed it is. I just spent the night at work watching the 9 episodes. I was quite impressed.

Spoiler:
Rin's mom seems to care about her a lot more than she did before. I'm curious as to whether that will come into play.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Played Catch up yet again.

And the show continues to be unbearably adorable, and I continue to empty out my tear ducts every episode ~

Spoiler:
I DO get the feeling she may decide to take Rin back, or at least to start being a presence in her life.

This is the perfect show to watch, you just watch an episode and you feel good for some reason ~
Spoiler:

Return to “bunny drop”