in Europe, for PSVita
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Thanks a bunch NISA

Postby Ringwraith » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Cycloid wrote:Well this sucks.

Thanks (for nothing) I guess, NISA.

No need to be so hostile, they're publishing the game in Europe, so if they hadn't it would've been delayed more at the very least.
The lack of a Japanese voice track is completely out of their hands. It was Atlus' decision, not theirs.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:00 am

Ringwraith wrote:

No need to be so hostile, they're publishing the game in Europe, so if they hadn't it would've been delayed more at the very least.
The lack of a Japanese voice track is completely out of their hands. It was Atlus' decision, not theirs.

Oh let stupid people be stupid.

They won't understand any reasoning they are given.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Emerald Emblem » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:51 am

Looks like I should have registered at Gamestop. Looks like they sold out before they got round to guest orders. Shall eagerly await your release of this NISA.

BlinkWinkel
Majin
Majin

Postby BlinkWinkel » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:06 pm

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Last edited by BlinkWinkel on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:39 pm

BlinkWinkel wrote:

Yeah, no point in playing this game if it's not dual audio (might as well just play the good old PS2 undub) but NISA isn't responsible for the terrible localization, Atlus is.

Yep, better skip the hours of exclusive content for those Japanese voices that don't affect anything.

Atlus is forever my hero for tuning out this nonsense.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:06 pm

ArmedDragoon wrote:
BlinkWinkel wrote:

Yeah, no point in playing this game if it's not dual audio (might as well just play the good old PS2 undub) but NISA isn't responsible for the terrible localization, Atlus is.

Yep, better skip the hours of exclusive content for those Japanese voices that don't affect anything.

It's probably best to not argue with BlinkWinkel as his mindset is all localizations are terrible if they don't have JP audio.

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:07 pm

kanade2 wrote:
ArmedDragoon wrote:
BlinkWinkel wrote:

It's probably best to not argue with BlinkWinkel as his mindset is all localizations are terrible if they don't have JP audio.

Oh believe me, I know. I've known him on Gamefaqs for ages.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

BlinkWinkel
Majin
Majin

Postby BlinkWinkel » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:01 am

Last edited by BlinkWinkel on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:17 am

BlinkWinkel wrote:
kanade2 wrote:It's probably best to not argue with BlinkWinkel as his mindset is all localizations are terrible if they don't have JP audio.

The setting in Persona 4 is in Japan, the characters are Japanese, artstyle is 100% Japanese anime, Persona 4 even has its own Japanese anime series... enough said.

Though on the other hand the dub is very well done, so you are hardly saddled with a cripplingly awful version.
Heck, they even kept honourifics in, if that is not a sign of them knowing what they are doing I have no idea what is.

Sure the option of having it is nice, but it does not suddenly invalidate it just on that basis.

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

BlinkWinkel wrote:
kanade2 wrote:It's probably best to not argue with BlinkWinkel as his mindset is all localizations are terrible if they don't have JP audio.

The setting in Persona 4 is in Japan, the characters are Japanese, artstyle is 100% Japanese anime, Persona 4 even has its own Japanese anime series... enough said.

You're quite well known outside of this website so there are people here that know where you stand when it comes to localizations. You pretty much you consider all JRPG localization to be terrible if they don't have the JP audio. On top of that you tend to go around posting the undub version,and you also tell people you got,or will be getting the undub version. This is why I warned people to not argue with you as you're a brick wall that will never compromise when it comes down to this issue.

Sultan Sigma
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Sultan Sigma » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:28 am

BlinkWinkel wrote:

I bought the game as an English speaker. So your point is?

BlinkWinkel
Majin
Majin

Postby BlinkWinkel » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Last edited by BlinkWinkel on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

nroejb
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby nroejb » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:50 am

ArmedDragoon wrote:
BlinkWinkel wrote:

You just don't understand how traumatised people can get due to repeated bad localisation...
You should try playing Grandaia 1, maybe then you understand why some older gamers automaticly don't buy if it hasn't original audio, the distrust we got for a good reason is just still too big.

Luckily most companies no longer bother making German localisations, In fact it's the mayor crimes of Bioware still to do so, it's nonsense, virtually all german video gamers are perfectly capable of playing and understanding english games and these few who don't would quickly learn.
Considering that german voiceacting in general, but especially for video games (due to leak of respect for video games in the german industry) is at least 2 numbers lower in quality then english ones, I am often happy with english synchro, but I can completely understand native english speakers prefering the Japanese original audio to japanese games.

I got P4 for vita but now that I heard about that voice stuff I too will probably first play my old PS2 version to compare.
The english voiceact of Persona 3 was of mixed quality but I remember that of Fuuka Yamagishi was particularly bad, which was quite terrible given the fact that you here her talk all the time. can't blame anyone for being distrusting after that.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:13 am

nroejb wrote:I got P4 for vita but now that I heard about that voice stuff I too will probably first play my old PS2 version to compare.
The english voiceact of Persona 3 was of mixed quality but I remember that of Fuuka Yamagishi was particularly bad, which was quite terrible given the fact that you here her talk all the time. can't blame anyone for being distrusting after that.

Fuuka was just kinda dead rather than horrible though, just really flat.
She seemed to get some actual voice direction later, as she was better in FES.
Having heard the different voices for Persona 4, you will probably end up forgetting they have changed at all once you have settled into it. Chie deliberately sounds different at the start before she gets her character development, and Teddie is Teddie, and I personally find what little I've heard of Teddie's Japanese voice terrifying.

nroejb
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby nroejb » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Ringwraith wrote:
nroejb wrote:I got P4 for vita but now that I heard about that voice stuff I too will probably first play my old PS2 version to compare.

Fuuka was just kinda dead rather than horrible though, just really flat.
She seemed to get some actual voice direction later, as she was better in FES.
Having heard the different voices for Persona 4, you will probably end up forgetting they have changed at all once you have settled into it. Chie deliberately sounds different at the start before she gets her character development, and Teddie is Teddie, and I personally find what little I've heard of Teddie's Japanese voice terrifying.

Well 'I don't know About FES, bought but never played it. I spend far the most of my Persona 3 Time on PSP. After the female main character became more and more the true main char in my mind, my interest in FES kept on shrinking (if the player char is mute, I wan't to at least se some emotions reflect in It's/his/her portraits).
Anyway on P3 PSP Fuuka was quite bad, particularly her in Batlle/Dark Hour babbling.
Luckily she was the only downside of an otherwise grandious PSP game.

Return to “Persona 4 Golden”