Debating About Getting Game

Official Hyperdimension Neptunia Discussion Forum
Melaniipon
Vassal
Vassal

Debating About Getting Game

Postby Melaniipon » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:37 am

So I kept seeing this game at Gamestop and other similar places, and each time I pick up and look at it. I once saw an artbook at an awesome store out of state and wanted it, even though I've never played the game.

Anyway.

Recently I started watching Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation and while I wasn't expecting much going in, I found that the anime is pretty darn good. And I'm picky about my anime.

I'm not picky about games, though, I am an advent lover of RPGs, and JRPGs are no exception. This game is cheaper than Atelier Lodgy & Escha and Fairy Fencer F ((I'd like both)), so I'm wondering if I should actually get it. Turned based battles don't bother me.

From NIS I got into the Atelier games last year, starting with Meruru ((then Rorona and Totori, then Ayesha)). I also love Disgaea/Makai Kingdom/Phantom Brave.

So, should I get this? XD

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Debating About Getting Game

Postby Daverost » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:20 pm

You might like it. Check some gameplay videos on line and see if it looks like something you'd play.

It's got some serious parts, but it's big on humor and parodies. The characters are usually the biggest draw of the series.

Honestly, it's my favorite game series now, so I've got a biased opinion, but yeah, I'd recommend it.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Lady Nepgear
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Lady Nepgear » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:24 am

You should try it as it's definitely a great series, if you have a Vita get the rebith versions.
I love Nepgear. Favorite games Okami & HDN MKII.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:22 am

If you have a PC, you can get Re;birth 1 and try it out. I don't condone piracy, but you can see if you like it. ;)

And if you do, you can either: 1) wait for Re;birth 2 and 3 for a HD PC release. Or 2) get Re;birth 1/2/3 for the PSV if you have one.

Rebirth is a remake of the first 3 games that was originally on the PS3, using the battle system of the third game (called Neptune V).

There's also an idol-sim game, an SRPG, and a MusouxSenran Kagura type game, all on PSV.

And of course, there's one for PS4 coming out next month, and 2 more games were recently announced in the past week.

12 known titles in total as of now.

ivanchu77
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ivanchu77 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Despite it´s flaws i managed to have a amazing time with this games, the story is a little different from re:birth 1 too and there`s many situations and scenes that are completely different,in my opinion some characters like Neptune,IF,Vert and 5pb were at their best here, i never found them as likable and depeloped as they were in this game

..and man, nearly 5 years already since this game was released, i remember the first announcement of this as if it was yesterday, was currently playing trinity universe at the time and was really excited for this game, i wonder how many people expected it would eventually become in such a popular franchise back then xD

Melaniipon
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Melaniipon » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:35 pm

I just thought I'd come back to say that I've beaten HDN and I'm about to bear mk2, so I'm glad I got into this series. Thank you animation for helping me out.

I never would have thought I'd love such a silly series lols. Looking forward to Victory too!

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia”