Female Laharl

The Official Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Discussion Board
SiftRock
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Female Laharl

Postby SiftRock » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:16 am

Wow.

That voice acting is awful. Like truly astonishingly bad. If it wasn't for the fact that Japanese Flonne annoys me I'd switch away from English voices in a heart beat.

After being forced to wait over a year or so I kind of expected a little quality from the NA version christ. Cropped openings, Laharl's HP bug and now this.

bonito
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Female Laharl

Postby bonito » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:13 am

I do like the english voices .. no problem for me.
And my Laharl is back to normal .. so it does not matter how he sound "in-between" ;)
Nin Nin Nin

SiftRock
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby SiftRock » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:04 am

bonito wrote:I do like the english voices .. no problem for me.
And my Laharl is back to normal .. so it does not matter how he sound "in-between" ;)

It just sounded so rough and gravely for some reason. Like she was a chain smoker or even a prinny. I'm thankful it's over but it just begs to question why did they think that was even a remotely okay choice for a VA?

Like... even my friends who are more tolerant then I am to this kind of thing are complaining about it. It doesn't have to be a "cute" or "kawaii" or whatever voice, just one that sounds like it actually FITS.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:59 am

IDK... I'm not saying I did think it was weird sounding to say the least, but Laharl's normal voice makes me want to strangle him >.>
I never liked his annoying narcissistic voice tbh

I actually prefer him in his female form. Just an opinion.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

scorptatious
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby scorptatious » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:49 am

I don't mind it personally.

In fact, I don't seem to mind too much that Laharl is a girl now. :P

Kato
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Kato » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:00 pm

I found Female Laharl's voice = Male Laharl's voice. They both have that "special touch" to it and are not too bad at all.
"Nice to meet you. I'm an assassin! Whoops... I wasn't supposed to say that ><."

Shadow of Death
Majin
Majin

Postby Shadow of Death » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:00 am

I like the Female English voice more than the Male one. TBH, most of the English cast seems pretty annoying sounding, no offense to the voice actors/actresses.

Haven't tried the JP voice work yet (I usually do it first, but because I'm doing a let's play, I decided against it).
|- Etna Fanboy | Disgaea Fanatic |- Dood -| Anime Fan| Prinny 'Sploder -|
|-| Join the Unofficial NISAmerica Steam Group |-|
/ | | \ Support Disgaea Mousepads Proposal / | | \

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:08 am

I love the female Laharl voice. But i always play with japanese voices, still the best for anything Japan related.

By the way, i got the european copy on release day, had only 1 bug at the end of the credits after the normal ending (music just kept playing and no postgame prompt came up). Im using Fire mostly and doing all those things that others report for causing a bug. Dont even had the Laharl 1 hp bug... .
Dont know what you guys are doing with your game :P.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

nroejb
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby nroejb » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:24 am

Chamaeleonx wrote:I love the female Laharl voice. But i always play with japanese voices, still the best for anything Japan related.

By the way, i got the european copy on release day, had only 1 bug at the end of the credits after the normal ending (music just kept playing and no postgame prompt came up). Im using Fire mostly and doing all those things that others report for causing a bug. Dont even had the Laharl 1 hp bug... .
Dont know what you guys are doing with your game :P.

I can top that, European version, release day, no bug.
On the Other hand Disgaea 4 crashes all the time...

Edit:
Oh yeah, don't know Laharls Female voice in english, but in Japanese it's okay, though I prefer the male on.

Yamasura
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Yamasura » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:59 pm

I didn't mind it too much, i thought it was actually pretty funny seeing Laharl as a girl.

Meepit
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Meepit » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:26 am

I don't know why they even changed voice actors. Female Laharl sounds too mature. It's counter-intuitive to his character. That's really the only thing I didn't like.
PSN: MeepitVader

Benanator
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Benanator » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:51 am

The voice is rough, but I didn't mind it. When the change first happened and I heard it, I didn't think he was supposed to sound like a girly girl seeing as she is originally a he. In fact I was pretty happy with it. What I didn't like was at the end of that chapter
Spoiler:
He apparently has a beautiful singing voice. With the rough voice Lady Laharl has, that bothered me a bit. If the end of the chapter is about him having a beautiful singing voice, just give him a beautiful voice all around.

EDIT: Oh and before anyone says "Yeah, thats the joke." I know. Just doesn't mean I have to like it. ;)

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:35 am

I loved Female Laharls voice, sounds mature and has a nice soft and at the same time rough touch to it which I will dig 100% :3.

Never had crashes on Disgaea so far, doesnt matter which game.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

Return to “Disgaea D2 (PS3)”