Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 DLC in Finland

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!

Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 DLC in Finland

Postby Sumea » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:06 am

Yeah this day and day seems to more and more annoy me.

I am seriously starting to think to just not buy Disgaea 4 even though I am interested for the game because how worthy customer I am to nisa. I actually hope that ANY OTHER COMPANY picks up the next Neptunia game for localization because Nisa makes the dub in bad way and just can't do this DLC release stuff THEY SHOULD do. You can't just forget six countries from european region when all it needs is bit of paperwork and you have paying customers.

I mean, what else can I do, I heard nisa responds to their consumer feedback here, but nothing here either.

Let me list ALL COMPANIES that have screwed online content publishing in PSN, be it DLC, games, addons or avatars - this way:
NISA
Every other company can pull this job, EVERY OTHER COMPANY can do something as simple as publish the downloadable content in all areas at same time including Scandinavia and Poland.

I mean, games Nisa publishes interest me, but their practice of negledging me and my friends who all live here in Finland and other scandinavian countries is something I get personally offended by. I seriously do not know should I just wait and see do they get better and stop getting anything from Nisa until that point.

Or at least until SOME employee can address and give ANY explanation to this.
Sumea
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Chocobo115 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Why shiould I buy more NISA games when you can't provide with a fair and equal service when it comes to DLC for your games?
Could Houk or anybody come with any clarification in this?
Corrently disspleased with how you are treating us EU customers (i'm Swedish).
Chocobo115
Majin
Majin

Postby Houk » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:02 am

First of all, sorry I couldn't get in here earlier. Things are busy as always around here.

Anyway, as has been brought up, regulations require us to translate all DLC into certain languages for each region in Europe. This wasn't the case before, which meant we could release DLC in English no problem. But that regulation has changed, so if we want to release DLC in those regions, we have to translate certain PSN data into the required language. That may sound cheap/easy/fast, but unfortunately it's not. A lot goes on behind-the-scenes to get content released in each region, and sometimes it just isn't feasible to release that content quickly, or at all.

I can tell you that we are looking into ways to get our DLC released in Scandinavian and other territories, but unfortunately we have a limited number of employees and a limited number of days in the hour. So I can't really give you any kind of detailed plan or timetable for what may or may not be possible in terms of releasing DLC in your region.

The bottom line is, of course we value all of our customers and want to make our products available to as many of you as possible, but there are real-world limitations that don't always make this possible (the same goes for bringing Limited Editions to Europe, or voicing everything in English, or even being able to bring a game over from Japan in the first place).

You are, of course, free to choose not to buy our goods as a way to send a message. All I can say is that we are aware of the situation and are doing our best to find ways to give you guys what you want, and not buying our games won't really help with that.
Houk
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Sumea » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:49 am

Houk wrote:Anyway, as has been brought up, regulations require us to translate all DLC into certain languages for each region in Europe. This wasn't the case before, which meant we could release DLC in English no problem. But that regulation has changed, so if we want to release DLC in those regions, we have to translate certain PSN data into the required language.

Okay, That actually clarifies it a bit. I could check through the store to confirm this but I know recent releases did seem to be silly enough translated . I checked out, and indeed, the content description for FF XIII-2 DLC for example is translated. And yeah, it's not like Trophies initially were optional, then required etc. etc.

And no, I actually do not think that scandinavian and polish experts are everywhere in America - I think translators for our languages are hard to come by because these do represent languages only we in small countries speak.

I think we should get some contact to sony because this regulation of "service" is not something we want. We had a english store for 5 years, we have played EVERY game we had in English and still continue to because we do not care. We understand English quite enough to play games.

Thanks for clarification. It actually made me double check this stuff. I think now it indeed is sony who needs to be blamed. They frankly do not know how stupid their regulation is. Because:

A: 99% of gamers in Scandinavian/Polish area play their games in English and have good knowledge of English (heck, I myself learned the core myself through videogames because they were not in damn Finnish)
B: They want description to be in - say - Finnish, for game that otherwise is completely English. That is just silly.
C: They themselves have not translated the store in completion to said language, it only makes the store look disconnected and something with language identity crisis.

Because if this is true, it may affect other not-THAT-large game publishers in future as well and I do not want to see that.

I actually look forward to neptunia V and probably will buy Disgaea 4 next month. This indeed is something I cannot give complete fault to. I can myself say that if you go to an american company and just whip "Hey can you translate into Finnish" - you will not probably find a person. It was a goddamn joke in some flick how "nobody checks if you actually can speak Finnish even if you write it down to your resume"
Sumea
New Vassal
New Vassal

Previous

Return to Feedback for NIS America