what would be your high school title

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
User avatar
Lago
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby Lago » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:13 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:Hahaha... No.


Do you actually have a reason as to why that is not true? Or are you just saying that expecting that be enough of a reason to prove your point (Hint: It isn't)? I'm going to wager the latter.

ZekeFreek wrote:Funimation operates out of Texas, NISA operates out of California. I can't imagine every single VA from the game would be able or willing to fly out to Texas to dub the anime when Funimation gets around to it, especially considering a LOT of the VAs hired for the game are newcomers (assuming my sources are right). And they've never outsourced to BangZoom before.


And...? What part of 'Spike gave NISA the OK to deviate from the Funi translation' do you not understand? Also, why does it matter if the anime is different from the game? I really don't understand why you are getting so caught up on this. It's not even like the anime was all that good.

ZekeFreek wrote:IIRC, NISA's announcement that they had picked up Danganronpa came well after Funimation started the streaming the anime, which gives the impression the NISA didn't care what Funi was doing, consistency be damned.


And this is why I think you have no idea about what you are saying. Localization companies (Hell, any media company) almost always start working on a project before they announce that they are working on it. I don't know the specific details, but it's very likely they were working on it long before the anime came out and before it was released in Japan. I have friends in other localization companies and they have worked on several games before they were even released in Japan and long before the localization was even announced..

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby Seventh » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Houk wrote:It's nonsensical in a way that we felt didn't work well with the rest of the game, even within the insane setting/style.

It's also a more accurate translation, isn't it? You should be first and foremost trying to deliver an accurate representation of the original product, not changing things because you personally disagree with them or "feel" something else would work better. No one cares. Your feelings are irrelevant. You are here to deliver a quality representation of the original product, not decide you don't like it and arbitrarily change it, like was done with a certain other game.

Houk wrote:There really isn't anything else to be said beyond that. If you think it was a poor choice, that's fine. We knew making that change would bug some people, but we felt, and feel, it was in the best interests of the overall quality of our localization.
[/quote]
"We knew we'd upset the people who would buy this game, but we did it anyway."

Well then. Censorship is one thing, at least there's an argument to be made for that. This... Yeah.
Image

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 am

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby Houk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:53 pm

Seventh wrote:
Houk wrote:It's nonsensical in a way that we felt didn't work well with the rest of the game, even within the insane setting/style.

It's also a more accurate translation, isn't it? You should be first and foremost trying to deliver an accurate representation of the original product, not changing things because you personally disagree with them or "feel" something else would work better. No one cares. Your feelings are irrelevant. You are here to deliver a quality representation of the original product, not decide you don't like it and arbitrarily change it, like was done with a certain other game.


No, what's first and foremost is trying to deliver a quality product. In some cases, sticking with the literal Japanese leads to the best quality, in which case we do that. Sometimes taking a less literal approach leads to the best quality, in which case we do that. The easiest example is jokes or references that rely on significant knowledge of Japanese culture, which we always change to a greater or lesser degree during localization. We've been doing things this way since the day we opened our doors. If a significant number of people disagreed with our way of doing things, we would be out of business. Instead, we've been profitable every year we've existed. Obviously enough people are happy with the way we do things that we're still in business.

You're free to tell us what you would like us to do. But we're in a pretty good position to determine for ourselves what we should be doing in order to be successful.

"We knew we'd upset the people who would buy this game, but we did it anyway."

Well then. Censorship is one thing, at least there's an argument to be made for that. This... Yeah.


If all you're going to do is misconstrue what I write, I think we're done here. If you've figured out a way to please all of the people all of the time, I would love to hear it. The reality is, changing nothing would annoy some people, changing things a little would annoy others, and changing things a lot would annoy still others. We've taken the path that we feel will negatively affect the least amount of people who are likely to buy this game.

And like I said, we've been doing things this way for a long time now, and we're still going strong. Which isn't to say we haven't made mistakes (which hopefully we've learned from) or that this or any other project is perfect. But we do consider the impact our choices will have on all of our potential fans, and do our best to do the most good. If you don't believe that, well...sorry.

User avatar
Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 12642
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm
Location: Inkopolis

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby Beedlebud » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Seventh wrote:
Houk wrote:It's nonsensical in a way that we felt didn't work well with the rest of the game, even within the insane setting/style.

