The Guided Fate Paradox Official JSFPS Thread

Official The Guided Fate Paradox discussion forum
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

The Guided Fate Paradox Official JSFPS Thread

Postby Darcnova » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:41 pm

Wordy for sure, but this is tradition, wanted to make it ASAP to get the fun going. Like with the Mugen Souls one, and ones before that, it's pretty much just a discussion that may, or may not go off topic.

Sig Bars (If someone is willing to make them, lemme know)

Claimed Characters -

Lanael Shiratori - suttonmitchell
Liliel Saotome - Wdog-999
Renya Kagurazaka - Darcnova
Neliel Tojo - Rednal
Kuroiel - will57
Rekiel -
Galtion -
Satanael - Blackchaosdragon
Varael -
Frunetti -
Minamo -
Mysiel -

I'll edit the entire list on later, just did this quickly :lol: the character claiming is just for fun, two people can claim the same character, as long as you ask the initial claimer if they are fine with it
Last edited by Darcnova on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sultan Sigma
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: The Guided Fate Paradox Official JSFPS Thread

Postby Sultan Sigma » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 pm

I might be able to do the sig bars. Glad you made the thread already. :)
Last edited by Sultan Sigma on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:51 pm

suttonmitchell wrote:I might be able to do the sit bars. Glad you made the thread already. :)

Awesome, lemme know if you do.

Yeah, I wanted to get it up ASAP, since it made the wait much more bearable for Mugen Souls, which was the first one that I took part in :lol:

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Alright so if Mugen Souls was any indication we wait for them to censor loli's and then have major discussions. I'm in! I'm kidding. I don't think anything in this games getting censored.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:57 pm

neonie wrote:Alright so if Mugen Souls was any indication we wait for them to censor loli's and then have major discussions. I'm in! I'm kidding. I don't think anything in this games getting censored.

:lol: obviously we'll be discussing names being changed by a single letter! (if you weren't around for Disgaea 4 or Mana Khemia 2, you probably won't get it)

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:58 pm

Darcnova wrote:
neonie wrote:Alright so if Mugen Souls was any indication we wait for them to censor loli's and then have major discussions. I'm in! I'm kidding. I don't think anything in this games getting censored.

:lol: obviously we'll be discussing names being changed by a single letter! (if you weren't around for Disgaea 4 or Mana Khemia 2, you probably won't get it)

STD got it.

Spoiler:

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:00 pm

neonie wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

STD got it.

Nah, even that one had me going...I'm talking Fuuka -> Fuka and Rozeluxe -> Razeluxe (spelling on both is most likely wrong), and in turn, Roze -> Raze :lol:

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Darcnova wrote:
Nah, even that one had me going...I'm talking Fuuka -> Fuka and Rozeluxe -> Razeluxe (spelling on both is most likely wrong), and in turn, Roze -> Raze :lol:

Gotta admit. Those are some preeeeeeeetty dumb changes. But actually explains why they the title of this game is messed up. I think I will just ultimately accept NISA can't correctly translate names to save their life :P

Spoiler:

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:06 pm

neonie wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Gotta admit. Those are some preeeeeeeetty dumb changes. But actually explains why they the title of this game is messed up. I think I will just ultimately accept NISA can't correctly translate names to save their life :P

Well remember that they localize, they don't translate literally, so there will always be differences..Estee Dee was just a terrible localization choice though, even I'll admit that...it was even worse than including memes in Trinity Universe :lol:

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Between then trying to "localize" a u off of Fuuka's name them just being to dumb to localize her name, I feel like I would rather just believe they were to dumb. It keeps me from throwing my monitor across my room at the sheer idiocy of it.

Spoiler:

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:11 pm

neonie wrote:Between then trying to "localize" a u off of Fuuka's name them just being to dumb to localize her name, I feel like I would rather just believe they were to dumb. It keeps me from throwing my monitor across my room at the sheer idiocy of it.

I think they could have fixed it by simply using the mark, to keep it at the obvious 'oo' sound...but yeah, they could have done worse, even if it makes it easy to mispronounce her name as something bad :P

I'm actually interested in seeing how much they modify the names for this cast, seeing as Red fixed them up pretty well, and Mugen Souls didn't have many spelling changes at all.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:13 pm

I actually wouldn't blame them for localizing the names in this one. There are so. Many. Sylableeeeeeeees.

Spoiler:

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:18 pm

neonie wrote:I actually wouldn't blame them for localizing the names in this one. There are so. Many. Sylableeeeeeeees.

Renya, Liliel, and Neliel probably have the easiest to pronounce names :lol:

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Darcnova wrote:
neonie wrote:I actually wouldn't blame them for localizing the names in this one. There are so. Many. Sylableeeeeeeees.

Maybe they're easier to pronounce after you hear them. Also I don't think they change them -to- much since at some point the Japanese track would just altogether stop making sense with their English translation of the dialogue. Zam!

Spoiler:

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 pm

neonie wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Maybe they're easier to pronounce after you hear them. Also I don't think they change them -to- much since at some point the Japanese track would just altogether stop making sense with their English translation of the dialogue. Zam!

I know a lot of people who liked the 'Zam' translation for 'De gozaru' :lol:

But yeah, I doubt that they will changed much, heck, Red's translations might be very close this time.

Well Renya and Kagurazaka are the easiest for me, since Renya is said how it's spelled, and Kagurazaka is from me watching/reading Negima :P

Return to “The Guided Fate Paradox”