Thinking about purchasing the game...A question if I do

The Official Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Discussion Board
Azuya
New Vassal
New Vassal

Thinking about purchasing the game...A question if I do

Postby Azuya » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:42 am

I'm a big fan of NIS america and their RPG games. I have Fairy Fencer F, Tears to Tiara 2, Akiba's Trip, and Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2.

I was looking up on Priere on Disgaea D2 and read about the postgame and saw that someone wrote on a different forum that the postgame of Disgaea D2 is much, much easier than in D3 and D4 (I skipped D3, so I wouldn't know. I didn't want to purchase D3 because I wanted to play D4 cause of HD sprites)

So based on what the guy wrote, he wrote:

Spoiler:
* No duping, and no real need to either (even though the PPS still exists).
* Farming Innocents is easier. They come in better quantities, and can even be bought from certain Item Sea mystery rooms. Statiscians are more commonly found too.
* Leveling Items is so streamlined. Common items upgrade into a Rare item when you clear floor 30. Rare items upgrade into a Legendary when you clear floor 60. Clearing floor 100 of a Legendary sets you back to floor 1 with your stats and levels intact, so you can just run the item forever till you hit lv300.
* No more chara world. Enjoy the retweaked weapon mastery system from earlier games.
* Aptitudes are easier to farm. From postgame onwards, you can put characters in a devil dojo room, and every single map clear can randomly trigger random aptitude increases, for upto 4 people.
* You can "Promote" generic units to the next tier while keeping their level.
* If you Game Over, you get to continue without loading a save. Items you stole, or levels gained before you wiped are still yours afterwards (and yes there are ways to abuse this. Like unlocking monster classes early).
* Cheat Shop NPC, which let's you tweak how much EXP, Mana, skill levels you obtain. It's available from the very start, but the amount you can increase a gain by increases per chapter cleared. Eventually caps at 1000% mid post game.
* Though likely an oversight on NIS's part, tower attacks give 100% EXP and Mana to everyone in the tower (no split rewards). So even main game leveling is streamlined.
* Land of Carnage is given to you instantly upon reaching postgame. Toggle it with the cheat shop.
* Defeating Land of Carnage enemies gives you a tiny percentage of their stats. With lots of dilligence, you can reach 99 billion HP this way (probably the biggest timesink in the game too).

Is it pretty much true? Cause, I don't mind grinding and spending time leveling and stuff. I've played D1 and D2 before but never really bothered getting to level 9999 or have huge amounts of stats. I've only recently started playing Disgaea again and I'm already on postgame in D4. But I don't have time all the time, ya know. I'm 23 and I have to work. So I was wondering if Disgaea D2 is much easier and less time consuming cause that will really help.

Also, how do people get such huge amounts of stats? I did read it has something to do with aptitude and rarity on items but getting to 300% apptitude in D4 is a real pain in the ass and real time consuming.

And sorry if this has already been posted before. I tried searching a bit more on google about how easy is postgame but couldn't find anything else so I tried asking here.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Thinking about purchasing the game...A question if I do

Postby BlancnOut » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:00 pm

DD2 is much, much easier imo when it comes to things like stat maxing and even aptitude maxing. The .01% of stats absorbed in the LoC makes stat maxing faster and since innocents are easier to farm getting the guardians you need to increase the stats even more.

DD2 is the only Disgaea game I've plat, but ultimately it's really more of whether you want to even bother with stat maxing. I never did bother with it, but you don't really need to anyway.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

Azuya
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Azuya » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:57 pm

BlancnOut wrote:DD2 is much, much easier imo when it comes to things like stat maxing and even aptitude maxing. The .01% of stats absorbed in the LoC makes stat maxing faster and since innocents are easier to farm getting the guardians you need to increase the stats even more.

DD2 is the only Disgaea game I've plat, but ultimately it's really more of whether you want to even bother with stat maxing. I never did bother with it, but you don't really need to anyway.

So what the guy wrote in the spoiler I gave is true. Thanks, that helped a lot. I don't mind bothering with stat maxing. I never tried and I know it takes a long time to get to it but I'll give it a go.

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:42 pm

Honestly they streamlined sooo much that it shouldnt be hard. You can enjoy the story without any grinding or leveling, in contradiction to the general opinion. Grinding is there if you want it, you can make it harder if you want it and much more, but you dont have to. You can get your 20-30hrs of Story and maybe some light postgame and be finished with the game.
I mean, I put 400hrs into the PSP version of Disgaea 1 xD. Even if some of that was idle or me falling asleep. If you played that much you know what is "hardcore" grinding, same as some parts in older Titles. But even there you can just enjoy the story and dont bother with postgame. Even the Recruits are easy to come by as they are mostly in the Level 1000 range, which isnt that hard to get to with some knowledge.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

Return to “Disgaea D2 (PS3)”