It's also a more accurate translation, isn't it? You should be first and foremost trying to deliver an accurate representation of the original product, not changing things because you personally disagree with them or "feel" something else would work better. No one cares. Your feelings are irrelevant. You are here to deliver a quality representation of the original product, not decide you don't like it and arbitrarily change it, like was done with a certain other game.

Houk wrote:There really isn't anything else to be said beyond that. If you think it was a poor choice, that's fine. We knew making that change would bug some people, but we felt, and feel, it was in the best interests of the overall quality of our localization.

"We knew we'd upset the people who would buy this game, but we did it anyway."

Well then. Censorship is one thing, at least there's an argument to be made for that. This... Yeah.[/quote]

An "accurate" translation is up to the translators themeselves, and it's all about how they feel. The LPer felt "Super High School Level" worked. The Fan Translators felt "Super Duper" worked. NISA felt "Ultimate" worked. All are synonyms and work just fine. Translations are left up to interpretation more than you think.

The latter is petty as fuck. He's just saying that you can't satisfy everyone, which is true for...just about everything.

Edit: Ninja'd. Whelp.
Image

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 am

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby Houk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:00 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
I'm also not sure what your point is about the dub casts. Our terminology/localization process doesn't have any affect on that...


Funimation operates out of Texas, NISA operates out of California. I can't imagine every single VA from the game would be able or willing to fly out to Texas to dub the anime when Funimation gets around to it, especially considering a LOT of the VAs hired for the game are newcomers (assuming my sources are right). And they've never outsourced to BangZoom before.


Yeah, I get what you're saying. What I mean is...what does that have to do with us? I don't know what it is you have a problem with here. Are you suggesting we should have flown out to Texas and done our game recording with them, or...? Cuz if so, there's no way that was going to happen.

IIRC, NISA's announcement that they had picked up Danganronpa came well after Funimation started the streaming the anime, which gives the impression the NISA didn't care what Funi was doing, consistency be damned.


Like I said, we confirmed with the devs in Japan early on (as in, before our announcement) that consistency across media wasn't a priority for them. As such, we decided to focus on doing the best translation we could do based on how we understood the story, characters, and world. Funimation felt the same way, by the way.

User avatar
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8445
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm
Location: OBEYING GOOGLE, OVERLORD OF HUMANITY
Contact:

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Houk wrote:
Seventh wrote:
Houk wrote:It's nonsensical in a way that we felt didn't work well with the rest of the game, even within the insane setting/style.

It's also a more accurate translation, isn't it? You should be first and foremost trying to deliver an accurate representation of the original product, not changing things because you personally disagree with them or "feel" something else would work better. No one cares. Your feelings are irrelevant. You are here to deliver a quality representation of the original product, not decide you don't like it and arbitrarily change it, like was done with a certain other game.


No, what's first and foremost is trying to deliver a quality product. In some cases, sticking with the literal Japanese leads to the best quality, in which case we do that. Sometimes taking a less literal approach leads to the best quality, in which case we do that. The easiest example is jokes or references that rely on significant knowledge of Japanese culture, which we always change to a greater or lesser degree during localization. We've been doing things this way since the day we opened our doors. If a significant number of people disagreed with our way of doing things, we would be out of business. Instead, we've been profitable every year we've existed. Obviously enough people are happy with the way we do things that we're still in business.

You're free to tell us what you would like us to do. But we're in a pretty good position to determine for ourselves what we should be doing in order to be successful.

"We knew we'd upset the people who would buy this game, but we did it anyway."

Well then. Censorship is one thing, at least there's an argument to be made for that. This... Yeah.


If all you're going to do is misconstrue what I write, I think we're done here. If you've figured out a way to please all of the people all of the time, I would love to hear it. The reality is, changing nothing would annoy some people, changing things a little would annoy others, and changing things a lot would annoy still others. We've taken the path that we feel will negatively affect the least amount of people who are likely to buy this game.

And like I said, we've been doing things this way for a long time now, and we're still going strong. Which isn't to say we haven't made mistakes (which hopefully we've learned from) or that this or any other project is perfect. But we do consider the impact our choices will have on all of our potential fans, and do our best to do the most good. If you don't believe that, well...sorry.


Who was the primary intended audience for this release? Because I'm getting a strong vibe it wasn't people who were already invested in the franchise, or else you wouldn't have changed so much. That's what is bothering me... that there was already an established fanbase who were used to certain things and you looked at it and decided to change what they knew anyway. That doesn't sound like a smart business decision to tick off pre-existing fans to aim for... whoever you think will buy the game idk.

