Prinny Bomb #326 - Black Rock Shooter The Game, dood!

This is where all the Prinny Bombs go.
Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Prinny Bomb #326 - Black Rock Shooter The Game, dood!

Postby Porecomesis » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Houk wrote:
Daverost wrote:Any chance we'll ever hear the full story on that from any one party?

Not really. And honestly, there isn't any "full story" to hear. Sometimes things just don't work out the way you'd like, and they get dragged on longer than you'd like. I guarantee the reality is much more mundane than whatever you might imagine.

The trick here, Houk, is to be as overly hammy with your descriptions as possible. It also helps if you heap in lots of big words, bolds, italics and caps locks.

What Houk should have wrote:The tale of the localisation of Black Rock Shooter is indeed a perilous one. What should have been a quick release overseas turned into a slothful nightmare that delayed the release for ALMOST TWO YEEEEAAAARS!!!

*This suggestion is brought to you by an introvert who hasn't published a single thing in his life and whose advice is slightly less reliable than a snake asking to kiss you.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:55 pm

In seriousness, I'm genuinely surprised that it's finally getting released. I didn't expect it to be released in less than three weeks, though. It's already a trial trying to get Neptunia Victory right now.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:16 am

Houk wrote:
Daverost wrote:Any chance we'll ever hear the full story on that from any one party?

Not really. And honestly, there isn't any "full story" to hear. Sometimes things just don't work out the way you'd like, and they get dragged on longer than you'd like. I guarantee the reality is much more mundane than whatever you might imagine.

I asked knowing that I would get a boring answer.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby artemisthemp » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:53 am

Hope this will be released in Denmark, even though I could see some issue with the low population.

Bigboss09
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Bigboss09 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:39 am

is this game will incloude english dub in it ?

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Daverost wrote:
Houk wrote:

If you want, you can take Porecomesis's version as canon instead, that did spice things up a bit.

To the other posters, the game will have only the Japanese dub, and it will be available in Denmark.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Houk wrote:and it will only be available in Denmark.

Is how I read that at first and was hilarious.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby artemisthemp » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Houk wrote:
Daverost wrote:
Houk wrote:

If you want, you can take Porecomesis's version as canon instead, that did spice things up a bit.

To the other posters, the game will have only the Japanese dub, and it will be available in Denmark.

I read in viewtopic.php?f=57&t=12113#p581455

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Awww, I wanted to hear her dubbed.

SuperNipah
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby SuperNipah » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:09 am

Happy that it's finally coming out, though it's disappointing it won't be available in Canada. I'll have to jump through some hoops to buy it from the American PSN, but so be it, I guess. xP

Ilitsa
Peon
Peon

Postby Ilitsa » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Out of curiosity, why wasn't the game dubbed? With how long people waited for the game, you'd think that it would have been, honestly. I don't mean to be offensive, but it kinda feels like the ball was dropped on this. And I'm sure I'll be hit with dozens of people saying how much "better the jap audio is" but I'm one of the people that enjoy playing games in MY language. I'd been waiting for this from you guys since it was first announced, and gotta say no english audio is a large deal breaker, sorry

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:49 pm

...Not expected to sell quite highly enough to be worth it, perhaps? It may also be that there were rights issues involved. BRS is a... complicated character, apparently. It might even be that the creator didn't want an English-voiced one.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

BlinkWinkel
Majin
Majin

Postby BlinkWinkel » Sun May 05, 2013 3:17 pm

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Last edited by BlinkWinkel on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Sun May 05, 2013 4:54 pm

BlinkWinkel wrote:
Ilitsa wrote:And I'm sure I'll be hit with dozens of people saying how much "better the jap audio is" but I'm one of the people that enjoy playing games in MY language. I'd been waiting for this from you guys since it was first announced, and gotta say no english audio is a large deal breaker, sorry

To the others who like complaining about my preferences, see how I feel now? If our positions would be switched, and the original Japanese voices would be missing from this game it would be a large deal breaker for me as well.

I feel more sorry for llitsa then I do for you as he wants games in a language that he understands,and in this situation he has no way to get a English version as one doesn't exist. At least you can get the undub,or import the Japanese version most of the time.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sun May 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Personally, I think both opinions are asinine. The game is released in readable English. Either play it or don't. We don't need to hear complaints.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Return to “Prinny Bombs”