*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on this Chapter:

5 out of 5 - Excellent
76%
4 out of 5 - Good
24%
3 out of 5 - Alright
No votes
2 out of 5 - Bad
No votes
1 out of 5 - Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 17

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:57 pm

edgy404 wrote:
Mirai wrote:Well at least with this version there is a school mode after you beat the game so you get to know alot more about any character you liked that died early on. Its a really nice edition

So I don't have to go back through the main story to fill up the report of the characters I missed on the first playthrough?

I'm afriad I can't answer that question at the moment as I have yet to recieve my package and I know very little about school mode as it did not exist in the fan-translation.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

edgy404
Majin
Majin

Postby edgy404 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:13 pm

So much feels in this chapter.
And even though I've watched the anime first, I still had some trouble with the trial.

Spoiler:
I was wondering when if there would be a lengthy trial similar to the length of the first trial in DR2.
FC:1547-5970-9875

Saito
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Saito » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:52 am

What hurts most is
Spoiler:
if you did manage to do Chihiro's FTE, Makoto tells him that the strongest person in the school is Mondo, and that Chihiro would be best to work out with him...nice one Makoto...

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:57 am

Saito wrote:What hurts most is
Spoiler:
if you did manage to do Chihiro's FTE, Makoto tells him that the strongest person in the school is Mondo, and that Chihiro would be best to work out with him...nice one Makoto...

Spoiler:
Terrible :(

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:33 am

Beedlebud wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Terrible :(

Spoiler:
Yeah, I finished Chihiro's FTE, which made it that much worse

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:41 am

Spoiler:

So true

Spoiler:
It makes you feel that you were the one responsible for his death :( .
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:23 pm

Mirai wrote:
Spoiler:

So true

Spoiler:
It makes you feel that you were the one responsible for his death :( .

Spoiler:
Yeah, it's kinda sucky when you think about it.

AkaiDoragon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby AkaiDoragon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:06 pm

Spoiler:
I'm not entirely sure if I should put this in the spoiler tag since I will mention the investigation a bit. Initally, I did not like Chihro since most of his dialogue consisted of apologizing and crying (I never interacted with him on the free time moments so I'm unaware of that dialogue). After both his gender and his aspiration to overcome his weakness was revealed, I began to like him a bit more but for some reason he still did not interest me much. That being said, the crime scene totally took me by surprise.

iatheia
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby iatheia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Was the gender thing really such a big surprise, though? I suppose it wouldn't have worked in English version, but in Japanese, he was voiced by a guy. Very passable voice, granted, but still, the minute he opened his mouth, I was 85 percent convinced that we are dealing with a crossdresser, and kept waiting for the reveal...

Avebone
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Avebone » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:23 pm

iatheia wrote:Was the gender thing really such a big surprise, though? I suppose it wouldn't have worked in English version, but in Japanese, he was voiced by a guy. Very passable voice, granted, but still, the minute he opened his mouth, I was 85 percent convinced that we are dealing with a crossdresser, and kept waiting for the reveal...

When I first played I genuinely thought he was a she. Once I noticed the crime scene swap though it became obvious. I wouldn't say it was a huge surprise but I didn't expect it at first. My first play through was also not in English I should probably add that.

bldudas
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby bldudas » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:34 am

Chihiro. :(

I just finished the chapter last night. I was totally surprised when I learned Chihiro was a boy. I played with the Japanese voices, and I still was surprised, but after thinking about everything, it does make sense.

Saru245
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Saru245 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:40 pm

What!? Chihiro was a guy!? Well I kinda suspected that because he wouldn't out to the locker rooms with Sakura and Hina. Though he killed Chihiro I do feel bad for Mondo because he was so upset at the time that he doesn't even remember exactly what happened the moment he lost it. I also felt bad for Ishimaru, I mean they were bro's and this had to happen. At least Mondo took his punishment like the manly man he is.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:39 pm

iatheia wrote:Was the gender thing really such a big surprise, though? I suppose it wouldn't have worked in English version, but in Japanese, he was voiced by a guy. Very passable voice, granted, but still, the minute he opened his mouth, I was 85 percent convinced that we are dealing with a crossdresser, and kept waiting for the reveal...

There were two things I knew about DR prior to going into it: Chihiro was a boy and Aoi liked donuts.

That said, yeah, his Japanese voice is a pretty big giveaway. Sad we had to lose Mondo so soon (he was really growing on me), but I guess it couldn't be helped.

Saito
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Saito » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:10 pm

Seventh wrote:

There were two things I knew about DR prior to going into it: Chihiro was a boy and Aoi liked donuts.

That said, yeah, his Japanese voice is a pretty big giveaway. Sad we had to lose Mondo so soon (he was really growing on me), but I guess it couldn't be helped.

I think that if you played with Japanese voices without knowing he's a boy, then it's not so obvious. You just pick up on the fact the Japanese VA sounds male after the discovery.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:24 pm

I dunno about that one. I mean I obviously have no way of knowing, but it's reeeeaaally not a feminine voice.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”