Umineko...anime.....

Official Umineko WHEN THEY CRY discussion forum
Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Umineko...anime.....

Postby Daverost » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:03 pm

There's nothing they could have done to save the anime. It was doomed from the start with Chiaki Kon in charge.

I honestly have no idea how Chiaki Kon keeps getting work. Everything they touch turns to crap.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

kyrt
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby kyrt » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:19 am

Yay? Honestly I'm mixed about this release. I'm going to buy it but I'm going to be paying very close attention to how well NISA translates things so that we can see whether or not they might do a good job if the PS3 game is released sometime after. Hell the only reason I'm buying it is in the hope for the visual novel. Hell I'm sad just thinking about the possibility that I buy this anime and never get to see the game get released officially.

The anime does so many things wrong and the only people to buy it will likely be fans of the series already. More than anything releasing the visual novel might actually help sales of the anime since umineko fans are like type-moon fans we tend to buy anything related to our interest.

so yes I'm surprised by this but really hope this isn't just a quick way for NISA to make a bunch of profit off of the hopes and dreams of umineko fans.

InnocentPierreta
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby InnocentPierreta » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:09 pm

As much as I -REALLY- want to get the Anime, it's highly likely I won't since it honestly doesn't not look that great to me. And knowing me, since I'm currently playing the VN, when I watch the series I'll look at it and be bored with it. But then again, maybe I will like it. I just really don't know. :/ I had a friend who watched it and -LOVED- it, so I suggested to her that she play the VN just to get the full experience since as I've been reading the other posts, many things were taken out and or changed. If I were to get it, the main reason would be those hardcover art books since I love getting things like those.

Quiz112
Peon
Peon

Postby Quiz112 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Damn I loved reading the VN! I didn't like the anime as much but I'm getting this anyway to support Umineko. I really hope the games get localized!

YdoUask
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby YdoUask » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Same here. I'm really happy that I am finally able to read a little bit of the bonus features. I know they were released bit by bit in the Japanese release so I'm kinda curious as to whether or not it's a full re-issue (It probably is, IIRC the japanese booklet was like 5 pages, and the English release is a lot thicker), I would have prefered a re-issue of the Tarot cards, but I imagine it might have been something like they had to contact the original artists (and besides that the Tarot cards were 1 per disk in the Japanese release, so it would be something like 1 grand to pick them up 1st hand. That said, the NISA release has a reeeeeealy nice art box. Like, I could probably frame it nice.

sschafi1
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby sschafi1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:06 pm

I'm one of those people that watched the anime first. I still haven't read the VNs but I hope to soon. That being said, I actually enjoyed the anime quite a bit.

I suppose that once I go through the VNs, I'll have a different opinion about Umineko as an adaptation. However, as a stand-alone anime release, I found it quite enjoyable :)

Qefimo
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Qefimo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Daverost wrote:There's nothing they could have done to save the anime. It was doomed from the start with Chiaki Kon in charge.

They probably couldn't have done it even with a better director. The source material is too literary to be done proper justice in anime or manga. Also, way too long.

catstarx
Peon
Peon

Postby catstarx » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:37 am

vampko wrote:I want an opinion from someone who didn't touch the V/N and watched the anime first. Cause I've had my own experiences where I read "the anime was a HORRIBLE adaptation" but I loved the anime.

I didn't play the vn yet, and I watched the anime first, just like I did with Higurashi. Well, I loved the anime, I really liked the animations, I'm not saying it was the best one, but I think it fits with the atmosphere of the anime. The bgm was awesome and the anime made me love Umineko and start reading the manga :) I will indeed play the vn, but I didn't hate the anime. Maybe if I play it I will start hating the anime too.. anyway, I loved ^^

Return to “Umineko WHEN THEY CRY”