Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

The Official Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Discussion Board
User avatar
greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 900
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:29 am

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby greenzsaber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:07 am

japangator wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:VA changes are rarely done on a whim.
Usually a reason they can't get someone to reprise a role.

Also, NISA don't control the 'making DLC free' thing I am pretty sure. Besides, they need to pay for the VAs (including the original Japanese ones) and such.

Glad to have someone around to salvage the situation. I was going to pull the Asagi card to make a point that a VA change isn't something to get bent out of shape about but i don't want to offend anybody if they are that passionate about keeping things as they were before.

I think they're using Asagi's VA from Prinny: CIRBTH? for this game. Her JP voice is also different in D3 and in DD2, and it's said that she usually gets a different VA in each appearance, so the VA change is likely intentional in her case.
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby dood » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:02 am

If this voice was his original voice in Disgaea 2 then no one would complain. The only reason people are complaining is because they are used to the original.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Tortilla Buster
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby Tortilla Buster » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:31 pm

dood wrote:If this voice was his original voice in Disgaea 2 then no one would complain. The only reason people are complaining is because they are used to the original.


Not really, this voice is all around pretty awful.

User avatar
dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby dood » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Tortilla Buster wrote:
dood wrote:If this voice was his original voice in Disgaea 2 then no one would complain. The only reason people are complaining is because they are used to the original.


Not really, this voice is all around pretty awful.



What's so awful about it? It really is ok to me. The only reason I could see why people wouldn't like it is that it's not the original voice.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

User avatar
dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby dood » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:25 pm

@BlackChaosDragon

His original voice did match better. But someone saying they want a refund because of a VA change is really extreme. But that only applies to one person here from what I can see.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

User avatar
dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby dood » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:
dood wrote:@BlackChaosDragon

His original voice did match better. But someone saying they want a refund because of a VA change is really extreme. But that only applies to one person here from what I can see.



Ah i see, extreme indeed
personally i say theres little point to that its quite a hassle to deal with sony
though none the less i assume he and everyone will continue to buy regardless im sure
Beryl and mao are next i think

but on the plus side theres nothing bad about lillel
although she says mushroom quite a bit even in the Fate paradox



I don't have any of the DLC yet. I have just seen videos of the english versions of the first wave DLC. I am waiting until my patience is gone to get any DLC at all. To be honest I don't really care to play as Adell anymore. I like him and all but I just don't feel like playing as him for the third game in the row. I never really used Rozalin outside of Disgaea 2. And I have no choice but to get Lilliel because I have never played as her. I'm not getting Beryl either. But I will get Mao.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Plastik
New Vassal
New Vassal
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:00 am

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby Plastik » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Your first mistake was using that god-awful English language track in the first place.

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Plastik wrote:Your first mistake was using that god-awful English language track in the first place.

This is a different argument, and will not be had here.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby dood » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:43 am

Ringwraith wrote:
Plastik wrote:Your first mistake was using that god-awful English language track in the first place.

This is a different argument, and will not be had here.



I will agree with you but I feel it has to be said that the English voice acting in this Disgaea was the weakest I have seen in the series.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

User avatar
Laharl2nd
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 9:40 am

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby Laharl2nd » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:14 pm

I agree about this voice being horrible for adell its the same as NATSU from fairy tail while it works for natsu for adell its just horrible lol. Now part of me thinks nisa did this as a joke think of it this way.

Adell was meant to be a parody of all the shonen heroes put together so what if a new running joke in nisa is his voice changes to a new Shonen hero each game... its a stretch but its kind of funny?

User avatar
dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby dood » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Laharl2nd wrote:I agree about this voice being horrible for adell its the same as NATSU from fairy tail while it works for natsu for adell its just horrible lol. Now part of me thinks nisa did this as a joke think of it this way.

Adell was meant to be a parody of all the shonen heroes put together so what if a new running joke in nisa is his voice changes to a new Shonen hero each game... its a stretch but its kind of funny?



Yeah I am pretty sure it's Todd Haberkorn who voice Natsu. I think that if they made a Disgaea 2 D2 that it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to voice Adell again. Todd Haberkorn is certainly very good at the acting part of voice acting.

If they change his voice every game I will be pissed because it will be just like Asagi was/is.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

User avatar
Laharl2nd
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 9:40 am

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby Laharl2nd » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:29 pm

well uh i heard something similar to addells original voice as a generic voice in one of the units so that could be the thing lol.

also asagi has a pretty much set voice now they seem to be using alot which im good with it fits her well.

User avatar
dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby dood » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Laharl2nd wrote:well uh i heard something similar to addells original voice as a generic voice in one of the units so that could be the thing lol.

also asagi has a pretty much set voice now they seem to be using alot which im good with it fits her well.



I haven't heard anything similar to Adell's old voice in the game. But that's just me.

I wouldn't be surprised if her voice was changed again in the next game. Though if they could get her english voice from Disgaea 2 back then I think they should. Her voice from Disgaea 2 was her most fitting one out of all of them in my opinion.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

User avatar
Laharl2nd
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 9:40 am

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby Laharl2nd » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:37 pm

one of the masked heroe's voices kind of sounds close to adell in areas. also no plz the current one is best they got a voice that fits her wonderfully.

User avatar
dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Adell's new voice is making me want a refund.

Postby dood » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Laharl2nd wrote:one of the masked heroe's voices kind of sounds close to adell in areas. also no plz the current one is best they got a voice that fits her wonderfully.



The Masked Heroes voice isn't close enough to be better than the voice Adell has in the DLC.

The voice she has fits her personality I guess but that may change as well. Asagi as a character is annoying as she is now. She was least annoying in the Disgaea 2 cameo. She is just kind of stupid as she is now. I know her cameo in DD2 was supposed to be funny but it wasn't. It just makes her looks stupid and it makes me wonder why her cameo had to be such a waste of time. I would have just gone straight to the battle with her.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU


Return to “Disgaea D2 (PS3)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests