DD2 on vita?!

The Official Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Discussion Board
Overlord keroro
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

DD2 on vita?!

Postby Overlord keroro » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:53 am

I saw this on the psn profiles site and saw that disgaea d2 has a cross trophy list for ps3 and vita http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2324-%E ... E8%A8%98D2
3DS Friend Code: 3394-3876-6771
NNID: Soulpiece

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: DD2 on vita?!

Postby BlancnOut » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:27 am

It's too early for me to get excited for DD2 on Vita, as it stands D4 Returns hasn't even been released in Japan. True or not, I'm not seeing a deviation of trophies here, so as far I know it could just be a port with nothing added.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Really? Already there is some sort of proof of DD2 Vita. I know it's because of us here in the western parts of the world that Disgaea games start out on consoles first but come on now D4 Returns isn't even out yet. Whatever I just know that I'm not going to buy the portable version of this game not that it's bad or anything.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

japangator
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby japangator » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:28 pm

dood wrote:Really? Already there is some sort of proof of DD2 Vita. I know it's because of us here in the western parts of the world that Disgaea games start out on consoles first but come on now D4 Returns isn't even out yet. Whatever I just know that I'm not going to buy the portable version of this game not that it's bad or anything.

I have no doubt in my mind they'll port DD2 to Vita because they made handheld ports of all their past titles. You would think after porting a Disgaea game for the 4th time now that people would figure it's a normal thing that's expected to happen now. If I could I wouldn't buy the console versions at all and just wait until the port comes and buy that, however I'm not really a patient person when it comes to game releases :lol: . Oh well I can just support NIS more by buying both :D .

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Whenever it happens, I'll get it.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:29 am

japangator wrote:
dood wrote:Really? Already there is some sort of proof of DD2 Vita. I know it's because of us here in the western parts of the world that Disgaea games start out on consoles first but come on now D4 Returns isn't even out yet. Whatever I just know that I'm not going to buy the portable version of this game not that it's bad or anything.

I have no doubt in my mind they'll port DD2 to Vita because they made handheld ports of all their past titles. You would think after porting a Disgaea game for the 4th time now that people would figure it's a normal thing that's expected to happen now. If I could I wouldn't buy the console versions at all and just wait until the port comes and buy that, however I'm not really a patient person when it comes to game releases :lol: . Oh well I can just support NIS more by buying both :D .

If it was Disgaea 5 I would expect it. But it's not it's DD2, and DD2 is a spin off game in my opinion.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

DarkPrier
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby DarkPrier » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:29 am

dood wrote:
japangator wrote:

If it was Disgaea 5 I would expect it. But it's not it's DD2, and DD2 is a spin off game in my opinion.

The only NIS game that hasn't been brought to the PSP or Vita is Soul Nomad due to the PSP running out of time.

Going by NIS's track record, it is likely Guided Fate Paradox will get a Vita port, not to even mention Disgaea D2.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:46 am

Oh god I think you're right.... Huh I guess I never looked at it like that.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

DarkPrier
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby DarkPrier » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:22 am

dood wrote:Oh god I think you're right.... Huh I guess I never looked at it like that.

Anybody who believes there is a chance that a Disgaea game won't be ported to a(playstation)portable system eventually doesn't know NIS very well.
I am of the opinion that NIS would have brought Disgaea Infinite to the PSP eventually if it didn't originate there for some reason; all just because it had the name "Disgaea".

They ported Phantom Brave TWICE to get it on a(playstation)portable system, and I am sure they would have ported Soul Nomad too if it weren't for the fact that Makai Kingdom's PSP port came out at about the same time as Disgaea 3 Vita and NIS realized there was no way to have another PSP port after using the Vita's capabilities.

It is extremely likely that Disgaea D2 will get a Vita port announced just after Disgaea 5 comes out to continue NIS's cycle of new game to enhanced port game distribution.

On the bright side, I think Disgaea D2's Vita port will be much better than the PS3 version in many ways, and a purchase of the port will be well worth it for both people who bought the original game, and those who didn't.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:16 pm

DarkPrier wrote:
dood wrote:Oh god I think you're right.... Huh I guess I never looked at it like that.

Anybody who believes there is a chance that a Disgaea game won't be ported to a(playstation)portable system eventually doesn't know NIS very well.
I am of the opinion that NIS would have brought Disgaea Infinite to the PSP eventually if it didn't originate there for some reason; all just because it had the name "Disgaea".

They ported Phantom Brave TWICE to get it on a(playstation)portable system, and I am sure they would have ported Soul Nomad too if it weren't for the fact that Makai Kingdom's PSP port came out at about the same time as Disgaea 3 Vita and NIS realized there was no way to have another PSP port after using the Vita's capabilities.

It is extremely likely that Disgaea D2 will get a Vita port announced just after Disgaea 5 comes out to continue NIS's cycle of new game to enhanced port game distribution.

On the bright side, I think Disgaea D2's Vita port will be much better than the PS3 version in many ways, and a purchase of the port will be well worth it for both people who bought the original game, and those who didn't.

Are you getting it? I personally won't. I just can't help but feel that Disgaea 4 Vita will be better in so many ways and there's no doubt that D4 Vita will be out before DD2 Vita.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

DarkPrier
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby DarkPrier » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:54 pm

dood wrote:
DarkPrier wrote:

Are you getting it? I personally won't. I just can't help but feel that Disgaea 4 Vita will be better in so many ways and there's no doubt that D4 Vita will be out before DD2 Vita.

Of course I am getting it.

Free Eclair and human Prier dlc + Disgaea gameplay= must buy.

I am excited for Disgaea 4 return as well.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:07 pm

I'm just getting the DLC characters I want on the PS3 version. I actually like this game believe it or not, just not enough to get a port of it. Disgaea 4 Vita looks awesome!
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:34 pm

I don't feel that I need the port of DD2 honestly. D4 Returns is adding some stuff that D4 didn't have (i think) so I feel like getting D4 returns is a great purchase, but I somehow don't see that with DD2. I like DD2 don't get me wrong, but if it's just free characters, that isn't really enough for me to get it for Vita.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:47 pm

BlancnOut wrote:I don't feel that I need the port of DD2 honestly. D4 Returns is adding some stuff that D4 didn't have (i think) so I feel like getting D4 returns is a great purchase, but I somehow don't see that with DD2. I like DD2 don't get me wrong, but if it's just free characters, that isn't really enough for me to get it for Vita.

I personally don't think that the new content on D3 AoD and D4 Vita are worth 40$, however It's a port to a portable system so I give it a pass. Disgaea games are best on portable systems I find.

We haven't heard if they are going to have extra stuff on DD2 Vita, they probably won't but we don't actually know yet. All we know for sure is that the port is going to be made. But even if DD2 Vita had new content added on I still wouldn't get it.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Laharl2nd
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Laharl2nd » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:45 pm

I just hope they streamline some of the annoying shit in D4 return PLZ get rid of character world. Same with the rng needed to make perfect items.

Return to “Disgaea D2 (PS3)”