NISA Localizing Anime

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!
soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby soundmonkey44 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:35 pm

lopez wrote:Hypothetically,

what happens if this venture flops? will it be a major drain on NISA?

A drain yes...a major drain...probably not, since NISA is not Mass producing these titles, I think they are aware of the possibility of a flop & thats why they are only selling their anime online and not in Brick N morter stores.

at the very worst, it'll just make them decide to not do anime again.

But if it does well, hopefully they will start acquiring 4 or so titles every year. (And hopefully expand to manga & light novels as well...so we can get the rest of the Disgaea publications as well as the toradara LN's...)
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:06 pm

So what your saying is that NISA will be successful with their anime stuff.... so much so that they'll start bringing over manga too.... wow :)

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:15 pm

lopez wrote:So what your saying is that NISA will be successful with their anime stuff.... so much so that they'll start bringing over manga too.... wow :)

I'm saying I hope they are succesful, and will eventually bring over Manga & light novels related to the properties they own, if they are not already avalible or unfinished.

I don't know what will happen, but I can HOPE for the Best!

noexcusepunk
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby noexcusepunk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:58 am

The only thing we can do is fortunately the best thing for them, and that is just be a consumer of their products. So, basically, buy the anime/manga as it comes out.
"<Kana> can't you see how manly it is to hug kids to your crotch!?"

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:06 am

Well I know I'll buy pandora hearts when it comes out, that is if i can remember. If it won't be sold in stores then I might miss it. So hopefully I will be around here when it comes out and can be reminded.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

noexcusepunk
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby noexcusepunk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:17 am

Pandora Hearts is definitely one of the ones I'll pick up as well. I remember that anime completely surprised me. Didn't think it was going to be as good as it was.
"<Kana> can't you see how manly it is to hug kids to your crotch!?"

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:51 pm

NISA will be on the NEXT ANNCast at animnewsnetwork, so I guess we will find out more info about the shows fairly soon! :D

LordGeo
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby LordGeo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Zac from Anime News Network revealed and interesting little tidbit before the new ANNCast is put up:
Interesting tidbit from that interview: apparently there was no competition for the Toradora license.

So the people whining that they 'stole' it from Funimation and they would've dubbed it blah blah blah are wrong.

I'm going to guess that, more than likely, all 4 of the shows NISA licensed had absolutely no competition whatsoever. If that's what NISA's focus will be on, shows that no one else is looking at, then I can hope even more for some licenses that really interest me, as pretty much all of the animes I would love to see brought over more than likely have no competition when it comes to licensing... Like Ring ni Kakero 1, which I already brought up.

bravesoul32
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby bravesoul32 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Just heared the Anime News Network podcast sad that i'll be limited print first hope fully when they get on there feet there be more and some sell in store .

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:07 pm

bravesoul32 wrote:Just heared the Anime News Network podcast sad that i'll be limited print first hope fully when they get on there feet there be more and some sell in store .

Yep...I will say I am dissapointed that their is no initial dub for these series, but they did say they might dub them eventually, also Glad they saved the Disgaea anime, I'll probably buy that.

I I really want Pandora hearts to have a dub...so I will most likely wait to buy PH until a dub version comes out. Please NISA, I mean its in a victorian setting! VICTORIAN! IT ONLY MAKES SINCE FOR THEM TO SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!

But I digrese..I will probably end up Buying PH anyway to support a Dub of it...but yea....I really hope all of these get dubs eventually!

Skyreno
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Skyreno » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:17 pm

As Much i love Dub and IM A DUB FAN ..lol But now i hear this going be sub im deeply sad, but that doesnt stop me on buying dvds . I Will support you guys all the way >> i just hope SOON you guys can afford to Dub anime title in future , Also Pandora Hearts With DUb WIll BE EPIC!!! ..Im sure everyone want dub on every anime dvd you guys released , but NOW you guys are new and really i think Fans are sad but happy at same time... I wish For Great future for NIS America and Plan For anime DVD's :) Ps. ( If you Dub it More Fans will come)
Last edited by Skyreno on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bravesoul32
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby bravesoul32 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Well im just happy that there subbing the anime give them time to settled in the anime industry.And hope that there video quality is good because thats what matter to me right now becuase there sub only right now and buying them from cd japan is expensive and there no sub plus there singles.

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:11 am

oh noes :( no dubs? That saddens me as well. I understand that this is a new venture for them and they don't want to spend too much and get over their heads until they can see that this will be profitable for them, but I am heavily conflicted. I want to support them because I think it's a good idea and would like to see more animes brought over, but subs are really hard for me to read because of my eyesight. Sure I like having them so I can listen to them in Japanese if I feel like it, which doesn't happen too often. But now idk if I want to get Pandora Hearts. It is an anime that highly interests me, but I just don't know if I can do it without the dubs. :(
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:00 am

You know, having listened to this from beginning to end, I just found them to be a little too honest in terms of what they said. Most of it seemed spot on and what I was expecting, until some fans just asked some questions that I felt went over the line.

Asking for Hentai? Really? Not an appropriate question in my book. And especially that last question..... come on. That was embarrassing. I really feel like the other guy was at a loss for words when he asked about the translation quality. Having an interview is one thing, but people citing the same things over events long past like that issue with AT2 are another entirely. I really felt like that was a disservice to the company.

I'm well aware of what they've done, and I'm sure they know, I don't need to hear more of the same crap.

RedCoKid
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RedCoKid » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:08 am

The question about the hardcoreness of NISA's fanbase struck me funny, and I see what they were getting at. I think the fanbase's irritability has increased over the years in correlation with more anime fans taking interest in NISA. :P

Response to quality was very well played IMO, and the question itself was worded tactfully.
Last edited by RedCoKid on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Feedback for NIS America”