The Guided Fate Paradox Official JSFPS Thread

Official The Guided Fate Paradox discussion forum
Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: The Guided Fate Paradox Official JSFPS Thread

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Just made it past the first cutscene and I personally can't stand the dub to the point where I actually restarted the opening towards the beginning just to switch to Japanese.

OP song still kicks ass, though.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

bldudas
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby bldudas » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:32 pm

This might sound weird, or stupid, but is there a way to save the settings? I have to go into settings every time I start the game up to get them the way I want.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:47 pm

bldudas wrote:This might sound weird, or stupid, but is there a way to save the settings? I have to go into settings every time I start the game up to get them the way I want.

Really? I'm pretty sure they should stay the way they're set. When you say settings does this even include the language option? I haven't changed anything else other than that once I started the game, so I wouldn't know whether or not other setting changes stay saved.

EDIT:Recently reached chapter 5. Chapter 4 was surprisingly difficult at the end, and I think what made it a lot easier was thanks to a shotgun that I managed to find while running through chapter 4's dungeon (seriously, that thing packs a punch and has a decent range) :lol: .

bldudas
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby bldudas » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:59 am

will57 wrote:
bldudas wrote:This might sound weird, or stupid, but is there a way to save the settings? I have to go into settings every time I start the game up to get them the way I want.

Really? I'm pretty sure they should stay the way they're set. When you say settings does this even include the language option? I haven't changed anything else other than that once I started the game, so I wouldn't know whether or not other setting changes stay saved.

EDIT:Recently reached chapter 5. Chapter 4 was surprisingly difficult at the end, and I think what made it a lot easier was thanks to a shotgun that I managed to find while running through chapter 4's dungeon (seriously, that thing packs a punch and has a decent range) :lol: .

Yes, it includes the language and some other options. Nothing comes up to confirm the settings or anything. I have to back out of the settings every time.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:46 am

That sounds odd. The only thing I can think of is trying to change the setting within the main menu instead of the sub menu (use the title screen config instead of the in-game config). I didn't touch the settings at all while I was in game (as far as I can remember), I immediately changed the language before I even started the game and it's stayed just as it should.
I doubt this might be an issue, but if it's a digital copy you could always try re-installing (like I said, I doubt that's the issue though).

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:34 pm

Man the first boss fight was really hard, died twice. but I was happy they let me keep the EXP :D

bldudas
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby bldudas » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:41 pm

will57 wrote:That sounds odd. The only thing I can think of is trying to change the setting within the main menu instead of the sub menu (use the title screen config instead of the in-game config). I didn't touch the settings at all while I was in game (as far as I can remember), I immediately changed the language before I even started the game and it's stayed just as it should.
I doubt this might be an issue, but if it's a digital copy you could always try re-installing (like I said, I doubt that's the issue though).

I changed the settings on the main menu. And it's a disk copy. I don't know what's wrong. It must be me or something.

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:49 pm

darkrchaos wrote:Man the first boss fight was really hard, died twice. but I was happy they let me keep the EXP :D

There's a reason that you see sleep orbs nearby when you start the fight.
Spoiler:

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:52 pm

But as soon as attack them they wake up... but it did help against fighting the small guys as the big one slept

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:54 pm

If you need to use tricks, you aren't strong enough! XD *Totally uses brute force*

That aside, a tip for everyone: Check the shop in the Martial Arts dungeon every ten floors. You can find some nice Holy Artifacts there.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:41 pm

On Ch 2 and feel like the game is unbalanced, I got through the whole area without taking damage. Killed bad guys in one hit and even when they did attack it always missed. Then these ghost dudes come and do 50 damage per attack to me.... (Not the boss by the way)

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:24 am

darkrchaos wrote:On Ch 2 and feel like the game is unbalanced, I got through the whole area without taking damage. Killed bad guys in one hit and even when they did attack it always missed. Then these ghost dudes come and do 50 damage per attack to me.... (Not the boss by the way)

This is just a guess, but do you check you're level for the floor before you go straight to the next one (not the total level)?
When I was on Chapter 5, and I found level 25-30 enemies on the third floor, i'm positive that I would have died if it wasn't for me being able to somehow avoid them/stay out of range while killing them when I was only around level 12 or 15. Luckily they didn't get any stronger than that, and there were only two or three of them around that level for each floor.

As for the shop at the caravans in Martial Arts dungeon, I wish I knew about those before. I ran 1-10 around 4-5 times yesterday. Planning to try to go from 1-50 on Beginner before I retry Chapter 6.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:48 am

I must admit, I'm rather enjoying this Double Attack artifact. o wo

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:07 am

Finally reached chapter 7. I decided against going further than floor 10 in the Martial Arts dungeon until I increase my inventory size (although i'm not too sure how i'll do that). I pretty much refuse to drop anything new that I find :lol: .

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:40 am

There are some Capacity Up artifacts you can use. ^^ I don't think you need to get too attached to your equipment, though - save what you want through Divine Summon, and feel free to sell the rest once you've burst it - you'll get money that can be spent on upgrades and artifacts. And, of course, you can just put one copy of everything in storage...

Return to “The Guided Fate Paradox”