Disgaea 1 & D2 (Laharl Prinny??)

The Official Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Discussion Board
dartlr
New Vassal
New Vassal

Disgaea 1 & D2 (Laharl Prinny??)

Postby dartlr » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:12 am

I'm new to this community, but I have been thinking too much about this and had to create an account to get an answer before my mind blows...

As far as I know, after the Disgaea 1 ending, Flonne turns into a flower, and then Laharl asks the Seraph to take his life to save Flonne's. After that happening, and Flonne being successfully saved, Laharl appears later as a Prinny. I guess if you're reading this, you know the whole story and stuff...

And here goes the question: When and how did Laharl turn into a human again to appear as a human in Disgaea D2?

Thanks in advantage, dood!

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Disgaea 1 & D2 (Laharl Prinny??)

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:52 am

To my knowledge, there isn't really a specific how or when. It's just kind of accepted that he does at some point.

While "D2" does take place after "1", it isn't an immediate lead in. The actual amount of time is rather unspecified between the two games so there just could have been more than enough time for Laharl to reincarnate back into a humanoid at some point, either by doing some deeds or just naturally.

It's not really much of an answer but that's about all I got.

dartlr
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby dartlr » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Well, it's better than nothing, so thank you so much!! :D
I really appreciate that someone took a little time to answer me ^-^
I can kinda live with that explanation and just assume that's how they want it to look :D
I guess they just wanted to do a sequel of Disgaea 1 and they needed that character back, since it wouldn't be the same without The Great Laharl.

So yeah, thank you so much for your answer, dood!!

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby mario_0345 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:36 pm

The reason why Laharl is a human is because DD2 takes place after the good ending of Disgaea, the ending that you got where Laharl becomes a prinny is the normal ending not the good ending. In the good ending Lamington is still alive and turns flonne into a fallen angel and she stays with Laharl and the rest.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:48 pm

To my understanding, it's considered by some that neither the Good nor the Normal endings alone are actually canon. But instead, elements from both were taken to create a new ending where Lamington survives but Laharl ends up sacrificing himself anyway, kind of like in the anime adaptation.

The reason for this is because both events end up getting references one way or another in future entries. For example, Lamington appears in "D2" and Prinny Laharl appears in both of the "Prinny" games along with Etna stating that she's working him so he'd be able to reincarnate one day, though that is a spin-off game that some others believe follows an alternative universe.

Really, what is or isn't canon along with the general timeline is fairly iffy when going from game to game.

dartlr
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby dartlr » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:10 pm

mario_0345 wrote:The reason why Laharl is a human is because DD2 takes place after the good ending of Disgaea, the ending that you got where Laharl becomes a prinny is the normal ending not the good ending. In the good ending Lamington is still alive and turns flonne into a fallen angel and she stays with Laharl and the rest.

Great, this is exactly the answer I was looking for. I'm gonna try and get that good ending, which I didn't even know existed.
Thaank you so damn much!

Return to “Disgaea D2 (PS3)”