Thanks a bunch NISA

in Europe, for PSVita
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Thanks a bunch NISA

Postby vampko » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:39 am

I'm not European, but the problem is on Atlus JP's end, so it's not likely at all that NISA would be able to include the JP dub. Though, if they did, I might even import the EU version to be honest.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

SgtMettool
Vassal
Vassal

Postby SgtMettool » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:35 pm

dgnfly wrote:NIS america never does special editions

Mugen Souls and Neptunia 1 & 2 say hello.

Also, P4's special edition was a limited (and already sold out) run provided by Atlus. I don't claim to be an expert on the red tape behind this, but if I had to take a guess, I would say that whether or not EU will receive a special edition would be a decision on Atlus' part. And if not, NISA might not necessarily have permission from Atlus to make a special edition of their own.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:23 pm

SgtMettool wrote:
dgnfly wrote:NIS america never does special editions

Mugen Souls and Neptunia 1 & 2 say hello.

Also, P4's special edition was a limited (and already sold out) run provided by Atlus. I don't claim to be an expert on the red tape behind this, but if I had to take a guess, I would say that whether or not EU will receive a special edition would be a decision on Atlus' part. And if not, NISA might not necessarily have permission from Atlus to make a special edition of their own.

Ugh... He means they never do special editions for EUROPE.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Unvivid » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:13 pm

huh... wierd... I got a special/limited edition(or whatever boxed edition) for disgaea 4 and i didnt need to import from US...pretty sure australia is a pal region like europe unless australia is different despite being pal...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Unvivid wrote:huh... wierd... I got a special/limited edition(or whatever boxed edition) for disgaea 4 and i didnt need to import from US...pretty sure australia is a pal region like europe unless australia is different despite being pal...

Oh.

Well I don't know what the fuck this guy is talking about then.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:08 am

ZekeFreek wrote:
Unvivid wrote:huh... wierd... I got a special/limited edition(or whatever boxed edition) for disgaea 4 and i didnt need to import from US...pretty sure australia is a pal region like europe unless australia is different despite being pal...

Oh.

Well I don't know what the fuck this guy is talking about then.

I never saw a limited edition be available in Europe. The most I saw was a retailer-exclusive pre-order bonus of the artbook, and that's it.
So I really now have no idea.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Wilhem
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Wilhem » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:10 am

I'm always importing NIS America's game from the USA because in Europe (At least in France) we never ever had a Collector/Limited Edition of any of their games. No Limited Edition for the Ateliers games, no Limited Edition for the Ar tonelico games, no Limited Edition for the Neptunia games, no Limited Edition for the Disgaea games, do I need to continue :roll: ? Thankfully the PS3 and VITA aren't region locked so we can still import and get those Limited Edition ( with about 20$ to 42$ added to the price to pay for the shipping fees T_T) but it is true that it is always disappointing when the Japanese release and the US release both have Collectors and we don't (still I understand since NIS America isn't alway distributing these games in Europe so I guess Koch Media and the other who distribute them are the one to blame.).

As for Persona 4 : The Golden, it would be great indeed to have the option to choose between the Japanese voices and the US voices in the European release (or at least release a DLC with them or add 5 to 10€ to the price tag if bringing them back in the game is costing you an arm and a leg ;) ) since we're getting it sometime around March and June, if NIS America was to announce something like that before Atlus release Persona 4 : The Golden in the USA I'm pretty sure a lot of people would wait for the European release to buy this game instead of buying it from ATLUS US.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:49 am

Unfortunately, adding the Japanese voices to the European release isn't a possibility. If it were possible, it would be up to Atlus to implement, and since it isn't in the US version, it won't be in the Euro version.

On a brighter note, while we haven't set an official release date, I can say with some confidence that you won't be waiting till June.

dgnfly
Vassal
Vassal

Postby dgnfly » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:57 pm

Wilhem wrote:I'm always importing NIS America's game from the USA because in Europe (At least in France) we never ever had a Collector/Limited Edition of any of their games. No Limited Edition for the Ateliers games, no Limited Edition for the Ar tonelico games, no Limited Edition for the Neptunia games, no Limited Edition for the Disgaea games, do I need to continue :roll: ? Thankfully the PS3 and VITA aren't region locked so we can still import and get those Limited Edition ( with about 20$ to 42$ added to the price to pay for the shipping fees T_T) but it is true that it is always disappointing when the Japanese release and the US release both have Collectors and we don't (still I understand since NIS America isn't alway distributing these games in Europe so I guess Koch Media and the other who distribute them are the one to blame.).

