So what's your party set up so far?

The Official Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Discussion Board
scorptatious
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

So what's your party set up so far?

Postby scorptatious » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:20 am

I'm at Chapter 9 right now, and so far I think I have my ideal party for the rest of the game. At least until post game anyway.

Laharl
Etna
Flonne
Sicily

Grand Slam Gal (Heavy Knight reincarnated from a warrior, formerly known as Grand Slam Man) Evility: Reduces damage by 80% while defending

Punch 2.0 (Ninja reincarnated from a Female Brawler, formerly known as Punch) Evility: Has a 50% chance of evading attacks from the front

Margarita (Magic Knight reincarnated from a Witch) Evility: Increases damage by 100% when exploiting elemental weaknesses

Vivi (Star Skull) Evility: Increases damage by 30% by consumes 50% more SP. (Could have those numbers mixed up, I don't know.)

Spyro (Dragon) Evility: Reduces enemy wind resistance by 15% (Awesome for my mages. Especially my magic knight)

Mono (Succubus) Evility: Increases stats by 5% for every male unit on the field.

Might use later:

Ariel (Sea Angel)

So how about you guys?

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: So what's your party set up so far?

Postby greenzsaber » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:49 am

For story it was:
Laharl lvl 150ish.

Post-game, same thing, although I've started building up other characters.
Spoiler:

Dimension Slash S
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Dimension Slash S » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:31 am

At Episode 3...
Laharl Lv. 724(Yeah! Item World and Statistician are my friends, so...)
Etna Lv. 169
Flonne Lv. 174
Sicily Lv. 124
Fuka Lv. 239
Desco Lv. 129
Prism Skull Lv. 149
Star Warrior Lv. 153
Trickster Lv. 147(This one to transform enemies in treasures...)
Trickster Lv. 97(...and this one to get 3 more ranks out of a treasure.)
Prinny King Lv. 110
Prinny King Lv. 96
Jack Lv. 97
Slust Lv. 147(This guy is a BADASS!)

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Laharl: 185
Etna: 78
Pure Flonne: 93
Yoko: Lady Fighter 165
Matilda: Armor Knight 155
Kuromi: Fight Mistress 160
Asagi: 195
Onyx: Living Armor 142
Nyx: Ifrit 82
Lanzarote: 88
Setsuna: Archer 72
Webster: Gunner 84
Yanomi: Succubus 68
Minori: Sea Angel 91
Barbara: 50 (didn't bother)
Emziel: 155
Yuri: Healer 75
(IDR name): Ninja 34
Serena: Alurane 53

All are rank one.

Yeah, I know I suck, but I never claimed to be good at this game. I've put about 60~ hours into it. :?
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

epikkhighh
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby epikkhighh » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:23 pm

i've stopped using sicily. she starts off with a book weapon,and imo, i find book users to be pretty weak. I also recruited a post game character that has the book,and I gave her a staff to use instead. shes a bit op now. pretty weak before

post game spoilers ahead so read at your own risk

laharl (chan) ~400
pure flonne ~250
etna ~240
lord cat (rank 6 cat or w/e) ~300
master thief ~180
petta ~320
galaxy mage ~520
axel ~410
raspberyl just got her, 100
artina ~600 just got her too lol

~about 70 hours in or so

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:54 am

For the story I used:
Female Brawler, Evility: +25% Fist Attacks
Male Fighter, Axe, Evility: +15% stats for each enemy on the next field.
Female Witch, Staff, Evility: +10% Mana each round
Male Healer, Book, Evility: Book works like a Staff (Range +, etc. )
Thief, Gun, Evility, +3 ranks when breaking a chest
Pumpkin, Evility: +50% to inflict status aliments (really good, you can even get all 5 on an attack)
Armor, Evility: +20% stats for each dead ally
Flonne, Staff, Evility: Standard

Sometimes Etna, Sicily and Laharl too.