Maybe this is to be expected when a localization happens four years after initial release, but it reeks of not really caring.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. What I mean is...what does that have to do with us? I don't know what it is you have a problem with here. Are you suggesting we should have flown out to Texas and done our game recording with them, or...? Cuz if so, there's no way that was going to happen.


I guess it comes down to "who did what first". If Funimation picked up the anime after you picked up the game, then the inconsistency on them, if it was the reverse, it's on NISA's head.

Whether it's the dev's fault or NISA's fault or Funi's fault, the lack of consistency is going to be frustrating and I guess I just expected more... cooperation out these groups. At this point however, I just want SOMEONE to fess up and admit, 'Yeah, our bad, we kinda fucked that up'.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Image
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Image
Image
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 am

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby Houk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:16 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:Who was the primary intended audience for this release? Because I'm getting a strong vibe it wasn't people who were already invested in the franchise, or else you wouldn't have changed so much. That's what is bothering me... that there was already an established fanbase who were used to certain things and you looked at it and decided to change what they knew anyway. That doesn't sound like a smart business decision to tick off pre-existing fans to aim for... whoever you think will buy the game idk.

Maybe this is to be expected when a localization happens four years after initial release, but it reeks of not really caring.


Look at it this way. Even among people who already know everything about the game, there was no way we were going to make everyone happy. If we'd decided to use the terminology/translations from the Let's Play, we'd upset the fan translation people. If we'd used the terminology/translations from the fan translation, the Let's Play folks would get upset. We're not a middleman for inserting other peoples' translations into our games. We do our own translations according to our own standards. If that means deviating from other unofficial translations, so be it.

It's not that we don't care about those people who have already played it. It's a matter of what we perceive to be the best possible translation. Just because someone else's translation comes first, doesn't mean it's the best, and it doesn't mean it needs to be honored and enshrined in the name of tradition. I might not be able to convince you that we very much care about this and all of our other projects (if some of the issues I've addressed across the forum already haven't convinced you, nothing will), but I know for a fact that we do. So at that point, there's not much else to do other than let the work speak for itself.

I guess it comes down to "who did what first". If Funimation picked up the anime after you picked up the game, then the inconsistency on them, if it was the reverse, it's on NISA's head.

Whether it's the dev's fault or NISA's fault or Funi's fault, the lack of consistency is going to be frustrating and I guess I just expected more... cooperation out these groups. At this point however, I just want SOMEONE to fess up and admit, 'Yeah, our bad, we kinda fucked that up'.


The thing is, though, nobody among any of the companies involved think we fucked anything up. Everyone on every end is happy with how each process went. You personally might think we took the wrong approach, but if you're expecting anyone to apologize for a process that we're all satisfied with, you're gonna be waiting a long time.

User avatar
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8445
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm
Location: OBEYING GOOGLE, OVERLORD OF HUMANITY
Contact:

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Houk wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:Who was the primary intended audience for this release? Because I'm getting a strong vibe it wasn't people who were already invested in the franchise, or else you wouldn't have changed so much. That's what is bothering me... that there was already an established fanbase who were used to certain things and you looked at it and decided to change what they knew anyway. That doesn't sound like a smart business decision to tick off pre-existing fans to aim for... whoever you think will buy the game idk.

Maybe this is to be expected when a localization happens four years after initial release, but it reeks of not really caring.


Look at it this way. Even among people who already know everything about the game, there was no way we were going to make everyone happy. If we'd decided to use the terminology/translations from the Let's Play, we'd upset the fan translation people. If we'd used the terminology/translations from the fan translation, the Let's Play folks would get upset. We're not a middleman for inserting other peoples' translations into our games. We do our own translations according to our own standards. If that means deviating from other unofficial translations, so be it.

It's not that we don't care about those people who have already played it. It's a matter of what we perceive to be the best possible translation. Just because someone else's translation comes first, doesn't mean it's the best, and it doesn't mean it needs to be honored and enshrined in the name of tradition. I might not be able to convince you that we very much care about this and all of our other projects (if some of the issues I've addressed across the forum already haven't convinced you, nothing will), but I know for a fact that we do. So at that point, there's not much else to do other than let the work speak for itself.

I guess it comes down to "who did what first". If Funimation picked up the anime after you picked up the game, then the inconsistency on them, if it was the reverse, it's on NISA's head.

Whether it's the dev's fault or NISA's fault or Funi's fault, the lack of consistency is going to be frustrating and I guess I just expected more... cooperation out these groups. At this point however, I just want SOMEONE to fess up and admit, 'Yeah, our bad, we kinda fucked that up'.


The thing is, though, nobody among any of the companies involved think we fucked anything up. Everyone on every end is happy with how each process went. You personally might think we took the wrong approach, but if you're expecting anyone to apologize for a process that we're all satisfied with, you're gonna be waiting a long time.


I get that, but I still think picking a side would've resulted in more happy people than just creating a 3rd alternative, which is likely to irk both parties.

Regarding the anime, did it not occur to any of the companies/parties involved to maybe... coordinate this? I mean, if no anime licensing company in California wanted the pick it up, then there was no helping it but did the idea of consistency not even occur to you people? Now to make it work, yes, one side would have to give, either NISA outsources the game's dub to Texas or Funi outsources the anime's dub to California, but did that issue even come up at all? Or were both parties just satisfied doing their own thing? Because that seems irresponsible to deny fans consistency like that.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Image
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Image
Image
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 am

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby Houk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:34 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:I get that, but I still think picking a side would've resulted in more happy people than just creating a 3rd alternative, which is likely to irk both parties.


But for us, that 3rd alternative is the one we feel best represents and expresses the original Japanese. That's where our priority is. We translated everything the way we did because we genuinely believe that was the best way to translate it. That's what we feel we owe our fanbase (as in, not just the people who have already played/seen the game, but all fans current and potential), and it's certainly what we owe the developers who choose to work with us.

Regarding the anime, did it not occur to any of the companies/parties involved to maybe... coordinate this? I mean, if no anime licensing company in California wanted the pick it up, then there was no helping it but did the idea of consistency not even occur to you people? Now to make it work, yes, one side would have to give, either NISA outsources the game's dub to Texas or Funi outsources the anime's dub to California, but did that issue even come up at all? Or were both parties just satisfied doing their own thing? Because that seems irresponsible to deny fans consistency like that.


Of course it occurred to us. Despite all evidence to the contrary, we do know what we're doing sometimes. We discussed all the options in front of us, and this is what we decided was the best approach for everyone involved. You can say a lot about us, but "they don't care about their fans" just isn't one of them.

User avatar
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8445
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm
Location: OBEYING GOOGLE, OVERLORD OF HUMANITY
Contact:

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:24 pm

Of course it occurred to us. Despite all evidence to the contrary, we do know what we're doing sometimes. We discussed all the options in front of us, and this is what we decided was the best approach for everyone involved. You can say a lot about us, but "they don't care about their fans" just isn't one of them.


I'm assuming the real answer is complicated and confidential. (i.e. How and why you all came to this decision).
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Image
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Image
Image
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 am

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby Houk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:49 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
Of course it occurred to us. Despite all evidence to the contrary, we do know what we're doing sometimes. We discussed all the options in front of us, and this is what we decided was the best approach for everyone involved. You can say a lot about us, but "they don't care about their fans" just isn't one of them.


I'm assuming the real answer is complicated and confidential. (i.e. How and why you all came to this decision).

Any time two or more companies make an internal decision like that you can pretty much assume it's all confidential (and good lord yes complicated).

But I'm being completely upfront when I say all involved parties were in contact with each other throughout the process, and when all was said and done, we were all on the same page about how we wanted to proceed.

User avatar
Lago
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby Lago » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:50 pm

Seventh wrote:It's also a more accurate translation, isn't it? You should be first and foremost trying to deliver an accurate representation of the original product, not changing things because you personally disagree with them or "feel" something else would work better. No one cares. Your feelings are irrelevant. You are here to deliver a quality representation of the original product, not decide you don't like it and arbitrarily change it, like was done with a certain other game.


Uh... There literally is no 'accurate' translation for 超高校級.

'Super High School Level' is basically directly translating how it is written. 超 is Super, 高校 is High School, and 高級 is High Grade/Level. However, it doesn't have the same kind of pun that original word has in Japanese, where they mix 高校 and 高級 together. Not to mention it doesn't have a very good flow.

'Super Duper' is what they use in the Japanese version whenever they're translating it into English. It carries the original author's translation, but it is technically not an 'accurate' translation.

'Ultimate' is a simplified version of the original title, prioritizing flow and usability over a direct translation, while still missing the pun of the original title.

