Shipping + Taxes

Your customer service concerns will be addressed here.
arubino99
New Vassal
New Vassal

Shipping + Taxes

Postby arubino99 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:11 pm

Sorry NISA,

Not going to place an order with you, and probably won't again until you change policies.
Shipping - $10
Taxes - $6
$16 for a $50 product (hint: that's another 33%).

I don't mind paying shipping and taxes, but honestly, why would I? I can purchase from Amazon or Newegg without both. Additionally, to qualify for your free shipping, I have to order >$75 in product. I usually order LE/CE versions of products. With this in mind, I have two choices: order two products, and my first gets delayed until the second releases and ships. Or wait and hope the LE/CE versions remain in-stock when a second product is added to your store. And because NISA traditionally works with niche titles and is rather small, there's often not two products released simultaneously that I want to order.

It's truly bad form. Thought I'd leave my negative feedback over the policy change here for visibility. I tried calling, but NISA CS is rather unreachable.

-Signed,
A loyal (formerly) NISA customer

SmuffyGT
Peon
Peon

Re: Shipping + Taxes

Postby SmuffyGT » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:03 pm

As much as I hate to say something I'd never want to hold myself to--I'm in the same camp. I always loved the free shipping NISA provided, and while I can understand the change, it's been implemented in a way that makes me feel a bit punished as a customer. I'm a business grad, and a retail manager, so I understand a bit of the reasoning behind the switch to collection from the customer's side, but to have it become so restrictive is disheartening.

For starters, free shipping @ $75 would be fine in my eyes if the service didn't wait to ship orders whole. When most items are locked in at a cheaper price point, you're either waiting months for a game to ship (entirely unacceptable in this market, even if the releases are limited elsewhere, for a variety of reasons including competition windows, marketing relevance, etc.) or you're ordering items separately at exorbitant costs. I went to purchase The Witch and the Hundred Knight LE (for the second time, by the way), and shipping was going to be roughly 25% of the purchase price. I certainly don't expect NISA to compete with Amazon, but even without using corporate shipping rates these prices are ridiculous. I just sent a much larger, much heavier package to Japan more cheaply than the 2 day option I had from here, and not much more expensive than the cheapest option. If I were to ship the package I would get from NISA, back to NISA as a regular USPS customer, I would pay about a third of what NISA wants to charge me. So my options are to wait until at least one of the items I wanted in a package would be available for nearly half price at other retailers (as games don't tend to hold value), or pay what feels like an insultingly high bill for shipping. This really just facilitates spending disincentives.

As much as I'd love to keep collecting these quirky games and experiencing these vibrant worlds, I'm going to have to pass until the situation changes. :( I sincerely hope NISA is able to work out a better method in the near future.

arubino99
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby arubino99 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:14 pm

Oh, and I'd like to add...
Amazon Prime now not only offers FREE SHIPPING but also 20% off pre-orders of games.

So now the question becomes - do I get free shipping/taxes AND 20% off a regular edition from Amazon, or do I continue with NISA and the hassle with their LEs? Sorry NISA, but you're not doing your customers any favors here.

arubino99
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby arubino99 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:23 pm

So two years later, I check back with NISA. Sure enough, an LE that's $69.99 is more expensive than one that's $79.99 due to shipping.

If I purchased both, I'd have to wait MONTHS for a "combined" order. Sorry, but your LE/CEs are simply not worth a 25% premium for shipping + taxes on top of paying more than the standard editions.

And speaking of Standard Editions, why would I buy them from NISA directly (and get charged shipping + taxes) when I can pre-order from Amazon, Best Buy, or even Gamestop and get 20% off MSRP?

Sorry, NISA. Please partner with a company like Amazon to handle your shipping and distribution. Even Namco-Bandai does it with their LE/CEs.

Return to “Customer Service Announcements”