NISA Localizing Anime

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!
LordGeo
New Vassal
New Vassal
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby LordGeo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:37 am

Clephas wrote:I mostly don't think it is a good idea because

Spoiler:
Kodomo no Jikan, to put it bluntly, touches on issues - primarily the existence of sexual awareness in young children (which most Americans don't want to admit exists at all) - that most people not only don't want to deal with, but don't want other people to deal with. Parents will object because their kids might get their hands on it, Christian groups will object because they always object when there is some new level of 'foreign depravity' on the production line, and anime fans will object because they are tired of being marginalized as perverts, weirdos, and degenerates.


All I'll say about Kodomo no Jikan is that it would be a tough title to handle, as to release it with little to no trouble would require NISA to pretty much release with little to no fanfare and probably not even announce that they licensed it until probably about a week or two before it's released. The title has just gotten way too much of a bad rep over here after the whole fiasco Seven Seas had when they tried to release the manga over here... Though the original creator insisting on using the horridly provocative name "Nymphet" didn't help either. I personally haven't read or watched Kodomo no Jikan, so I won't put anything else into this thing, but let's try to not turn this topic into a KnJ argument thread and instead get back to the main focus: NISA getting into the anime industry and probablty suggesting a title for them to license every now and then until NISA fianlly makes an actual suggestion board for anime.

At least the whole Kodomo no Jikan suggestion makes my suggestion of licensing Ring ni Kakero 1 from the start of the thread look completely normal... The only real "controversial" thing Ring ni Kakero 1 has is the use of utterly silly national stereotypes, but anyone who ever saw G Gundam can see that it's nothing really bad.

User avatar
noexcusepunk
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:32 am
Location: Houston, Tx
Contact:

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby noexcusepunk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:26 am

Yea sure, and while we're at it, let's have them bring over seikon no qwaser.
Cause, you know, THAT's not that bad, *sarcasm*
"<Kana> can't you see how manly it is to hug kids to your crotch!?"
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2601
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Tomoeda

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby odinfan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:38 am

If you guys really want to talk about controversial anime, we can start another topic, let's leave this one for the issue at hand.

User avatar
soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1104
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:49 pm
Location: The Netherverse
Contact:

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby soundmonkey44 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:09 am

I agree odin....also love how punk uses quesar in a sarcastic way!

also I disagree with the way claphis has worded his post, but again....not gonna argue over things online they're is no point in it.


but yea..>NISA SHOULD BRING OVER GOOD ANIME! NOT SHOWS WITH POINTLESS INNUENDO OR "CONTRIVERAL ISSUES" Just becasue thats what some of the "Niche" crowd thinks is "Cool"


thank you....that is all.
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

User avatar
odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2601
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Tomoeda

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby odinfan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:12 am

No, he's actually not wrong with that sort of thinking, at least in America, I can't talk about other territories, though I believe it's the same regardless.

User avatar
soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1104
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:49 pm
Location: The Netherverse
Contact:

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby soundmonkey44 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:40 am

odinfan wrote:No, he's actually not wrong with that sort of thinking, at least in America, I can't talk about other territories, though I believe it's the same regardless.



........Yes....yes he is, but then again maybe i just take offense, Since I myself am catholic....but yeah,I have a few agnostic friends that hate those kinds of anime as well...... :evil:

I myself am a very openminded person, yes I am against certian types of anime, but thats because of my goody 2-shoes nature & my belief that women & men are equal....and that animation is an artform. and should remain pure. (now note I have no problem wiht nudity in animtion, just pointless sexual innuendo & "Controversal" content just for the sake of being controversal are what pevve me.)


But yea, again, not going to argue, this is the internet & everyone is entitled to their own openion.
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

User avatar
odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2601
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Tomoeda

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby odinfan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:44 am

Yes, but anime as an art form has already been tainted way back even before you may have realized. As such, you cannot consider it pure.

User avatar
magusgs
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:36 am

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby magusgs » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:59 am

odinfan wrote:(To grgspunk) I'm pretty sure at least half of the people on these boards have played and seen what you have.

Haha, um, no.

If they brought over KnJ, I'd support it.
Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on visual novels
Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

User avatar
odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2601
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Tomoeda

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby odinfan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:01 am

You're underestimating some of them.... seriously. Don't tread on it.

User avatar
kingruler9999
Majin
Majin
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Somewhere in the shadows, killing for Priere

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby kingruler9999 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:43 am

I personally think that there is good and bad things with nis bringing over anime

Good: They could attract anime watchers who don't know of there companies existance (I know big anime watchers who know nothing about NIS), some people who like them for there games will love them even more for there anime (My friend loves them now) , they could (very small chance) use the anime characters in there game (I wouldn't count on it though) i do like imaging though the main character in toradora in disgaea

Bad: However as with ever action there can be good and bad consequences, they could fray away from there games for more anime(I wouldn't like that), they could be putting money into something that may not work which could happen,some fans could dislike them more if they produce bad anime

these are my opinons, i always think of the good and bad consequences of things

As for anime i would like to see localized myself(a big otaku) i would like to see Rosario + Vampire or Tu Love Ru, and the whole dub vs sub thing i really don't care i like to read and also hear animes in dub
Image
Disgaea Kunoichi Fanatic

User avatar
magusgs
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:36 am

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby magusgs » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:02 pm

odinfan wrote:(To grgspunk) I'm pretty sure at least half of the people on these boards have played and seen what you have.

