I was looking up on Priere on Disgaea D2 and read about the postgame and saw that someone wrote on a different forum that the postgame of Disgaea D2 is much, much easier than in D3 and D4 (I skipped D3, so I wouldn't know. I didn't want to purchase D3 because I wanted to play D4 cause of HD sprites)
So based on what the guy wrote, he wrote:
* Farming Innocents is easier. They come in better quantities, and can even be bought from certain Item Sea mystery rooms. Statiscians are more commonly found too.
* Leveling Items is so streamlined. Common items upgrade into a Rare item when you clear floor 30. Rare items upgrade into a Legendary when you clear floor 60. Clearing floor 100 of a Legendary sets you back to floor 1 with your stats and levels intact, so you can just run the item forever till you hit lv300.
* No more chara world. Enjoy the retweaked weapon mastery system from earlier games.
* Aptitudes are easier to farm. From postgame onwards, you can put characters in a devil dojo room, and every single map clear can randomly trigger random aptitude increases, for upto 4 people.
* You can "Promote" generic units to the next tier while keeping their level.
* If you Game Over, you get to continue without loading a save. Items you stole, or levels gained before you wiped are still yours afterwards (and yes there are ways to abuse this. Like unlocking monster classes early).
* Cheat Shop NPC, which let's you tweak how much EXP, Mana, skill levels you obtain. It's available from the very start, but the amount you can increase a gain by increases per chapter cleared. Eventually caps at 1000% mid post game.
* Though likely an oversight on NIS's part, tower attacks give 100% EXP and Mana to everyone in the tower (no split rewards). So even main game leveling is streamlined.
* Land of Carnage is given to you instantly upon reaching postgame. Toggle it with the cheat shop.
* Defeating Land of Carnage enemies gives you a tiny percentage of their stats. With lots of dilligence, you can reach 99 billion HP this way (probably the biggest timesink in the game too).
Is it pretty much true? Cause, I don't mind grinding and spending time leveling and stuff. I've played D1 and D2 before but never really bothered getting to level 9999 or have huge amounts of stats. I've only recently started playing Disgaea again and I'm already on postgame in D4. But I don't have time all the time, ya know. I'm 23 and I have to work. So I was wondering if Disgaea D2 is much easier and less time consuming cause that will really help.
Also, how do people get such huge amounts of stats? I did read it has something to do with aptitude and rarity on items but getting to 300% apptitude in D4 is a real pain in the ass and real time consuming.
And sorry if this has already been posted before. I tried searching a bit more on google about how easy is postgame but couldn't find anything else so I tried asking here.