Any chance for Ys VIII's PC version to also get a GOG release?

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!
Theswweet
New Vassal
New Vassal

Any chance for Ys VIII's PC version to also get a GOG release?

Postby Theswweet » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Although I'm still pretty surprised you guys picked it up - along with everyone else, apparently - I'm especially happy that you guys are publishing a PC version of the title. I imported Ys VIII when it came out on Vita last year in Japan, so it's great to see the title should have even more reach in the west now that it's coming to Steam. My only question about the PC port - besides the question of whether or not it'll have the PS4 version's extra content - is this; is there any chance, whatsoever, of it coming to GOG or other DRM-free platforms as well?

Normally I wouldn't make it a point to ask for this, unlike others I don't have anything in particular against Steam, but the reason I figured I'd bring this up is since literally every other PC Falcom game released in the west - by other companies, granted - have also seen releases on GOG in addition to Steam. Titles like Ys: Chronicles+, Ys: Oath in Felghana, Ys: Origin, Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim, Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure, all the Trails in the Sky games, and Xanadu Next are on GOG.

I know that some folks would love to be able to own their copies of the game all in the same place, and it seems obvious that Falcom themselves have no qualms with having their titles available for sale DRM-free. If that's against company policy on your end, that's fine, I just wanted to ask. Thanks again.

Professor Icepick
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Any chance for Ys VIII's PC version to also get a GOG release?

Postby Professor Icepick » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:31 pm

I'd also like to show my support for a GOG release. While I generally buy on Steam, more outlets is always a good thing, plus I'm considering double-dipping at some point.

Kugai
Peon
Peon

Postby Kugai » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:08 pm

Another vote from me for a release on GOG, I have all the other Ys games there too. :D

thelifeofapanca
Peon
Peon

Postby thelifeofapanca » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:56 am

Yet another vote for GOG! :)

mechmouse
Peon
Peon

Postby mechmouse » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:46 pm

I've just registered plus answered that ridiculous anti spam-bot question just to add my voice for continued GoG releases.

Return to “Feedback for NIS America”