Prinny Bomb #281 - Neptunia mk2 DLC sale on PSN!

This is where all the Prinny Bombs go.
PastryMcCormick
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Prinny Bomb #281 - Neptunia mk2 DLC sale on PSN!

Postby PastryMcCormick » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Have a glorious eve, dood!

The PastryMan :?

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Prinny Bomb #281 - Neptunia mk2 DLC sale on PSN!

Postby LAMV » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Can you tell your fellow staff members to try and get the original game on PSN, too? You don't have it in your online store anymore. How is anyone supposed to play it?

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:24 pm

LAMV wrote:Can you tell your fellow staff members to try and get the original game on PSN, too? You don't have it in your online store anymore. How is anyone supposed to play it?

Either eBay or Gamestop (GS has a preowned copy on occasion).

Also, HDN wasn't exactly good, so I don't believe NISA is very eager to put it online, especially not when they have the (slightly) superior mk2 that they could be selling.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

kuroineko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby kuroineko » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:41 pm

Well at least this sale gets an announcement unlike a certain other game that just went completely past the radar

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Oh, awesome. I love mk2. How about some more mk2 avatars?

(I already bought all the DLC I'm going to buy for this game.)
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:27 am

kuroineko wrote:Well at least this sale gets an announcement unlike a certain other game that just went completely past the radar

What is that certain other game? If you're talking about Disgaea 4, it was even announced AHEAD of time.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

kuroineko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby kuroineko » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 pm

CelticRedemption wrote:
kuroineko wrote:Well at least this sale gets an announcement unlike a certain other game that just went completely past the radar

What is that certain other game? If you're talking about Disgaea 4, it was even announced AHEAD of time.

It was mentioned along with everything else that there would be a sale, so all anyone knew was that D4 DLC would be discounted at some point from Nov.20-Dec.18. No further announcement or details given at all. I got what I wanted because I watched the PSN Store itself like a hawk, but others missed out.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Yeah, someone on this forum has already indicated that they were interested but didn't know they missed it.
I never got my avatars.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Apparently people can't READ then.

http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?nav ... l274.html#

It's VERY clearly stated which games will be receiving discounts, when the sale itself starts and ends, and that the discounted items will change weekly.

So not being on the ball and knowing to look on the first day of the sale to see which game has discounted items ( which so far has been in order according to the list in that Prinny Bomb newsletter ), you can only blame yourself.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

kuroineko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby kuroineko » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:19 pm

http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?nav ... ol277.html

Absolutely zero mention of any sale whatsoever, Disgaea, DLC, PSN, NISA, nothing. Not in the newsletter, not on the website, not on the forums.

So yes, if you remembered to navigate the confusing Sony menus two weeks later with no other prompt than "hey something's on sale later," you'd find D4 DLC hidden away among Sega games and other discounted items.

If they said "Disgaea 4 DLC on sale Nov. 20th!" anywhere at all I wouldn't even be bringing this up. But they weren't clear, they sent no reminders, and failed to responsibly inform their own fans.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:31 pm

kuroineko wrote:http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=n&article=pbomb/PrinnyBomb_Vol277.html

Absolutely zero mention of any sale whatsoever, Disgaea, DLC, PSN, NISA, nothing. Not in the newsletter, not on the website, not on the forums.

So yes, if you remembered to navigate the confusing Sony menus two weeks later with no other prompt than "hey something's on sale later," you'd find D4 DLC hidden away among Sega games and other discounted items.

If they said "Disgaea 4 DLC on sale Nov. 20th!" anywhere at all I wouldn't even be bringing this up. But they weren't clear, they sent no reminders, and failed to responsibly inform their own fans.

Oh I'm sorry, did I link that particular Prinny Bomb? Oh yeah, no. You've received the one I sent as well, which again tells you all you needed to know, that you need NISA to constantly remind you is again, only your own fault.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

kuroineko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby kuroineko » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:06 am

I suppose the significance of that PB was lost on you, let me break it down for you.

Nov-08 : Clan of Champions, dood! By the way, there's a sale in two weeks that will have one of seven things discounted! (Forum post only mentions Clan of Champions, and nothing about the sale)
Nov-14 : No mention of the PSN sale
Nov-19 : Web store sale
Nov-20 : No mention of the PSN sale that started today
Nov-21 : Steam sale
Nov-26 : Web store sale
Nov-27 : D4 avatars
Nov-28 : HNmk2 DLC 50% off

Completely left in the dark as to what is actually on sale unless you go find out for yourself. Yeah, that sure is being told everything you need to know.

I already said I got what I wanted because I happened to read a notice with a subject line I was not interested in, remembered two weeks later that there was supposed to be some sort of sale, didn't see anything about it at all on the official site, booted up my PS3 specifically to load the PSN Store and nothing else, navigate to Games > Hot on PS3 (not PS3 Games or Add-ons, that's a dead end) > Weekly Deals > All Deals, scroll through a bunch of SEGA games, PSN and PSP/Vita titles, a bunch of PS+ discounts, oh hey look, there are some Disgaea characters here, I guess that's on sale this week after all!! Thanks NISA!

I don't expect everyone to do that, and neither should NISA. What's the point of a newsletter that doesn't inform members of what's new?

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 am

The forum post only ever has the initial picture of the Prinny Bomb newsletters.
Again, if you're subscribed to the newsletter, and actually READ THEM, then you would've known about the sale. And again, not remembering that they told you ahead of time there was going to be a sale the 20th is entirely and only your own fault.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Celtic, stop. It's non-obvious which items were going on sale on which days.

Yes, you could check every single week to find out, but that's not the point that anyone's trying to make. All that's been said is that the schedule exists, but is unclear.

In fact, the majority of people thought that the list was for the first week alone and other things would cycle in after.
I never got my avatars.

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:51 pm

So, ended up buying a PSN card and just remembered that this mk2 dlc sale is still on.
Is there any DLC worth buying? (Only DLC I brought was Uni's swimsuit and cosplay outfit).

I'm planning on buying Cave and Falcom for sure though. Are their dlc costumes any good?

Return to “Prinny Bombs”