my hype for this game died.

Spend some time here chatting about Time and Eternity
epikkhighh
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

my hype for this game died.

Postby epikkhighh » Sun May 05, 2013 11:49 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/05/dr ... reenshots/

first reason/rant: is it that rare to see a regular plain lovey dovey relationship in a game? i mean, theres always something wrong with one of the people. in toki towa, TaE, the main protag is "cocky."

2nd reason/rant: could the reason be that NISA licensed the game is because the player your playing as is a female character? i mean cmon, quite a few of NISA games have female characters as the main play able character, and what im about to say right now will sound so sexist (though i dont intend it to) but usually female main characters are...weak. im a bit tired of playing anime games where the main play able character is weak.

but yeah,as of now my hype for the game died.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: my hype for this game died.

Postby Rednal » Mon May 06, 2013 7:24 am

:lol: That's... not really a good representation of what's going on in the game.

First of all, I think the protagonist really is interested in his wife. Er, wives. Whichever. The point is, he's not really supposed to be too bland, but actually to be interested and involved with what's going on. That's much more fun than a romance that's too blah.

Secondly, I don't think I'd call Toki and Towa weak. Considering they're the ones you're playing throughout the game, and

Spoiler:
even at the beginning of the game, Towa beats down a group of professional assassins with her bare hands.

So... weak? No. In fact, the girls are probably stronger than the Prince, who's really just a Point of View character. They may have a different relationship dynamic than most people do (again... Prince? Toki and Towa? Married, or at least going to be as soon as they're done with the darn ceremony), and I think you might be surprised with how well things go through the actual game. :lol: Seriously, don't give up just because of a couple of off-hand comments from a secondary news source.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon May 06, 2013 7:28 am

Not to mention saying female characters are "weak" is a little misleading, they are often weak characters far too often, but that is the writing's fault.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:51 am

I'm more concerned about the font.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon May 06, 2013 7:57 am

shymel94 wrote:I'm more concerned about the font.

That is indeed not SD-friendly font.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon May 06, 2013 8:21 am

Ahahaha... ^^; Yeah, that's true. I'm not sure how easy reprogramming that would be, though...

OverlordG
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby OverlordG » Mon May 06, 2013 9:01 am

This post has taught me one thing. Even non-triple A titles aren't safe from pre-release skepticism. The game has yet to come out and even before the Japanese version of the game came out last year, all I've been reading (mostly) was skepticism from the English speaking audience.

I got over the whole Toki and Towa fighting for a horny dude thing (eventually), so why can't others? In fact, it's also refreshing to see a woman fighting to save a guy for once rather than the formulaic damsel in distress scenario that is now plaguing the indie game developing scene. Heck, even some Triple A titles cannot stray away from this formula.
Blog: http://yurination.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @YuriAmbassador

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Mon May 06, 2013 9:46 am

I can't really say anything about your first comment. His personality is what it is, and he does act like a fairly straightforward young person, cocky and...overenthusiastic.

For your second comment, I'm not sure if you're worried that the girls are physically weak in terms of the gameplay/setting, or that they're weak as in poorly written/fleshed out. If it's the first, I can guarantee you that they're not - they kick plenty of ass. If it's the second, well...I think they're pretty good compared to other games, but sometimes that just comes down to taste.

epikkhighh
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby epikkhighh » Mon May 06, 2013 11:02 pm

Rednal wrote::That's much more fun than a romance that's too blah.

so you thought ar tonelico qoga was blah? i thought the romance between the main protag and saki was pretty normal. of course there was the typical "harem" but i still thought it was pretty normal

Ringwraith wrote:Not to mention saying female characters are "weak" is a little misleading, they are often weak characters far too often, but that is the writing's fault.

you just said oftenly. "but usually female main characters are...weak." isnt that what i just said? usually?

OverlordG wrote:This post has taught me one thing. Even non-triple A titles aren't safe from pre-release skepticism. The game has yet to come out and even before the Japanese version of the game came out last year, all I've been reading (mostly) was skepticism from the English speaking audience.

I got over the whole Toki and Towa fighting for a horny dude thing (eventually), so why can't others? In fact, it's also refreshing to see a woman fighting to save a guy for once rather than the formulaic damsel in distress scenario that is now plaguing the indie game developing scene. Heck, even some Triple A titles cannot stray away from this formula.

to each their own i guess.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue May 07, 2013 7:48 am

He's horny for his wife. That's, y'know, a compliment. :? Better than not being interested in her at all, right? I mean, this isn't "trying to get the girl", this is "already got the girl".

The relationship with Saki WAS pretty blah. She was the least interesting of every heroine in the entire series. And I say that as someone who absolutely loved the entire series and really hopes they'll return for more someday. We still haven't gotten to play with Frelia, after all...

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:30 am

Rednal wrote:He's horny for his wife. That's, y'know, a compliment. :? Better than not being interested in her at all, right? I mean, this isn't "trying to get the girl", this is "already got the girl".

The relationship with Saki WAS pretty blah. She was the least interesting of every heroine in the entire series. And I say that as someone who absolutely loved the entire series and really hopes they'll return for more someday. We still haven't gotten to play with Frelia, after all...

Doesn't sound like he has too many redeeming features as a husband if he only interested in having sex with her : / .

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue May 07, 2013 8:37 am

You mean besides the courage, coolness, anger (at enemies), and sense of humor he displays throughout the story? *Blinks* It's not like he's ONLY horny or anything. That's just what people tend to latch their focus onto, since it's easy to see the ecchi CGs, and most of the other stuff isn't really seen until you actually play through the game.

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:51 am

SaturnineTenshi wrote:
Houk wrote:His personality is what it is, and he does act like a fairly straightforward young person, cocky and...overenthusiastic.

Houk just described a large chunk of shounen twats, so I hope you guys don't like other shounen main characters. :lol:

Also, while I'm not sure how I feel about the game, I'm with Rednal on this one. Something is seriously wrong when people would think to censure a husband interested in fucking his wife. Nothing unhealthy about that, or having a strong sex drive.

I think you're misunderstanding my position as I'm not saying that a husband wanting to get it on with his wife is a bad thing. I'm just saying he doesn't seem like a good character if he is only interested in the sex aspect of a relationship.

epikkhighh
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby epikkhighh » Tue May 07, 2013 10:15 am

Rednal wrote:He's horny for his wife. That's, y'know, a compliment. :? Better than not being interested in her at all, right? I mean, this isn't "trying to get the girl", this is "already got the girl".

to each their own.

Rednal wrote:You mean besides the courage, coolness, anger (at enemies), and sense of humor he displays throughout the story? *Blinks* It's not like he's ONLY horny or anything. That's just what people tend to latch their focus onto, since it's easy to see the ecchi CGs, and most of the other stuff isn't really seen until you actually play through the game.

eh, guess you could call me a picky person, but one dis appealing nature = dis like from me

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:05 am

This might sound odd, but wouldn't it be better to judge the guy after progressing through the game? I'm almost positive that there would be some sort of character development throughout the game which would give a better idea of what the prince is like. I find it near impossible for him to always be like how the screenshot gave an example of, but I will admit I can see how that's not exactly the best first impression (although I personally see nothing wrong with it).

Return to “Time and Eternity”