More non artist based contests!

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!

Do you want more variety in the NISA contests

Yes (more contests like SW Comic Contest)
55%
No (artistry based contests are fine)
14%
Doesn't Matter (either is fine)
18%
I don't care (don't enter or can't enter contests)
14%

Total votes: 22

noexcusepunk
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: More non artist based contests!

Postby noexcusepunk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:32 pm

1) Well, Music Videos for one. Come on, you know I would suggest it!
2) I hesitate to say it due to horrible track records on other forums (because though I've never done one I've seen the horrors that those have come up with) but Fan-Fiction Short-Stories would be interesting, if done well.
3) Trivia Contests would be fun, based on games localized by NISA or just plain NIS trivia in general.
4) Wheel of Fortune/Crossword Puzzle Flash or Browser game that we can play for "fabulous" prizes?
5) Something that entails me getting a Prinny Bean Bag Chair!!!!

That's all I can rack my brain for for now!
"<Kana> can't you see how manly it is to hug kids to your crotch!?"

Clephas
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Clephas » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:12 pm

I would second the fan-fiction motion, but in actuality, that's still an artist-based contest. Also, music video making requires a degree of technical knowledge that makes things a bit unfair on the average person.

1- How about a Character Design contest? Not one where an artist draws them of course, but where one details a character's personality, quirks, history and abilities in detail. It would have to be a character that fits into the weird universe NIS has created, but other than that, no real restrictions. When all of them have been submitted, just do a drawing, and the one that wins gets a prize of some sort.

2- A Netherworld Design contest- similar to the Character Design contest, but with a description of cultural quirks, the Netherworld's history, and the nature of its inhabitants instead. Same rules, other than that.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:50 pm

Most of the games have unique styles to them, so it's hard to make a contest "universal" for all games other than an artistry based one.

On that note, I have a few game specific non hand/computer art based contests for future games:

Side note: To help with deciding winners, submissions could be fan reviewed like the SW art contest.

Atelier Rorona:

"Create your own Alchemy Recipe"

- Points would go toward originality, humor, effect, purpose, complexity, name, etc...

Ar tonelico 3:

"Create your own hymnos lyrics"

-This would revolve around creating a reyvatail song that involves anything from previous games to certain emotions, topics, issues, feelings, etc... basically it would be like making a poem ;)
You could also create accompanying music too (if your musically inclined), though it would be slightly harder to post and review

Disgaea 4:

"Create your own overlord"

- This would involve creating your own overlord and story chronicling their rise to power as an overlord. Again, points go to originality, humor and awesomeness :mrgreen:

I could give examples of each if people are interested for clarification purposes :)

PerryComo
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby PerryComo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:12 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “Feedback for NIS America”