Is NISA's budget for games less than it was 7 years ago In terms of dubs?

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!
Spaceshotx7
Geo Master
Geo Master

Is NISA's budget for games less than it was 7 years ago In terms of dubs?

Postby Spaceshotx7 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:15 pm

Hello,

I am wondering if NISA has a smaller budget than it did 7-10 years ago? For example, why is the sequel to Operation Abyss-New Tokyo legacy not getting a dub unlike the first game? Why is NISA not licensing and dubbing as many games as it did in the past?

Does the company have less money than before? Or are they reinvesting less money into the company and paying the executives more?

When the company first started, more dialogue was dubbed, then later, less and less English dialogue was dubbed in games. Now it seems they are leaning towards stopping dubs for the most part, and where there is no text to begin with, they add subtitles. I feel may companies are getting cheaper these days, reinvesting less in the company, and putting more profit towards the owners of the company.

Why is NISA not the same as it used to be 7-10 years ago?

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Is NISA's budget for games less than it was 7 years ago In terms of dubs?

Postby Daverost » Tue May 02, 2017 6:59 pm

I'm going to guess it's less. Could be because their golden age of PS2 releases is over, the number of failed releases on following consoles, losing partnerships with their most profitable third-party titles, or any and all of the above and then some.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Spaceshotx7
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Spaceshotx7 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:24 pm

So NISA is not as big and rich as it used to be?

It seems like now they will only dub mostly either Disgaea, Dangarompa, or large already established franchises these days.

Aren't the English voice actors having less game projects to do these days?

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Fri May 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Spaceshotx7 wrote:So NISA is not as big and rich as it used to be?

It seems like now they will only dub mostly either Disgaea, Dangarompa, or large already established franchises these days.

Aren't the English voice actors having less game projects to do these days?

Nah, we're fine. We've just become more discerning about the titles we choose to dub. It's a natural consequence of growing as much as we have over the years. As companies become more profitable and successful, they must also be more selective about how that profit is utilized so that it can foster even more growth, and so on. However, it also means that when we do dub a title, we have a lot more freedom to go all-out in terms of production value than we used to when we were a smaller company that dubbed nearly every game we published.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Spaceshotx7
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Spaceshotx7 » Sat May 06, 2017 9:43 am

Can you explain why the sequel to Operation Abyss didn't get a dub like its Predecessor did?

Spaceshotx7
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Spaceshotx7 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:16 pm

I am also concerned that less of the profit is spend on dubbing more titles, with most of the Profit going towards the executives so they can buy all this luxury stuff like Yachts, Mansions, private business jets, etc like the celeberties do. That is greed.

How come it seems like you now only dub the older established titles?

Discoceris
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Discoceris » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:10 am

Spaceshotx7 wrote:I am also concerned that less of the profit is spend on dubbing more titles, with most of the Profit going towards the executives so they can buy all this luxury stuff like Yachts, Mansions, private business jets, etc like the celeberties do. That is greed.

How come it seems like you now only dub the older established titles?

Wow, what is your problem? You seem to have a stick up your ass about how a company utilize their resources and how they commit that resource. Are you one of those unemployed college students lashing out at society due to personal failures? What's up?

Spaceshotx7
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Spaceshotx7 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:27 am

My concern is about greed. Are companies looking out of the interest of the customers, or are they being selfish?

Its just that the number of games dubbed by NISA has been reduced. They won't even dub any portion of some games (no partial dubs even).

sinsoleng
Vassal
Vassal

Postby sinsoleng » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:00 am

(*เย็ดสาว*)

Spaceshotx7
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Spaceshotx7 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:53 am

[quote="sinsoleng"]It seems like now they will only dub mostly either Disgaea, Dangarompa, or large already established franchises these days.

I seem to agree with you. Same with most other licensors. The only games ever getting dubbed these days are games from already established franchises that were all established before the release of the PlayStation 4. Since the PlayStation 4 came out, nearly all video franchises established then never get any kind of English dubs (not even partial dubs). I don't know what that is?

I just don't know what happened. Up until then, most video games from Japan got English dubs, but now that seems to be drastically reduced. I'm sure some small English dubbing studios in California have gone out of business or are dormant because of this. Not enough projects for California voice actors. For franchises established around the times the PS4 came out or later, no matter how popular the game is, or even the anime is, the video games will never get dubs.

Its all because companies have gotten cheaper and more stingy with their money, and are not willing to reinvest as much money into projects, with more of the money going to the executives. Or at least that is my opinion.

I don't envy or endorse many corporations (especially large conglomerates) due to their selfish, greedy, and Un-democratic way of operating. They only care about money. They don't work for the public (not even their customers or fans).

the_importer
Peon
Peon

Postby the_importer » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:40 pm

Funny how when someone ask why there's no Japanese audio, that half the people will call him a weeb, but when it's the other way around, no one starts name calling. Why the double standard? Is it because we don't have a name for this? About about xenophobic gamer or "xenogamer" for shorts?

Return to “Feedback for NIS America”