Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
serph63
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita) ♥ Sep 2nd!

Postby serph63 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:19 pm

MegaJesse wrote:I'm a little dissapointed Komaeda has been toned down a bit in terms of how he acts towards Hinata...

Thank god.

puellako
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby puellako » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:27 pm

serph63 wrote:
MegaJesse wrote:I'm a little dissapointed Komaeda has been toned down a bit in terms of how he acts towards Hinata...

Thank god.

Actually if you're talking about comparing it to oren's or the other translation
Spoiler:
A lot of people criticized oren's for his character bias against komaeda. Because he didn't like the character he did have a habit of making him come off a little worse than he really is. The other translation a lot of people had admitted wasn't very good because it was translated from Japanese > Korean > English, and was another translation that made Komaeda's lines come off a lot harsher than they actually are.

Then again I have no idea if that was what you were talking about/comparing it to (so feel free to correct me) :lol:

And I haven't gotten mine either.... And with labor day weekend no ones gotten back to my email with why it was held up so yeah, really bad timing.

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Nagito is my favorite male character :>
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

Ainara
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ainara » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:00 pm

serph63 wrote:

Thank god.

Well...
general DR2 spoilers
Spoiler:
If you're talking about how oren and fedule's (and birdman's, for that matter) translation made Komaeda's dialogue way more harsh and "insane" than it was originally, then I agree with you.
However, if you're talking about Komaeda's canonical crush on Hinata... Saying that you feel relieved that a character's (queer, on top of that!) romantic feelings for another character have been toned down is... well... An awful thing to say, no offense. I understand that Komaeda is a very controversial character and some people would rather have him not having a crush on Hinata, but that's how things are and having said feelings earsed is not a thing to be relieved at at all, regardless of how one feels about said character.
That said, I don't know if OP was talking about that or not, and I haven't played the translation yet so I don't know if it's true or not. Personally, I have faith on NISA and I know they'll handle Komaeda's character way better than the fan translations.

Zetsubear wrote:Nagito is my favorite male character :>

High five 8-) He's my favourite boy. Koizumi is definitely favourite girl.
Hinata and Sonia are pretty up there, too.
Mahiru Koizumi is love, Mahiru Koizumi is life.
Please forgive my English if it ever sounds weird!

huythekirby
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby huythekirby » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Ainara wrote:
serph63 wrote:

Thank god.

Well...
general DR2 spoilers
Spoiler:
If you're talking about how oren and fedule's (and birdman's, for that matter) translation made Komaeda's dialogue way more harsh and "insane" than it was originally, then I agree with you.
However, if you're talking about Komaeda's canonical crush on Hinata... Saying that you feel relieved that a character's (queer, on top of that!) romantic feelings for another character have been toned down is... well... An awful thing to say, no offense. I understand that Komaeda is a very controversial character and some people would rather have him not having a crush on Hinata, but that's how things are and having said feelings earsed is not a thing to be relieved at at all, regardless of how one feels about said character.
That said, I don't know if OP was talking about that or not, and I haven't played the translation yet so I don't know if it's true or not. Personally, I have faith on NISA and I know they'll handle Komaeda's character way better than the fan translations.

Zetsubear wrote:Nagito is my favorite male character :>

High five 8-) He's my favourite boy. Koizumi is definitely favourite girl.
Hinata and Sonia are pretty up there, too.

Finally, someone love Koizumi :D

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:20 pm

I would give you a high five but Koizumi cooties :?
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

puellako
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby puellako » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:22 pm

Ainara wrote:
serph63 wrote:

Thank god.

Well...
general DR2 spoilers
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
From what I've seen so far the crush has definitely not been toned down! (and thank goodness for that, it's actually really cute from the screenshots I've seen of NISA's translation). And they even show that it could have possibly went both ways in the prologue before things turned bad.

But yes I agree, if that's what you're saying thank god to then :\\\

Ainara
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ainara » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks for letting me know, puellako! Yes, I've seen some screenshots and they do look very good c:
huythekirby wrote:Finally, someone love Koizumi :D

Yes! She is a vastly underrated character.
Zetsubear wrote:I would give you a high five but Koizumi cooties :?

Haha, can't say I can blame you! When I first saw her I thought she was annoy the hell out of me, because blah blah gender roles :roll: But honestly, after knowing more about her and understanding why she is the way she is, she grew on me a LOT, to the point where she somehow became my third favourite character.
Besides, she didn't annoy me nearly as much as I thought she would. She's actually just an insecure girl who gets flustered whenever someone is nice to her. What a cutie :mrgreen:

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:41 pm

Nagito da best.

After Monokuma of course.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Whoa Whoa, what's all this about Komaeda having...

Spoiler:
A Canonical crush on Hinata? There's nothing in the game that confirms he loves Hinata. I know fans love shipping them both but to go as far to say its canon is wrong. I sure hope people haven't forgotten the way Komaeda treated Hinata after he found out his talent....
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

serph63
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby serph63 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:45 pm

Aw hell yes beetches Koizumi 4eva *high six*

Ainara
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ainara » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:46 pm

Mirai wrote:Whoa Whoa, what's all this about Komaeda having...

Spoiler:
A Canonical crush on Hinata? There's nothing in the game that confirms he loves Hinata. I know fans love shipping them both but to go as far to say its canon is wrong. I sure hope people haven't forgotten the way Komaeda treated Hinata after he found out his talent....

Spoiler:
...Have you read his last Free Time Event? It all but confirms it, and I think saying it's just "the fandom making up things" is going a little bit too far.
EDIT: In case you don't want to read it, here's a quick summary (If it's allowed to post it, of course!)
Here's a more in-depth analysis of the language nuances. http://friendlykomahinareminders.tumblr ... edas-fifth
Last edited by Ainara on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Must...resist clicking...spoilers...

Fibble
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Fibble » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 pm

Yeah, isn't there...
(DR2 spoilers):
Spoiler:
A line in Nagito's final Free Time event where he tries to tell Hajime he has feelings for him, but then chickens out and says something else? Or rather, it's one line that implies he feels that way.

serph63
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby serph63 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:55 pm

He says something like: " Oh Hinata-kun... fill me with hope! ".
100% true

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”