Postgame(lol):

- Everybody is at least Level 700+

Female Brawler, 9999, Fist, +25% Fist attacks and Counter twice
Female Witch, 9999, Staff, 10% mana each round and reflect element resist onto magic attacks
Male Healer, 9999, Book, Book evility and +25% HP of their HP healed when healed
Thief, 9999, Gun, +3 ranks when breaking a chest
Flonne, 9999, Staff, Evility standard
Slime, 9999, -75% physical and -75% elemental dmg.

And a lot of others I dont use that often that are mostly 700 or random middle level.

Female Witch, Thief, Pumpkin, Female Knight are all at 300% on everything.
(Sidenote: Farming of x% is easier, but still hard as the 10 bonus is random and if you only need INT for example and it never hits that you make no progress)
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:08 am

Dimension Slash S wrote:At Episode 3...
Laharl Lv. 724(Yeah! Item World and Statistician are my friends, so...)
Etna Lv. 169
Flonne Lv. 174
Sicily Lv. 124
Fuka Lv. 239
Desco Lv. 129
Prism Skull Lv. 149
Star Warrior Lv. 153
Trickster Lv. 147(This one to transform enemies in treasures...)
Trickster Lv. 97(...and this one to get 3 more ranks out of a treasure.)
Prinny King Lv. 110
Prinny King Lv. 96
Jack Lv. 97
Slust Lv. 147(This guy is a BADASS!)

Who is Slust? XD
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

Meepit
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Meepit » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:25 am

Story

Flonne: Equipped with staff.
Laharl: Equipped with sword.
Etna: Equipped with Spear.
Sicily: Equipped with book, used Mana potions and mana increase to give her the priests book range evility before end game. Good times.

Cherry - Fire Mage with SP regen evility
Ricky (Default name)- Prinny with emblem, apprentice to cherry.
Akarin! - Female Fighter, fists with the extra hits evility.
Mars - Martial Artist with crit increase evility and fists.
Peek - Thief with the treasure chest level increase evility.
Boo - Pumpkin head with the reverse status evility.
Crash - Former Prinny turned Priest turned Shaman turned Monk.

I Peek and Boo as a team. I would send out Boo, and use Crash to give him status buffs, then mount Peek on and go around stealing stuff.

Ricky and Cherry were my other team. Surprisingly effective.

Post Game

Flonne - level 9999 x 30. 100% elemental damage for 2nd evility. Has all ranks of all spells.
Cherry Bomb - Formerly Cherry, reincarnated to every class to get all ranks. Now a thief level 9999 x 40ish. Mains a staff, has all ranks of all spells and buffs and debuffs that aren't unique.
Ricky - Now an ifrit with all ranks of all spells reincarnated through all monster classes. Cherry bomb rides him into battle. He has the ice absorption evility. level 9999 x 40ish
Barbara - With the Passiveness and the evility that makes her defend when attacked from the front or sides automatically. Equipped with a lvl 300 bow that has + 6 range. She can clear entire floors in the item world on the first turn without ever attacking. Great for bringing up the level bonuses for killing mobs. level 9999 x 25.
Peek - Now a level 9999 x 50ish thief, has all weapon masteries maxxed. Uses a level 300 bow with + 6 range. Knows all buff spells, debuff spells that aren't unique.
Boo - Now a level 9999 x 50ish mothman with reverse status and 30% longer poison evilities. Maxxed movement and is my world runner. Has all spells, debuffs, buffs etc. Uses emblem.

My other characters aren't quite as complete. Still working on the rest.
PSN: MeepitVader

epikkhighh
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby epikkhighh » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:24 am

Meepit wrote:Story

Flonne: Equipped with staff.
Laharl: Equipped with sword.
Etna: Equipped with Spear.
Sicily: Equipped with book, used Mana potions and mana increase to give her the priests book range evility before end game. Good times.

Cherry - Fire Mage with SP regen evility
Ricky (Default name)- Prinny with emblem, apprentice to cherry.
Akarin! - Female Fighter, fists with the extra hits evility.
Mars - Martial Artist with crit increase evility and fists.
Peek - Thief with the treasure chest level increase evility.
Boo - Pumpkin head with the reverse status evility.
Crash - Former Prinny turned Priest turned Shaman turned Monk.

