Please release an update to fix your Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness mistranslations

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!
Yusa Mei
New Vassal
New Vassal

Please release an update to fix your Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness mistranslations

Postby Yusa Mei » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:36 am

I bought this game from the online store a few weeks ago and the translations mistakes were so bad I couldn't even get through half the game before I quit playing.For example, a line meaning "the right man for the right job" was translated as "right place at the right time."

There's also this gem from chapter two, "In other words,it's like what happened to me... A bit unexpected though." "Because we agree on the same target, do you think that means our methods we chose to deduce this outcome are similar?" The actual lines were actually something like this: "In other words, you agree with me.That's a bit unexpected.""As we have the same aim, it's natural for us to attain it through the same method." There's also a part where we get "quiet an achievement" instead of quite an achievement.

Could NISA please release an update to fix all the errors in the game? By the way, all the errors I mentioned besides the "right place at the right time" one was found in chapter 2. I'm not sure how many errors there are in total since I gave up at that point.
Last edited by Yusa Mei on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yusa Mei
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness translation mistakes

Postby Yusa Mei » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:09 am

I posted this a few weeks ago and the moderators haven't even so much as replied to this thread let alone release a patch. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get them to pay attention to this and fix the game?

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Please release an update to fix your Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness mistranslations

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:19 pm

While I can't speak for NISA, as I'm not an employee, I'm not sure that these translation "errors" are worth fixing. None of it seems to impacts enjoyability of the game nor does it cause the game to become unplayable.
PSN: YuriFan9999

Yusa Mei
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Please release an update to fix your Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness mistranslations

Postby Yusa Mei » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:10 pm

These are the mistakes I could find. If my Japanese was good enough to spot all the mistakes, I would have bought the Japanese version of the game. Also,without the original Japanese text to compare to, the only mistakes I could find are the ones with voice acting.

Anyways, while I am willing to overlook grammatical errors, I can't let the outright mistranslations slide. By the way, I hope you know that Psycho-Pass is a VN, so it being riddled with errors does in fact ruin enjoyment of the game. Another thing is that having things like "It's quiet an achievement" appear during serious conversations makes it hard to take the game seriously. If these issues didn't make the game unplayable for me, this thread wouldn't even exist.

Is it so wrong to ask that a game I spent $100USD on(including shipping) have a proper and professional translation? If NISA can't even do that, they should not have licensed the game in the first place. If they can't or won't fix the the errors, then they should allow the option to use the Japanese text like they did with Demon Gaze. At least that way, the game would be more playable for me.

P.S. Ever since that STD thing, I've been losing my trust in this company. If they don't fix this issue, they will have lost themselves a customer. It doesn't seem like they even care though.

Lapan
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lapan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:28 pm

Don't ever expect NISA to patch games, they don't even do that for actual bugs, much less translation errors

Return to “Feedback for NIS America”