Crashes on US disc version when throwing prinny

The Official Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Discussion Board
cocytus_duelist
New Vassal
New Vassal

Crashes on US disc version when throwing prinny

Postby cocytus_duelist » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:04 am

I have put in over 200 hours on this game, and I just reached the prinny that sells skills for only the second time. It is very rare, and I couldn’t afford most of the skills the first time I reached it. I made the mistake of talking to the prinny a second time, and instead of talking like every other character does, it attacked me immediately. I figured that the easiest way to kill it was to throw it, and maybe it wouldn’t lock up like it usually does when I throw a prinny. It did lock up my PS3...again. It has been that way for over 20 minutes now. I have to reboot the PS3 just to continue playing the game, and I always lose my progress. That means I lose the skills I just bought, the skills I’ve been looking for, for over 200 hours. I’m very angry about this. I want to finish the final endgame eventually, but without the skills, I can’t do it (I have the strategy guide). I haven’t even finished the last 3 Prinny Land stages yet, and I can’t get the one trophy without multiple prinny explosions. I emailed support but haven't even received an acknowledgement that they got my email, so I'm putting my problem up here. Even after (if) they patch the game, I don't know how many more hours it'll take to find the skill prinny again. This is *so* frustrating. I play for hours and hours with no problems, but any time I throw a prinny, and it's lockup time. Are there any known patches in the works for the US disc version?

I would have attached a picture of what it looks like, but I just got the message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." Suffice it to say it locked up in mid-explosion.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Crashes on US disc version when throwing prinny

Postby BlancnOut » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:03 pm

The patch didn't fix the problems though...
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 pm

For me it was the oppisite; I had more crashes post patch than I did without it.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

cocytus_duelist
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby cocytus_duelist » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:27 am

I thought that Disgaea D2 was supposed to update itself when I started the game. Okay, I'll try to update manually.

cocytus_duelist
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby cocytus_duelist » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:48 am

Okay, I just logged into PSN (it updated itself), and started the game. Since it went straight to the game intro screen, it didn't download any new patches. I tried going on to the PS Store, but it doesn't have patches on there. So, my game must already be patched, and thus my original question is still relevant. Is there another patch in the works that can stabilize this game? Are there any developers who monitor these forums?

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:53 pm

As far as I know there are no "plans" for future patches. The main mod said something along the lines of "we are aware that people are still having issues, but it's probably going to stay as is due to lack of resources, the randomness of the crashes, etc".

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:so i assumed you just deleted the patch and avoid fire outright?

Nah it crashed 25% of the time when I called the senate. Specifically when I select "start vote" it just freezes up sometimes. A few times with the fire skills and a few other random times like mounting, and throwing. I'm done with it so it doesn't bother me anymore. Disgaea 4 Returns has random crashes too but definitely not as much as DD2.

cocytus_duelist
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby cocytus_duelist » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:51 pm

As far as I know there are no "plans" for future patches. The main mod said something along the lines of "we are aware that people are still having issues, but it's probably going to stay as is due to lack of resources, the randomness of the crashes, etc".

Well, that screws me pretty bad. If they don't have the resources to fix this little problem, maybe I'll re-think buying a PS4 and Disgaea 5. D5 is the only game out there I'd even consider buying for PS4, and if this is the way I'll be supported, maybe it's not worth it.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:47 pm

cocytus_duelist wrote:
Well, that screws me pretty bad. If they don't have the resources to fix this little problem, maybe I'll re-think buying a PS4 and Disgaea 5. D5 is the only game out there I'd even consider buying for PS4, and if this is the way I'll be supported, maybe it's not worth it.

It isn't a "little problem" though. How can they fix a problem that is as confound as this? It's a big problem and honestly I can see why it'd be hard to fix. That doesn't mean that this should be happening in the first place, so I'm disappointed in the recent releases: even up to now there's still problems with their games if you read the feedback forum.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:10 pm

The crashes tend to be very inconsistent across people/systems even though each individual case is often quite consistently repeatable to them.
Attempting to replicate them elsewhere however just doesn't happen. If they can't manage to replicate it, it's nigh-impossible to fix, as they won't know what precisely's going wrong.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

The Sneaky Prinny
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby The Sneaky Prinny » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:25 am

Someone mentioned the senate crashing on votes. If the characters Plume, Gig, or Nisa (I think Nisa... Whoever it was in the last DLC pack) are present as voters they will crash the game every time. I don't remember if calling a vote with them causes the crash however.
I'm too damn lazy to put anything clever here.

...and as my tag expired, proudly remember me as the official Mid Boss of the Disgaea JSRPG Squad!
(Now imagine taps playing, and let a single, manly tear run down your cheek!)

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:10 pm

The Sneaky Prinny wrote:Someone mentioned the senate crashing on votes. If the characters Plume, Gig, or Nisa (I think Nisa... Whoever it was in the last DLC pack) are present as voters they will crash the game every time. I don't remember if calling a vote with them causes the crash however.

If that's the reason why my senate crashes the game, then It'd be an easy avoidance, but I still stand by my previous statement. It shouldn't be happening in the first place. Wonder what causes the crash specifically though.

Return to “Disgaea D2 (PS3)”