Can we get the Xbox One version of Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness?

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!
murkeva
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Can we get the Xbox One version of Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness?

Postby murkeva » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:18 pm

Experience Inc. has announced that they will be self-publishing the Xbox One version of Stranger of Sword City digitally in the US, using NISA's Vita translation. I hope that 5pb will decide to do the same for Psycho-Pass on XBO. They already localized the 360 version of Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds all by themselves for the US.

Skorn
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Skorn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:
Skorn wrote:I would also love an EN version of Mandatory Happiness on Xbox One. If one is officially made (unlike that Hong Kong release which did not include English subtitles as promised) I will buy a copy for sure.

They are already doing most of what needs to be done with the port to PS4/VITA/PC in the US/EU. Except the Xbox One version has already been release as a completed product. In a perfect world.... it should entail much less effort to get this over to the US/EU. They should have to sell less units compared to their PS4/VITA (PC might be lower) counterparts to become profitable too. I'm still at a loss that it wasn't announced on Xbox One.

I'm not sure about the PC, but 5pb. is releasing the game on PS4 and Vita later this month, so NISA will likely work off of those versions. As for PC, I've heard evidence that these kinds of games tend to sell more on Steam and such, which would justify having to port it over.

Sorry for the confusion on my end. I was meaning to say the PC port was probably cheaper to make than PS4/VITA. Not that the PC version would sell less copies. My bad.

-----
Seeing the Psycho Pass movie tomorrow. Will keep watching for an EN Xbox One version and/or season 3 of the anime announcement! :D

Skorn
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Skorn » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:13 pm

Release is next month (for PS4 & VITA versions). Still nada as far as an Xbox One version. No release date for the Steam version either.
I might have to consider learning Japanese so I can just buy the Japanese limited edition on the Xbox One (console is region free). :(

The Psycho Pass movie was awesome too BTW. :D

Skorn
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Skorn » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:04 pm

5pb announced on Twitter Oct 25th that the English patch for the Asia Xbox One version was finally out.

https://twitter.com/DIV8_ASDF/status/790820324304576512

I tested it out on my Asia copy for X1 and it is indeed in English now. The game texts, game menus, & the game hub (where achievements, screenshots/video clips, & leaderboards live) are all in English. This only affects the Asia version though and the Japanese version is not translated.

Will be playing through it soon. :D

kongponleu88
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby kongponleu88 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:39 am

While I appreciate your announcement of a localization for 5pb's Psycho-Pass visual novel, you folks are neglecting the console that it was originally released for and was exclusive to for several months. The Xbox One version also has exclusive Smartglass and Kinect features not found elsewhere. 5pb had even announced an English-translated XBO version of the game for Hong Kong/Taiwan, though this seems to have been quietly canceled.

I can understand you forgoing a physical release, but you really should be able to squeeze in a digital version for people like me who bought an Xbox One to play Psycho-Pass if it was ever made available in English, before any Playstation versions were announced. Because Microsoft was a sponsor of the anime, I assumed it would never be ported to any other system besides PC.
goldenslot
gclub

Return to “Feedback for NIS America”