I Peek and Boo as a team. I would send out Boo, and use Crash to give him status buffs, then mount Peek on and go around stealing stuff.

Ricky and Cherry were my other team. Surprisingly effective.

Post Game

Flonne - level 9999 x 30. 100% elemental damage for 2nd evility. Has all ranks of all spells.
Cherry Bomb - Formerly Cherry, reincarnated to every class to get all ranks. Now a thief level 9999 x 40ish. Mains a staff, has all ranks of all spells and buffs and debuffs that aren't unique.
Ricky - Now an ifrit with all ranks of all spells reincarnated through all monster classes. Cherry bomb rides him into battle. He has the ice absorption evility. level 9999 x 40ish
Barbara - With the Passiveness and the evility that makes her defend when attacked from the front or sides automatically. Equipped with a lvl 300 bow that has + 6 range. She can clear entire floors in the item world on the first turn without ever attacking. Great for bringing up the level bonuses for killing mobs. level 9999 x 25.
Peek - Now a level 9999 x 50ish thief, has all weapon masteries maxxed. Uses a level 300 bow with + 6 range. Knows all buff spells, debuff spells that aren't unique.
Boo - Now a level 9999 x 50ish mothman with reverse status and 30% longer poison evilities. Maxxed movement and is my world runner. Has all spells, debuffs, buffs etc. Uses emblem.

My other characters aren't quite as complete. Still working on the rest.

have you been playing 24/7? geez i'm not even close to that and i've been playing a lot (usually ~10 hours a day) ~72 hours in total as of last tuesday (~75 hours with resets and what not?)

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:30 am

epikkhighh wrote:have you been playing 24/7? geez i'm not even close to that and i've been playing a lot (usually ~10 hours a day) ~72 hours in total as of last tuesday (~75 hours with resets and what not?)

I've only been able to play in like 2-6 hour bursts ._.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

Meepit
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Meepit » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:39 pm

epikkhighh wrote:have you been playing 24/7? geez i'm not even close to that and i've been playing a lot (usually ~10 hours a day) ~72 hours in total as of last tuesday (~75 hours with resets and what not?)

24/7? Hah! I wish... No.

But I have been playing a lot. But, I tend to work on leveling up weapons and stuff while I do other things.

And I exploited the heck out of Flonne getting her strong enough then used the apprentice system to piggy back stats onto my weaker characters. At this point, I can take a freshly made level 1 character, go into LoC 2 star CoO6 and combo kill the map using another character to bring down the enemies to near death and the level 1 to finish them off. Then on the next visit, that level 1 clears the map by themselves and becomes level 9999. Reincarnate them, go back and do it again until they can clear the map solo at level 1. Then I jack up the star and do it all over again. By the time I've reincarnated them a few dozen times they are one shotting LoC level 10 at level 1. Once I get them to desired level, I work on their weapon skills.

I had to reincarnate Barbara a little while ago, so while I've been typing this up, I've been leveling her weapon skills back to 255. Point of advice: Try to get an S rank Master for those level D weapon masteries, they take forever if you don't have at least a B.

But yeah, I hunted down statisticians early on as well as trainers and sparring partners. Getting 1900 Sparring Partners is the ONLY way to level masteries without losing your mind. I used the subdued/unsubdued/subdued method for leveling innocents while working on item levels. Helps speed it along nicely.

My characters are way over powered, but I still have some bosses to kill because I've been putting it off.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Meepit wrote:I exploited the heck out of Flonne

Mind elaborating? My flonne is still level 100 ._.

epikkhighh
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby epikkhighh » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:00 pm

Meepit wrote:

24/7? Hah! I wish... No.

But I have been playing a lot. But, I tend to work on leveling up weapons and stuff while I do other things.

And I exploited the heck out of Flonne getting her strong enough then used the apprentice system to piggy back stats onto my weaker characters. At this point, I can take a freshly made level 1 character, go into LoC 2 star CoO6 and combo kill the map using another character to bring down the enemies to near death and the level 1 to finish them off. Then on the next visit, that level 1 clears the map by themselves and becomes level 9999. Reincarnate them, go back and do it again until they can clear the map solo at level 1. Then I jack up the star and do it all over again. By the time I've reincarnated them a few dozen times they are one shotting LoC level 10 at level 1. Once I get them to desired level, I work on their weapon skills.

