PS Vita TV Compatibility Question

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: PS Vita TV Compatibility Question

Postby Ringwraith » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:31 pm

Some people are innocently ignorant, so I will offer the benefit of the doubt quite often.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

trumpet205
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby trumpet205 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:03 am

Ringwraith wrote:...errrm, no, actually, most smaller localisation companies do not have any development capability,

Except for Danganronpa it never required special patching.

Vita TV uses a whitelist system starting on 3.00 firmware. The way it works is for publisher to tell Sony that their game runs on Vita TV so that Sony add that game's ID to the list. Very few Vita game requires a patch to run on Vita TV. I own a lot of JP Vita game and most of them runs on VIta TV after a firmware update (no game specific patch).

JP version of Danganronpa, Disgaea 3, Hyperdimension Neptunia, etc all run on Vita TV without a game specific patch. Appearently they aren't on the list for western release (US version of DR1 does run on VIta TV, but appearently EU version doesn't).

Lukefontastic
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lukefontastic » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:52 am

Can anyone answer this question? Does the US version of Danganronpa work with the EU version of PS TV?

trumpet205
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby trumpet205 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:03 am

Lukefontastic wrote:Can anyone answer this question? Does the US version of Danganronpa work with the EU version of PS TV?

It doesn't matter when it comes to what region PS TV/Vita TV is for. They all run on the same firmware.

I'm running US DR1 on Vita TV (Taiwanese/Asia region) just fine.

Lukefontastic
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lukefontastic » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:13 am

trumpet205 wrote:
Lukefontastic wrote:Can anyone answer this question? Does the US version of Danganronpa work with the EU version of PS TV?

It doesn't matter when it comes to what region PS TV/Vita TV is for. They all run on the same firmware.

Meaning that US DR1 will work on PS TV (EU)? So it's only the EU DR1 that's not compatible and not the device?

trumpet205
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby trumpet205 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:14 am

Lukefontastic wrote:Meaning that US DR1 will work on PS TV (EU)? So it's only the EU DR1 that's not compatible and not the device?

Correct, it is the game itself that is incompatible.

Lukefontastic
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lukefontastic » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:19 am

trumpet205 wrote:
Lukefontastic wrote:Meaning that US DR1 will work on PS TV (EU)? So it's only the EU DR1 that's not compatible and not the device?

Correct, it is the game itself that is incompatible.

Awesome, I hope anyone with an EU PS TV can confirm that the US DR1 works on it, then I don't have to worry about importing an US PS TV just for the game alone.

Lukefontastic
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lukefontastic » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:28 am

trumpet205 wrote:

There's only one thing I want to ask though... isn't DR1 listed as compatible for the Vita TV (Asia), unlike PS TV (EU)? That's the only thing bothering me, that perhaps an US DR1 won't work on a PS TV (EU), since it's not listed as compatible there... I hope it's only the game that is region-locked as you said and not the device. If anyone can confirm themselves that US DR1 does indeed work on a PS TV (EU), then that would be great :)

trumpet205
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby trumpet205 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:37 am

Lukefontastic wrote:There's only one thing I want to ask though... isn't DR1 listed as compatible for the Vita TV (Asia), unlike PS TV (EU)? That's the only thing bothering me, that perhaps an US DR1 won't work on a PS TV (EU), since it's not listed as compatible there... I hope it's only the game that is region-locked as you said and not the device. If anyone can confirm themselves that US DR1 does indeed work on a PS TV (EU), then that would be great :)

Vita and Vita TV never uses region lock.

What happened here like I said in couple posts above is that EU version of the game does not make it into the internal whitelist that PS TV/Vita TV is using. Same game for different region carries a different game ID, and while US version made it into the whitelist EU version did not. Hence PS TV thought EU version of the game cannot run on PS TV.

The compatibilty list you see on US/JP/EU/HK etc branch of Sony refers to the game sold in that particular region. it does not mean all region.

Using Walking Dead Vita as an example, on US compatibility list it shows it is compatibile to PS TV. Indeed US version of the game runs on PS TV just fine, but Japanese version of the game, which did not show up in JP compatibility list, cannot run on PS TV.

Lukefontastic
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lukefontastic » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:45 am

trumpet205 wrote:
Lukefontastic wrote:There's only one thing I want to ask though... isn't DR1 listed as compatible for the Vita TV (Asia), unlike PS TV (EU)? That's the only thing bothering me, that perhaps an US DR1 won't work on a PS TV (EU), since it's not listed as compatible there... I hope it's only the game that is region-locked as you said and not the device. If anyone can confirm themselves that US DR1 does indeed work on a PS TV (EU), then that would be great :)

Vita and Vita TV never uses region lock.

What happened here like I said in couple posts above is that EU version of the game does not make it into the internal whitelist that PS TV/Vita TV is using. Same game for different region carries a different game ID, and while US version made it into the whitelist EU version did not. Hence PS TV thought EU version of the game cannot run on PS TV.

The compatibilty list you see on US/JP/EU/HK etc branch of Sony refers to the game sold in that particular region. it does not mean all region.

Using Walking Dead Vita as an example, on US compatibility list it shows it is compatibile to PS TV. Indeed US version of the game runs on PS TV just fine, but Japanese version of the game, which did not show up in JP compatibility list, cannot run on PS TV.

I see. I hope to test this when I get a PS TV next month or so :)

alistair
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby alistair » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Hmm how much time do you lot want to answer, it long after the weekend now & nearly a week since EU got vita TV are we or are we not getting danganropa a vita TV compatibty for EU.

I remember NA a had danganropa soon after vita-tv in fact it was in your list of games before launch.

Our list was not very impressive. :roll:

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:51 pm

Its a good thing I have an American copy of DR then as they will work on PS TV, when I eventually obtain one.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”