*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on this Chapter:

5 out of 5 - Excellent
8
38%
4 out of 5 - Good
8
38%
3 out of 5 - Alright
5
24%
2 out of 5 - Bad
0
No votes
1 out of 5 - Terrible
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 21

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby vampko » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Seventh wrote:Yeah, but Makoto was able to research the school prior to coming and apparently it was a well known thing that only Ultimates got in. So even if this class was entirely picked by Monokuma (which would contradict how there was all that info about everyone), the school's premise is that they only bring Ultimate people in.

So any non-Ultimates coming in doesn't make sense.

Yet here we are with Perfects and Adults...

Well, Makoto at the very least was never promised to be anything really. He just got picked randomly by a lottery.

As for other things. Celeste would definitely be considered the ultimate gambler, as she pulled off crazy gambling feats. How would others know how she won really? They'd just think she was amazing at gambling.

For Hiro....he just must have been really good at working the fortune telling scene. I know what "clairvoyance" is, but the way you'd judge someone for being the "ultimate" in that sort of thing would be because of something like fortune-telling. Yet...the guy is an idiot. Through and through. He also doesn't seem to be the type to really pull off anything underhanded. Of course, he could just be playing the idiot to survive better. People are way less wary of an idiot.

The rest? Sakura obviously fits her bill. Byakuya fits his bill. Asahina seems to fit her bill. Taka....his title in the first place made no sense. I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean: Ultimate Moral Compass. It just doesn't have any real way to measure it. The only way you could measure that would be if someone was super super decisive. But, I guess he got it from his job as the Student council, doing some kind of amazing job or something? I think the game said that...Mondo fit his bill. Toko was a world-famous writer with tons of accolades. From the dialogue we can assume that Yamada was great at doujin stuff. Chihiro made that AI, so he likely fits the bill. I think that's everyone.

The only ones who don't make all that much sense are Taka and Makoto. The former because his title doesn't really have a viable way of measuring it. The latter because it was based off a single lottery ._.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

iatheia
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby iatheia » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:59 pm

Taka isn't a "moral compass", he is a hall monitor. And he really does fit his description aptly as well.

As far as Makoto is concerned, heh. I recommend people read 'Makoto Naegi’s Worst Day Ever', which was bundled with the first Blu Ray/DVD of the anime. It is set pre-despair, and not spoilery, but it does put a rather interesting twist on things. I can send the file to interested parties if they are too afraid to search for it themselves.

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby lopez » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:06 pm

Seventh wrote:Yeah, but Makoto was able to research the school prior to coming and apparently it was a well known thing that only Ultimates got in. So even if this class was entirely picked by Monokuma (which would contradict how there was all that info about everyone), the school's premise is that they only bring Ultimate people in.

So any non-Ultimates coming in doesn't make sense.

Yet here we are with Perfects and Adults...


I can't remember when it was mentioned, so it could be later spoilers (in which case we could continue this in a different thread), but:

Later Spoilers?
Spoiler:
It's mentioned that Hope's Peak eventually opens it's doors to "ordinary" people who are willing to pay alot of money to join. I can't remember if that was before or after the "Tragedy."
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby vampko » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:07 pm

iatheia wrote:Taka isn't a "moral compass", he is a hall monitor. And he really does fit his description aptly as well.

That doesn't really help things any, but it makes more sense than the title NISA slapped on him. Either way, it still doesn't make sense. He didn't play the part of a "hall monitor". He just played the part of someone who complained a lot and never really contributed a single thing. I guess that's sorta what a hall monitor could do...?

I guess, being annoying is a good hallmark of a "hall monitor", so he fulfilled that part pretty well.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby Seventh » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:10 pm

lopez wrote:
Seventh wrote:Yeah, but Makoto was able to research the school prior to coming and apparently it was a well known thing that only Ultimates got in. So even if this class was entirely picked by Monokuma (which would contradict how there was all that info about everyone), the school's premise is that they only bring Ultimate people in.

So any non-Ultimates coming in doesn't make sense.

Yet here we are with Perfects and Adults...


I can't remember when it was mentioned, so it could be later spoilers (in which case we could continue this in a different thread), but:

Later Spoilers?
Spoiler:
It's mentioned that Hope's Peak eventually opens it's doors to "ordinary" people who are willing to pay alot of money to join. I can't remember if that was before or after the "Tragedy."

I... don't remember this at all! Huh.

vampko wrote:
iatheia wrote:Taka isn't a "moral compass", he is a hall monitor. And he really does fit his description aptly as well.