I had to reincarnate Barbara a little while ago, so while I've been typing this up, I've been leveling her weapon skills back to 255. Point of advice: Try to get an S rank Master for those level D weapon masteries, they take forever if you don't have at least a B.

But yeah, I hunted down statisticians early on as well as trainers and sparring partners. Getting 1900 Sparring Partners is the ONLY way to level masteries without losing your mind. I used the subdued/unsubdued/subdued method for leveling innocents while working on item levels. Helps speed it along nicely.

My characters are way over powered, but I still have some bosses to kill because I've been putting it off.

whats your play time?

how is yours 100? i use to use flonne oftenly,got her to 250.and stopped. her flonnezilla and pure love skills are just too weak now..

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:49 pm

epikkhighh wrote:how is yours 100? i use to use flonne oftenly,got her to 250.and stopped. her flonnezilla and pure love skills are just too weak now..

I only use her as a healer because she is weak. For me anyway. My fight mistress hits in the 20k's (just normally) compared to Flonne's 5k (special attacks).

Idk how to 'exploit her though.

Meepit
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Meepit » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:02 pm

BlancnOut wrote:

Mind elaborating? My flonne is still level 100 ._.

Okay, early on, I made Flonne apprentice to Cherry, my red Mage. Taught Flonne fire spells up through Omega. Got her a staff and started using her like a mage just to build up her repetiore. Did the same thing with a cleric until she had up through Giga heal. Sorta planned ahead for this... Anyways, Flonne's evility "Heart of Affection" reads "Increase stats by 10% when using healing magic to heal units to max HP."

Basically, what this means is you can get her stats up to +200% in as little as three turns. Hang onto that idea.

As soon as I hit post game, I made a throw away Magic Knight and taught Flonne the evility that does 100% damage when focusing on an elemental weakness.

Then, I worked my way up to CoO6 and through the post game maps. Once CoO6 was open to me, I'd take 9 units out of the base and equip them with an item that gave hit points, doesn't matter how many, as little as 1 hp works. Anyways, Flonne would heal them, I'd unequip the items and put them back in the base, end turn. Repeat 2 more times, well, 1.2 more times. And Flonne would have 200% stat gains before ever killing any enemy. Lob fire spells at them from behind the base panel until they died, since now she was powerful enough to kill them. Rinse and repeat a few times until I hit level 9999 with her the first time.

Then delve into the item world to start unlocking innocents. Made a couple of my characters into runners and went nuts. Spent about 6 hours in the Item Sea buffing up items and collecting innocents. Then I reincarnated Flonne and started the whole CoO6 process over again, but now I had 3.5 stacks of Statisticians and all the post game stuff up to Pringer Z unlocked so I could push that Cheat Shop up. At first, I had Flonne in the Exp boost Dojo, just to get some levels under her belt, then I put her into the Aptitude dojo.

Did this all until I had about 20 reincarnations for her and she can clear LoC CoO6 at 10 stars, took about 10 hours total since she was the first one. Then after she was set, I made her Cherry Bomb's apprentice. This made Cherry have huge stat gains, got the 100% elemental dmg evility for Cherry and started the process over. Once I had her built up, it was back to the item world to get Sparring Partners and Trainers. So on and so forth...

epikkhighh wrote:
Meepit wrote:

snip

whats your play time?

how is yours 100? i use to use flonne oftenly,got her to 250.and stopped. her flonnezilla and pure love skills are just too weak now..

My play time as of right now is 78 hours, 20 minutes on my main save. On my secondary save, I fell asleep with the machine on, it's basically the same as the first on but I went a whole day without realizing the game was still going so it's inflated by about 25 hours or so. I couldn't remember what I did last so I just saved so I didn't accidently erase progress. I ~think~ I got up and answered the door without saving right after an item world run and never went back and saved. I dunno. No biggy.

Return to “Disgaea D2 (PS3)”