A problem regarding the subtitles

Up and away! Official The Princess and the Pilot discussion forum.
Mishukax
Peon
Peon

A problem regarding the subtitles

Postby Mishukax » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:27 pm

The subtitles are not working at all on the release I have just received -- and that is an interesting fact considering this movie has non-removable subtitles. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.
Other NISA releases are working fine on my player.

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Re: A problem regarding the subtitles

Postby St0ck » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Nope, they worked just fine for me on multiple BD players.

What player are you using?

Mishukax
Peon
Peon

Postby Mishukax » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm sorry for the late reply. I am using a Panasonic SA-BT330 Blu-ray player. Subtitles are still not working to this date.

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Hmm, I've heard of no other people having the issue so it's not an authoring issue, and a quick search on the BD player doesn't bring up any known issues playing subtitles...

Unfortunately BD players vary a lot so it's a possibility that this is just a weird glitch that sprung up because the Panasonic decided to get weird over a few lines of code, the annoying part is unless the disk was re-authored every one would have the same issue. There is a slight possibility that your disk is slightly scratched or had a manufacturing error, but since it seems like it's playing fine just without the subtitles, this is extremely unlikely...

I wish I had better news but since this seems to be a very localized issue there's not much that can be done, I'd still email NISA for an official response but you may need to hold out until you get a new BD player.

Return to “The Princess and the Pilot”