As for Persona 4 : The Golden, it would be great indeed to have the option to choose between the Japanese voices and the US voices in the European release (or at least release a DLC with them or add 5 to 10€ to the price tag if bringing them back in the game is costing you an arm and a leg ;) ) since we're getting it sometime around March and June, if NIS America was to announce something like that before Atlus release Persona 4 : The Golden in the USA I'm pretty sure a lot of people would wait for the European release to buy this game instead of buying it from ATLUS US.

seems you'll have 2 import golden 4 also if you want a collectors editions cause NIS europe facebook says.
NIS America, Inc. Europe, I dont think there will be a special or limited edition for this one in Europe.

kinda funny it says for this one, cause europe never ever got any special or any kinda edition we always just get a skimped out game. skimped cause we rarely get all the DLC.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:58 pm

dgnfly wrote:kinda funny it says for this one, cause europe never ever got any special or any kinda edition we always just get a skimped out game. skimped cause we rarely get all the DLC.

Some games get Europe-only special editions actually, so it works in reverse, just not quite as frequently.
Saying "all the DLC" is slightly misleading as some places in Europe get everything fine, but due to the language nonsense it's not available in all countries, particularly when there's a smaller publisher behind it.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Wilhem
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Wilhem » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:59 am

Houk wrote:Unfortunately, adding the Japanese voices to the European release isn't a possibility. If it were possible, it would be up to Atlus to implement, and since it isn't in the US version, it won't be in the Euro version.

On a brighter note, while we haven't set an official release date, I can say with some confidence that you won't be waiting till June.

Thank you for the clear answer. It is good to see that these forums are read by NISA employees and that they are answering our questions so swiftly.

DizzyQViper
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby DizzyQViper » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:56 am

artemisthemp wrote:
sakiu wrote:Well damn, as NISA doesn't care about Poland I'll be buying US version... not going to wait just to get disappointed in the end...

Well good thing for others that someone at least picked this up for EU, not for Scandinavia and Poland though :cry:

I did see Mugen Souls DLC pop up in Denmark, so there is hope for MK-2 Avatar and Persona 4: Golden on PSN, but gonna get US version also.

@ ZekeFreek Take into consideration, that most of the time are there no difference in EU version of a game (take Catherine as example (Ok Deep Silver was lazy bumbs like Atlus and actually bother putting in a English Trophy list).

Our version of Catherine had a reversible cover and i got a artbook and soundtrack with the regular edition of the game. It took them a while but they did a good job IMO.

Sometimes we do get tweaks with our games. Odins Sphere had a smoother framerate, FFX had the Dark Aeons and a bonus DVD and Blazblue: CT had all the DLC colors on disk to name some examples.
While we do get the short end of the stick allot its not always bad.

Honestly i dont give a hoot about the voices and i for one am thankful NISA is willing to publish it here.

tattsundere
Peon
Peon

Postby tattsundere » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:17 am

:cry: i was excited about P4golden europe coz its under nisamerica i was expecting a dual audio but it seems its not possible :( i dont see a reason to buy the europe version i bet the only difference is the price and preorder bonus :( i hope its still possible to have jap voice option

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:30 am

I usually am a person who likes to listen to both languages, but I think Atlus did a really good job on Persona 4's English dub to where I say it's 1 of the best English dubs out there. And this is coming from someone who enjoys about 95% of the English dubs out there.

Though i've listened to these English dub voices with Persona 4 (PS2), Persona 4 Arena (PS3), and Persona 4 The Animation (Anime Network / Blu-ray). So maybe I just became very used to the English dub.

Cycloid
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Cycloid » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Well this sucks.

Thanks (for nothing) I guess, NISA.

Return to “Persona 4 Golden”