NISA Localizing Anime

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!
LastFootnote
Geo Master
Geo Master

NISA Localizing Anime

Postby LastFootnote » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:54 pm

http://nisamerica.com/nart/press/Anime% ... 100212.pdf

So, NISA has decided to localize anime. I'm cautiously optimistic. Check out the titles:

Toradora!
©YUYUKO TAKEMIYA / ASCII MEDIA WORKS / TORADORA PRODUCT COMMITTEE

PERSONA -trinity soul-
© ATLUS/PERSONA -trinity soul- Committee

PandoraHearts
© Jun Mochizuki / SQUARE ENIX, Pandora Project

Our Home’s Fox Deity
© Jin Shibamura / ASCII MEDIA WORKS / Oinarisama Partners

I guess I'm a little worried that they might be spending resources on this that could be used to localize games. I'll feel a lot better (or worse) once they announce their 2010 lineup. I'm really hoping to hear about La Pucelle, Prinny 2, Zettai Hero, and Classic Dungeon.

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby soundmonkey44 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:58 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME THESE WILL BE MULTILINGUAL! (as in Dbbed & Subbed!)

NISA I LOVE YOU!!!!!

PANDORA HEARTS PANDORA HEARTS!! YAAAAY!!! I'M SO HAPPY I COULD...I COULD EXPLPODE!!!! :D

*BOOM*
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:07 pm

soundmonkey44 wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME THESE WILL BE MULTILINGUAL! (as in Dbbed & Subbed!)

NISA I LOVE YOU!!!!!

PANDORA HEARTS PANDORA HEARTS!! YAAAAY!!! I'M SO HAPPY I COULD...I COULD EXPLPODE!!!! :D

*BOOM*

THIS. If they're dubbed and subbed, I'll order them now. RIGHT NOW. Even if they're not due until next year. I'm actually somewhat irritated at the idea that companies just take the R2 release DVDs and slap a subtitle track on it (sometimes almost the same sub track that's on the R2), and call it localized.

LastFootnote wrote:I guess I'm a little worried that they might be spending resources on this that could be used to localize games. I'll feel a lot better (or worse) once they announce their 2010 lineup. I'm really hoping to hear about La Pucelle, Prinny 2, Zettai Hero, and Classic Dungeon.

I somewhat agree, but I also see this as a way for NISA to flex their already established media creation resources. I mean, while its no longer common practice to edit the video of an anime during localizations (instead there's a sign translation sub track), it is still common practice to add a translation subtitle track and a good portion of the time some additional recording for voices... things that are already done with video games. Practice with one can make better output for the other. Additionally, this could also attract talent who want to use a position like this to springboard their careers. I'm intrigued about how this will turn out.

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Hopefully they will announce Manga soon as well...Hopefully that way we can get the rest of the Disgaea manga, artbooks, & hopefully the lightnovels...as well as the literature for other NISA titles. :D

But BOT: yes I am very happy...and I am sure that the Anime series, like alot of the games will have dub & sub tracks...I Swear I will Pre-order the Pandora Hearts DVD as soon as they hit RosenQueen! :D

LordGeo
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby LordGeo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Surprising to say the least. Hopefully these shows will be handled nicely. Hopefully NISA will make a new forum board for suggesting animes to license.

Anyway, let me start naming off an anime I would love to see NIS America license: Ring ni Kakero 1. It's a great shonen action title, but I'll just link to my video reviews that I did for the show to say the rest:
Season 1 (Part 1)
Season 1 (Part 2)
Season 2 (Part 1)
Season 2 (Part 2)
Pilot FIlm

I'd love to see this show brought over!

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:16 pm

10 bucks says they Get Michelle Ruff to Do Alice in Pandora Hearts! (I mean she does a good etna & rukia, so why not Alice!)

alsos I bet NISA will have good dubs...they Know Anime has hihger standerds then JRPG's, I am really looking foward to this!

LONG LIVE NISA!!! :D (My Favriote Overlords!)

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:19 pm

soundmonkey44 wrote:10 bucks says they Get Michelle Ruff to Do Alice in Pandora Hearts! (I mean she does a good etna & rukia, so why not Alice!)

alsos I bet NISA will have good dubs...they Know Anime has hihger standerds then JRPG's, I am really looking foward to this!

LONG LIVE NISA!!! :D (My Favriote Overlords!)

Wait, she does Rukia?? Man, my Bleach boxes are still in the shrinkwrap! So much stuff, so little time!

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

Elysion Zero
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Elysion Zero » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm

People still buy anime?

Anyway, this calls for an "Anime Requests" forum.
Lowering the price of the PS3 to $150 is like mass producing the Big Zam. It's the greatest idea that will never come to pass. OH SHI-!

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:24 pm

yes, Ruff does Rukia. I also Believe the girl who plays Evangiline in the Dub of Negima or the girl who played Rasbyrl fron D3 would make a good voice for Alice!

as for Anime requests...NISA SHOULD GET DR.SLUMP!!! Its just as Zany as disgaea, only older...but it was made by the same guy that did DBZ! :D

grgspunk
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby grgspunk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:00 pm

Anime titles? Well that was unexpected. I've been interested in Toradora for a while, but I've never gotten to watching the fansubs. I wonder how their release format will go? You know, are they going to be bilingual or sub-only, as well as whether they're going to release the DVDs as singles or sets?

I just hope they won't skimp on the subtitle translations and keep the liberties on the dub tracks to a minimum, though. At any rate, it's an interesting way of branching off, to say the least.

Elysion Zero
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Elysion Zero » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:06 pm

soundmonkey44 wrote:as for Anime requests...NISA SHOULD GET DR.SLUMP!!! Its just as Zany as disgaea, only older...but it was made by the same guy that did DBZ! :D

Akira Toriyama. He also did the character designs for Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger and Blue Dragon.
Lowering the price of the PS3 to $150 is like mass producing the Big Zam. It's the greatest idea that will never come to pass. OH SHI-!

bravesoul32
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby bravesoul32 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Thank you NIS it's always good to have a other player in the anime business.Just do a better job than funimation does because most of there encoding suck and keep them uncut and glitch free and do box set or parts if you can hope some one how work for NIS reads this and consider passing this along.

Elysion Zero
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Elysion Zero » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:18 pm

bravesoul32 wrote:Thank you NIS it's always good to have a other player in the anime business.Just do a better job than funimation does because most of there encoding suck and keep them uncut and glitch free and do box set or parts if you can hope some one how work for NIS reads this and consider passing this along.

I agree. Poor product quality is something NISA should definitely avoid in the future.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Solice wrote:If they're dubbed and subbed, I'll order them now. RIGHT NOW. Even if they're not due until next year. I'm actually somewhat irritated at the idea that companies just take the R2 release DVDs and slap a subtitle track on it (sometimes almost the same sub track that's on the R2), and call it localized.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. I do not support sub-only releases if I can help it, so I'd like to count NISA among the better licensing companies out there.

Don't fail me on Toradora, please. I beg of you.

On a related note, some speculation on GameFAQs (mostly on my part) is that it's possible this was done as a way to somewhat alleviate copyright issues for upcoming games (like Zettai Hero Modification Project, which features Taiga from Toradora).

Dear NISA,

License To Aru Majutsu no Index with a dub, please? D:
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

bravesoul32
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby bravesoul32 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:26 pm

There nothing bad with sub release only just don't have many mispelled words or mis translated words hope
NIS America is a reincarnate of Geneon in quality .

Return to “Feedback for NIS America”