That doesn't really help things any, but it makes more sense than the title NISA slapped on him. Either way, it still doesn't make sense. He didn't play the part of a "hall monitor". He just played the part of someone who complained a lot and never really contributed a single thing. I guess that's sorta what a hall monitor could do...?

I guess, being annoying is a good hallmark of a "hall monitor", so he fulfilled that part pretty well.

Annoying is subjective, remember. As for how he is, he seems like a decent, if over the top, representation of the rule abiding class representative type to me. Could that have been what he originally was?
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby vampko » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:15 pm

Seventh wrote:Annoying is subjective, remember. As for how he is, he seems like a decent, if over the top, representation of the rule abiding class representative type to me. Could that have been what he originally was?

He had a lot to say, but never anything helpful. And tended to make the situation worse. I would call that "annoying". Also, yeah, but that's nowhere near the "ultimate" level that he should be. He couldn't even get Makoto to listen to him. That's just how pathetic his "hall monitor" abilities were. He acted like your average everyday hall monitor, but there was nothing "ultimate" about it, was my point.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

iatheia
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby iatheia » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:19 pm

lopez wrote:
Seventh wrote:Yeah, but Makoto was able to research the school prior to coming and apparently it was a well known thing that only Ultimates got in. So even if this class was entirely picked by Monokuma (which would contradict how there was all that info about everyone), the school's premise is that they only bring Ultimate people in.

So any non-Ultimates coming in doesn't make sense.

Yet here we are with Perfects and Adults...


I can't remember when it was mentioned, so it could be later spoilers (in which case we could continue this in a different thread), but:

Later Spoilers?


Spoiler:
[spoiler]This isn't even late spoilers, it is sdr2 endgame spoiler, so yeah. Moving to a different thread would be preferred.
[/spoiler]

User avatar
Avebone
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby Avebone » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:20 pm

@ Lopez
Spoiler:
Yeah that be a DR 2 Spoiler
Last edited by Avebone on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby Seventh » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:20 pm

@vamp
And I wouldn't! So yeah. ;)

That just goes back to my earlier point of how these characters seem... not ultimate enough. I think he actually wasn't too off the mark though, at least compared to, say, Hiro.

@lopez/spoilers
... Well then. :shock:
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby vampko » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:22 pm

Remember

- Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to discuss story events here that occur AFTER Chapter 3. Not even under spoiler tags.

So, if your spoiler tags are for stuff past chapter 3, edit it out
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:39 am

@lopez: Let alone a later spoiler in DR1. That's a spoiler from SDR2, not a major one but a spoiler regardless, as well as DR0, so would you mind removing it from here?

In regards to Ishimaru's talent, the direct translation for it is Prefect, in other words he's supposed to be a honors student.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:14 am

Mirai wrote:@lopez: Let alone a later spoiler in DR1. That's a spoiler from SDR2, not a major one but a spoiler regardless, as well as DR0, so would you mind removing it from here?

In regards to Ishimaru's talent, the direct translation for it is Prefect, in other words he's supposed to be a honors student.

Ah....so, basically "ultimate goody two-shoes". He definitely fits that. Though once he broke...he broke :lol:
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:38 am

vampko wrote:
Mirai wrote:@lopez: Let alone a later spoiler in DR1. That's a spoiler from SDR2, not a major one but a spoiler regardless, as well as DR0, so would you mind removing it from here?

In regards to Ishimaru's talent, the direct translation for it is Prefect, in other words he's supposed to be a honors student.

Ah....so, basically "ultimate goody two-shoes". He definitely fits that. Though once he broke...he broke :lol:


Yep "the teacher's pet" as some would call it. Even now I still don't understand why NISA went with "Moral Compass" it bewilders me :?. He may have broke but he at least never committed any wrongdoings.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby Seventh » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:46 am

Actually, if you think about it, Moral Compass is just a funny way of saying Goody Two Shoes, isn't it?

Always points north = Always points (does) good. Makes sense to me.

Much more than Ultimate Fanfic (But We Really Mean Doujin) Creator.
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:36 am

Seventh wrote:Actually, if you think about it, Moral Compass is just a funny way of saying Goody Two Shoes, isn't it?

Always points north = Always points (does) good. Makes sense to me.

Yeah, it can work, but you generally think of a "moral compass" as someone who leads others in the right direction. Of which he failed miserably.

Seventh wrote:Much more than Ultimate Fanfic (But We Really Mean Doujin) Creator.

I think that was a bit odd. "Fanwork" could have worked fine likely. People know what that is.
Mirai wrote:He may have broke but he at least never committed any wrongdoings.

Yep, he did do "right" till the end
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image


Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests