No Blu-Ray?

Official Natsume's Book of Friends discussion forum.
miruki
Vassal
Vassal

No Blu-Ray?

Postby miruki » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:15 am

Seriously? One of the most beautiful anime series and I won't be able to enjoy it in HD? This makes me very sad. ;_;

formerroadie
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: No Blu-Ray?

Postby formerroadie » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:39 am

I was sorta bummed about this too, but getting BDs from anime companies in japan is going to get harder until they figure out how to deal with reverse importation. Idiots made NA and Japan the same region, which was incredibly dumb.

chronoclast
Peon
Peon

Postby chronoclast » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:43 pm

http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=859

I've added a wish to Pram's Wish List for Natsume on Blu-ray. Please vote for it.

kenshin-dono
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby kenshin-dono » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:00 pm

Well.. crap. I was about to make a thread about this myself. I was VERY disapointed to hear this. I feel it very hard to rationalize purchasing a series when the commercial release is lower quality than fansubs! I like supporting US releases but when we only get a SD release for a series, especially one that looked pretty like this, it makes me wonder why bother.

I actually still havent watched this one yet, its been in my backlog. I was hoping i could have bought the BD's and just watched those =(

Any plans for one at all? I was doing an order for several of the newer series and just noticed this was DVD only. I dont think i'll be getting it right now.

By the way. For that Prams wish list thing.. what gives? I cant log in. Isn't it your account email/pword, or username/pword?

*edit* WTF? just noticed Zakuro and House of 5 leaves is DVD only as well! 2 more series i wanted to pick up... grr 3 series i probably wont be buying now?

godai
Peon
Peon

Postby godai » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:38 pm

House of Five leaves didn't get a Japanese blu-ray release either. Besides, the box set is beautiful and the transfer looks good.

relyat08
Peon
Peon

Postby relyat08 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:20 pm

I'm still hoping for a BD of the first two seasons for this. At least we got 3 and 4 on BD. I'll double dip for a Blu-ray of the first two seasons if NIS is ever willing to do that.

Return to “Natsume's Book of Friends”