*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 4 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on this Chapter:

5 out of 5 - Excellent
67%
4 out of 5 - Good
33%
3 out of 5 - Alright
No votes
2 out of 5 - Bad
No votes
1 out of 5 - Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 18

kirbymaster101
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 4 Discussion

Postby kirbymaster101 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:28 am

She dies off smiling. Too much awesomeness.

Zagryzaec
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Zagryzaec » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:12 am

I missed the debate about Kyoko and Makoto in this chapter, and now replaying 4-th chapter I wonder, did you noticed that Kyoko didn`t tell Makoto about secret room because she trusted him or think of him as a friend? She used him to find out what mastermind will do to one who will go to secret room, basically setting up Makoto to be killed by monokuma as one of possibilities? Just how later she use him as a decoy to try to enter data center? And as she use him in trials to stay in shadow as... she used to (avoiding spoiler). And trying to use him in any other situation without informing to reach her personal goal, and when Makoto tries to distract her even for a few words refer to him as "High maintanence"? Guess missed word is "tool"

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:34 am

Well that certainly puts a new spin on it.

Dragonage2ftw
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Dragonage2ftw » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:37 am

vampko wrote:Finished Chapter 4

Part of me was completely spoiled because someone said on the chapter 3 thread about Yasuhiro making a prediction about not dying and it being true. Which is what happened here :(

There are also other spoilers going on in the other threads, and I'd like to remind people that spoilers are not acceptable. There's a reason for this chapter thread setup. Spoiler tags don't make it okay.

Business out of the way. I'm not sure what to think of this chapter. The Asahina and Sakura stuff was really great, but that's just my shipper mentality of course. The case itself....It was fun to watch Byakuya freak out, and Toko's always a bundle of fun. But, I still feel like maybe I'm just too good at these things to be fooled by a murder mystery?

Though, the main story does continue to be interesting. I was kinda meh at Alter Ego's "death". It just didn't feel like anything to me, just Monokuma blowing off some steam. It was obvious that plan wouldn't go anywhere, I mean they were HORRIBLE at keeping it a "secret". They said what it was so often. And then they went on their "secret meetings" by everyone "taking a bath" at the same time. When just before they were completely against taking mixed baths.

Byakuya didn't take part in this stupidity until the very end, and Toko didn't either, so I guess it wasn't that surprising that the people left were being so utterly incompetent. Though, i did expect more out of Kyouko I will admit.

Back to the Kyouko Makoto fight...I dont' believe Makoto made the "right" decision. I've already stated it once before, but you dont' ask someone if theyr'e a spy. You just don't. Not without some sort of backup plan of sorts. And, if he truly trusted Kyouko, he would have told her. Of course, if Kyouko fully trusted Makoto, she wouldn't have worried about what he was hiding. Though, she had complete reason to be worried, since he was hiding something rather big. I mean...gosh....he saw it. Straight up right in front of his face. He wasn't dreaming and he knew that. All he was debating was whether he was correctly interpreting what he saw.

Anyway, long story short, he was most certainly being a hyprocrite. It was in character, but why does that make him any less of one?

As for him being an idiot: Room is locked that wasn't locked before< "Must be nothing". I see things like this throughout.

Yeah, he pulls off some things during trials, but, up until recently, it's all been others egging him on the entire time. Heck, even during this trial, he didn't bring anything "new" to the table, he only said what others(mostly Kyouko) lead him into saying. He didn't even find most of the evidence or understand why it was evidence until Kyouko lead him to the answer, as has happened from the start. People are always leading him to the answers. In my opinion, that's not really showing "intelligence".

Is he stupid? Probably not, just more of an average kind of person. Like he stressed at the very beginning.

Anyway, that's another chapter down. Apparently I'm only "halfway" through, but I only have two chapters left. So...yeah. Guessing they're gonig to continue dragging the trials out.

I feel really sad for Hina, but I have a feeling that it's all going to get ruined by the end of chapter 5. knowing the way things go -_-

I disagree.

Makoto only asked Sakura if she was helping the mastermind because he saw them fighting. If he had seen the mastermind and Sakura planning to kill someone, I don't think that he would have asked her if she was the masterminds accomplice.
I am a huge fan of DSP, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Dangan Ronpa, Persona, and many other things.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”