You're suggesting that half the users here are hardcore eroge players (which he and I both are). I find that assumption rather ridiculous.

Consider the gradations of ecchi in gaming (you did say play after all):
light fanservice (Ar Tonelico) < heavy fanservice (Kodomo no Jikan) < light 18+ visual novel (Kana) < ero-focused visual novel (Sengoku Rance) < fetish-focused visual novel (Hitomi: My Stepsister) < revolting fetish-focused visual novel (?!)

Most people here probably fall in the light fanservice category, if that. I'd place you in the light 18+ visual novel category (correct me if I'm wrong). There's still 3 categories above that. :P

Anyway...the point of this silly posturing is that Americans in general are pretty sensitive regarding sexual material in gaming. They offend easily. People like me and grgspunk...don't. We're tolerant of such things, even if they don't appeal to us, because we draw very strict boundaries between what is real, and what is fictional--something even the Supreme Court has failed to do thus far.
Last edited by magusgs on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on visual novels
Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

User avatar
kingruler9999
Majin
Majin
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Somewhere in the shadows, killing for Priere

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby kingruler9999 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:19 pm

magusgs wrote:
odinfan wrote:(To grgspunk) I'm pretty sure at least half of the people on these boards have played and seen what you have.

You're suggesting that half the users here are hardcore eroge players (which he and I both are). I find that assumption rather ridiculous.

Consider the gradations of ecchi in gaming (you did say play after all):
light fanservice (Ar Tonelico) < heavy fanservice (Kodomo no Jikan) < light 18+ visual novel (Kana) < ero-focused visual novel (Sengoku Rance) < fetish-focused visual novel (Hitomi: My Stepsister) < revolting fetish-focused visual novel (?!)

Most people here probably fall in the light fanservice category, if that. I'd place you in the light 18+ visual novel category (correct me if I'm wrong). There's still 3 categories above that. :P

Anyway...the point of this silly posturing is that Americans in general are pretty sensitive regarding sexual material in gaming. They offend easily. People like me and grgspunk...don't. We're tolerant of such things, even if they don't appeal to us, because we draw very strict boundaries between what is real, and what is fictional.

I agree with you I'm not offended by that kind of thing either as for ecchi games I really haven't played any but i do watch the animes
Image
Disgaea Kunoichi Fanatic

User avatar
noexcusepunk
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:32 am
Location: Houston, Tx
Contact:

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby noexcusepunk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:19 pm

magusgs wrote:Anyway...the point of this silly posturing is that Americans in general are pretty sensitive regarding sexual material in gaming. They offend easily. People like me and grgspunk...don't.

And I find all of it rather amusing. Hentai in general is rather comedic in my opinion, and when found in a game... Well, lets just say an Illusion game usually gives me quite a few laughs in general.

I'm sure others view it in an entirely different light, but my enjoyment from those kind of games seems to not be what was intended.
"<Kana> can't you see how manly it is to hug kids to your crotch!?"
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1104
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:49 pm
Location: The Netherverse
Contact:

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby soundmonkey44 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:00 pm

I agree hentai is amusing...oh don't get me wrong, I can see why anime characters are considered attractive, cause ficitonal characters in general are meant to perpetuate our dreams & fantasies...but looking at heavily erotic/explicit picutres of fictional characters does seem rather silly and somewhat sad to me...I mean, i myself have a few anime gals I find attracticve, but I would never sink low enough to look at hentai of them...I mean C'mon...yeah they are attractive, but they are not real...it doesn't matter how many times you pleasure yourself from their image, it ain't gonna make em real......I find it healthier just to idolize these characters rahter then lustfully obsess over them. But thats just me. :lol:


as for the person who suggested to love ru...sentai filmworks already brought that over subbed....I saw a copy at a FYE the other day, while I was browising their anime section.

also Rosario+Vampire I somewhat agree with...I think the manga is ALOT better, since it actually has balance between story, action, comedy ,romance, fanservice, etc....But I am curious as to how the characters would sound in english so if NISA Brought it over I would probably get he 1st season..witch was tollerable to watch...but personally I hate capu2 it was just another genaric ecchi jugfest...aside from the peppy opening, nothin about the 2nd season of rosario is any good...thats why i stick to the manga for that seires...alot better,alot more character development, actual story..and balance..yeah thats one series where the Manga PWNS the Anime hard! :D IMPO that is. :ugeek:
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

User avatar
shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 6153
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: NISA Localizing Anime

Postby shymel94 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:08 pm

I would think Viz would bring the R+V anime since they do the manga...
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel


Return to “Feedback for NIS America”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests