No DVDs?

Official Cat God forum
IrisMK
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

No DVDs?

Postby IrisMK » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 am

I was just wondering but is NISA trying to go to all Blu-ray releases? Cause I didn't see any DVDs here for the preorder.

I'd have to pick up a Blu-Ray player if so. I was just wondering if anyone knew.
Hopes for NIS releases:
Who knows. :)

Mc-Taz
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: No DVDs?

Postby Mc-Taz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:33 pm

To answer your question, no NISA isn't switching to only Blu-ray releases. With each title there's the possibility that it could be released DVD only, Blu-ray only, or as a DVD/Blu-ray combo pack. They likely weigh the pros and cons of each type of release and decide how they would like to release or license for each title. I believe they prefer to release Blu-rays as they are the best quality they can present their releases in. You're not alone in having yet to switch to Blu-ray, since the question has come up ever since their first Blu-ray only title, Occult Academy, was announced.

With that being said, yes this release only includes Blu-ray discs. So you will have to look for a Blu-ray player if you want to enjoy this release.

artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby artemisthemp » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:31 am

Now I may presume to must, but could you not just use your PS3?

I brought Umineko from NISA and expect it to be region lock, but turn out to be Region free

IrisMK
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby IrisMK » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:26 am

I thought about using my PS3 but then I'd have to hook my headphones up to a TV somehow. I usually watch anime at night and I don't live alone. I think I'm just going to get an external Blu-Ray Drive for my PC. That said I can just watch the anime in my bed too. Haha.
Hopes for NIS releases:
Who knows. :)

PerryComo
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby PerryComo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:39 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “The Everday Tales of a Cat God”