Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

The Official Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Discussion Board
Laharl2nd
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby Laharl2nd » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:15 pm

the voice is fitting the lines she says are random as hell lol thats pretty much it.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Laharl2nd wrote:the voice is fitting the lines she says are random as hell lol thats pretty much it.

And that's the problem. Random lines aren't a character.A voice actress is pretty much wasted on Asagi.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Laharl2nd
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Laharl2nd » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:58 am

dood wrote:
Laharl2nd wrote:the voice is fitting the lines she says are random as hell lol thats pretty much it.

And that's the problem. Random lines aren't a character.A voice actress is pretty much wasted on Asagi.

asagi has ALWAYS done this though, she spouts stuff about being an idol and eventually getting her own game now even says MAKAI WARS occasionally.

Laharl even says some random stuff he says "ANTENNAE" referring to his hair but why? makes no sense in the context its in, its because its disgaea chars always have little quirks to their lines. Flonne constantly referenced food in D4.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:21 am

Laharl2nd wrote:
dood wrote:

asagi has ALWAYS done this though, she spouts stuff about being an idol and eventually getting her own game now even says MAKAI WARS occasionally.

Laharl even says some random stuff he says "ANTENNAE" referring to his hair but why? makes no sense in the context its in, its because its disgaea chars always have little quirks to their lines. Flonne constantly referenced food in D4.

In Asagi's cameo in Disgaea 2 she had some sort of character. It was only 2 cutscenes that add up to 5 minutes and that was the most character she's had in all of her cameos. Laharl says antennae and yes it's random but at least they talked about his antennae early in the game. Asagi as a cameo is just completely random. Flonne may talk about food in D4 but at least she is related to the plot in "some" way, even if she is fairly stupid. I just wish Asagi didn't turn into this random character in every game. She had potential but now she represents a lot of what's wrong with "comedy" anime today (or from what I have seen at least) .
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

scorptatious
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby scorptatious » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:11 am

Just bought both Adell and Rozalin, and I have to agree that Adell's new VA isn't very good at all.

Oh well. At least I get to set the Holt Village theme as my main theme in the castle. God knows that theme has really grown on me as I played Disgaea 2.

Laharl2nd
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Laharl2nd » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:54 am

oddly enough im starting to get used to his voice lol.

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:44 pm

So I just bought Mao and Salvatore and I think they got Salvatore's accent wrong. This one is more Italian more than German. All I can think of is Mario when she talks. "It'sa me, Salvatore!" Maybe I just can't tell accents though. Maybe...

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Larkybroages wrote:So I just bought Mao and Salvatore and I think they got Salvatore's accent wrong. This one is more Italian more than German. All I can think of is Mario when she talks. "It'sa me, Salvatore!" Maybe I just can't tell accents though. Maybe...

I never got a German vibe from Salvatore. I mean I obviously get the Germanish-Nazi vibe from her clothing and personality, but not the accent.

I always thought the way she rolls her r's was more Spanish/Italian/Mexican anyway. But that's just me.

Just as an FYI: "Salvatore" is a name with Italian origins, so linking her to an Italian isn't completely wrong either.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Salvatore always had an overly exaggerated German accent. Though her name is more Italian than anything it can also be Hispanic. Anyone want to here me complain about her character too? No?...... Well ok.....
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:20 pm

dood wrote:Salvatore always had an overly exaggerated German accent. Though her name is more Italian than anything it can also be Hispanic. Anyone want to here me complain about her character too? No?...... Well ok.....

So I wasn't wrong in saying her accent was German? Yes! But does anyone agree with me about it sounding like Mario?

Also, that last part made me laugh cuz it reminded me of Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures. "You want Uncle to complain about her character too? No?" I read it in his voice.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:25 pm

BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

prinnyfrost
Vassal
Vassal

Postby prinnyfrost » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:32 pm

As much as I love Adell, I would actually have to agree. His new voice is kinda worth a gamingsin for 2 reasons, 1. It's pretty bad and irritating, to the point where I switched the game's VA to Japanese. Not even Chaos Wars was that bad. 2. His new voice actually makes him sound younger in my opinion. If it was an actual younger Adell that was going around different Netherworlds to find Zenon, then I would've accepted the new voice, but since it's the same Adell that appeared through a time warp, then it's pretty much another plot-hole, and this franchise already has enough of those.

Return to “Disgaea D2 (PS3)”