None of them are completely accurate, and each of them has their strengths and weaknesses. Not to mention, when you're translating something that people are going to have to voice act, going for the direct translation with the weird flow isn't exactly ideal.

User avatar
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8445
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm
Location: OBEYING GOOGLE, OVERLORD OF HUMANITY
Contact:

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby ZekeFreek » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:19 am

Lago wrote:
Seventh wrote:It's also a more accurate translation, isn't it? You should be first and foremost trying to deliver an accurate representation of the original product, not changing things because you personally disagree with them or "feel" something else would work better. No one cares. Your feelings are irrelevant. You are here to deliver a quality representation of the original product, not decide you don't like it and arbitrarily change it, like was done with a certain other game.


Uh... There literally is no 'accurate' translation for 超高校級.

'Super High School Level' is basically directly translating how it is written. 超 is Super, 高校 is High School, and 高級 is High Grade/Level. However, it doesn't have the same kind of pun that original word has in Japanese, where they mix 高校 and 高級 together. Not to mention it doesn't have a very good flow.

'Super Duper' is what they use in the Japanese version whenever they're translating it into English. It carries the original author's translation, but it is technically not an 'accurate' translation.

'Ultimate' is a simplified version of the original title, prioritizing flow and usability over a direct translation, while still missing the pun of the original title.

None of them are completely accurate, and each of them has their strengths and weaknesses. Not to mention, when you're translating something that people are going to have to voice act, going for the direct translation with the weird flow isn't exactly ideal.


"Super Highschool Level" has fine flow, considering the weirdness of the setting. "Super Duper" sounds cheesy and "Ultimate" sounds like I'm watching Digimon.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Image
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Image
Image
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

User avatar
SoySauce
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:26 am
Location: Tumblr

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby SoySauce » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 am

ZekeFreek wrote:
Lago wrote:
Seventh wrote:It's also a more accurate translation, isn't it? You should be first and foremost trying to deliver an accurate representation of the original product, not changing things because you personally disagree with them or "feel" something else would work better. No one cares. Your feelings are irrelevant. You are here to deliver a quality representation of the original product, not decide you don't like it and arbitrarily change it, like was done with a certain other game.


Uh... There literally is no 'accurate' translation for 超高校級.

'Super High School Level' is basically directly translating how it is written. 超 is Super, 高校 is High School, and 高級 is High Grade/Level. However, it doesn't have the same kind of pun that original word has in Japanese, where they mix 高校 and 高級 together. Not to mention it doesn't have a very good flow.

'Super Duper' is what they use in the Japanese version whenever they're translating it into English. It carries the original author's translation, but it is technically not an 'accurate' translation.

'Ultimate' is a simplified version of the original title, prioritizing flow and usability over a direct translation, while still missing the pun of the original title.

None of them are completely accurate, and each of them has their strengths and weaknesses. Not to mention, when you're translating something that people are going to have to voice act, going for the direct translation with the weird flow isn't exactly ideal.


"Super Highschool Level" has fine flow, considering the weirdness of the setting. "Super Duper" sounds cheesy and "Ultimate" sounds like I'm watching Digimon.



Well look at it this way, if the changes that were made are that "bad" that it turns you away so be it. As Houk said not everyone can be satisfied but as long as the game it translated for ALL (meaning fans and new players who have never heard of the game) then it should be fine. Of course the majority of the people buying this game are the people that know this title or have seen the anime. Either way the changes made haven't effected anything too drastic (besides a lot of butt hurt people), limited editions were sold out the day after Christmas, I don't know many LE's they had but they went super fast. There are still some people out there that want this game, the translation NISA put out is not supposed to be the exact same as the anime or the fan-translation. You have to accept these things because the project is done and complaining isn't going to get anything changed to fit your standards. If you like it, you like it... if not then leave it for the people who will like it.
When I'm right and you're not?
Spoiler:
Image


Image

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: what would be your high school title

Postby Seventh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:26 am

What I don't understand is this assumption that the "new" fans wouldn't like something silly more in line with the original game or the fan translations. New fans in Japan who were initially exposed to it liked it, new fans who were then exposed to various fan translations liked it then, so what is it about these new fans that will be starting with NISA's translation that sets them apart from all the other people who accepted and enjoyed the over the top translation prior?

I don't even care so much that it's not the exact same translation that other sources used, what bothers me is how blatantly different it is. The fact that every other source has the term as more than one word and as something somewhat over the top should say something here.
Image


Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests