*MAJOR SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 6 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on this Chapter:

5 out of 5 - Excellent
88%
4 out of 5 - Good
3%
3 out of 5 - Alright
9%
2 out of 5 - Bad
No votes
1 out of 5 - Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 32

Avebone
Vassal
Vassal

Re: *MAJOR SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 6 Discussion

Postby Avebone » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:31 pm

@Seventh Since you asked me to post it here from the other thread

Besides the secret bathhouse scene you get from A Man's Fantasy
There is a second item called the Escape Button that you can only get after you beat the 6th chapter which gives you another unique scene.

Spoiler:
It's gives you a really lame scene though it just shows everyone alive together looking at the door to the outside world opening up

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:32 pm

I still don't understand how Junko could've survived all the punishments up till the classroom crushing one. Even if she was in adrenaline mode, she shouldn't have been alive after Celeste's punishment, assuming she didn't go fast enough or long enough in Mondo's punishment.

PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:40 pm

I think that was the point, no need to think too hard about it. :lol:

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:42 pm

lopez wrote:I still don't understand how Junko could've survived all the punishments up till the classroom crushing one. Even if she was in adrenaline mode, she shouldn't have been alive after Celeste's punishment, assuming she didn't go fast enough or long enough in Mondo's punishment.

Enoshima Junko is a despairingly perfect superhuman, well that's what she said anyway. To give you more of an idea on how she survived most of them, I would have to go into DR0 spoilers, but in some way I think Junko calling herself a superhuman isn't so unbelievable after seeing her execution.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Dangan 2 Spoilers?
Spoiler:
So, is it safe to assume she's not really "dead" after the classroom punishment?

Avebone
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Avebone » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:52 pm

lopez wrote:Dangan 2 Spoilers?
Spoiler:
So, is it safe to assume she's not really "dead" after the classroom punishment?

Spoiler:
Nope she is totally dead.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Spoiler:

Well all I can say on this is:

Spoiler:
There's more evidence to show that Junko is actually dead but it can't be certain as you never actually see her corpse.

Avebone wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Nope she is totally dead.

Spoiler:
We don't know for certain if she is.

If you want to talk about this further we'll need to go to SDR2 thread
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:03 pm

lopez wrote:I still don't understand how Junko could've survived all the punishments up till the classroom crushing one. Even if she was in adrenaline mode, she shouldn't have been alive after Celeste's punishment, assuming she didn't go fast enough or long enough in Mondo's punishment.

Look at how crazy Enoshima is, look at the games tone, see how over the top it is, and there's your answer why Junko survived] Celes' and Oowada's executions.

This game isn't supposed to be taken seriously. Especially during most of the executions.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:38 pm

Avebone wrote:@Seventh Since you asked me to post it here from the other thread

Besides the secret bathhouse scene you get from A Man's Fantasy
There is a second item called the Escape Button that you can only get after you beat the 6th chapter which gives you another unique scene.

Spoiler:
It's gives you a really lame scene though it just shows everyone alive together looking at the door to the outside world opening up

That... doesn't just pop up automatically? Huh.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:49 pm

Well, I beat this a couple of nights ago and while I accidentally spoiled Junko being alive for myself, there was more than enough here to make up for that (it helps that all I knew was the fact of her being alive, nothing about the circumstances regarding such).

Anyway, I had quite a few retries, but I once again didn't use my concentration. A couple of the nonstop debates were a bitch because there was so much white noise in front of the statement that I had to literally get to it at the last second. Pretty sure it would be outright impossible without the touch screen controls.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Alice Twilight wrote:

Look at how crazy Enoshima is, look at the games tone, see how over the top it is, and there's your answer why Junko survived] Celes' and Oowada's executions.

This game isn't supposed to be taken seriously. Especially during most of the executions.

Maybe the game was suffering an identity crisis. Every chance it could get the game tried to rationalize everything that was going on. Aside from Mondo and Headmaster Kirigiri's punishment premises, everything else was pretty straight-forward. Some of the characters may have been a bit eccentric (Junko is the only exception to the rule, and Monokuma by extention), but they all follow cliche troupes. The murder mysteries were simple and the punishments weren't particularly original or shocking. Nothing, outside of Junko, was ever really "over the top."

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:18 pm

... You mean besides the tone, presentation, premise, and visual style, right?

The concept if punishments and trials in themselves are over the top in a way.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:23 pm

I guess I was hoping for something along the lines of the Zero Escape series, where the premise is obviously fictional, but it has a strong sense of believability within the in-game universe. The stuff that goes on in those games is both shocking and rational.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:36 pm

lopez wrote:I guess I was hoping for something along the lines of the Zero Escape series, where the premise is obviously fictional, but it has a strong sense of believability within the in-game universe. The stuff that goes on in those games is both shocking and rational.

Truth is Dangan Ronpa was originally going to be similar in tone like the Zero Escape series but at some point they changed their minds and went the slightly more irrational route.

In regards to "over the top" I would only say Junko/Monokuma fits this criteria, I mean some things on the game can be a little too ridiculous, but anything actually "over the top" only they really fit this.

Also if you guys think these executions are "over the top" just wait till you see SDR2's ones.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:40 pm

So, finally finished the game last night after basically having to take a month off because of exams.

First things: it didn't take me 3 hours for the final trial. About 1 hour 20 judging by my before save state time -> after save state time. 3 hours seems like a long, long time to have taken with it O.o

I'm kinda conflicted about the ending. On the one hand, I really enjoyed the scene where the survivors were opening the door to get out of the school. It was touching and I loved it.

On the other hand, I didn't find the Junko reveals quite as shocking because I'd kinda guessed she wasn't really dead since the first chapter. Hadn't worked out that it was really Muruko that died though, so I guess that was pretty good.

I wasn't a fan of her multiple personas either. They were amusing, but I kinda felt they were un-necessary. We already had Toko providing this kind of fast-moving personality-swapping humour in the game, so I didn't really understand why they felt the need to add it for Junko as well. Was a bit of a laugh to see her swap into cute persona but other than that I just wanted her to get on with it.

Regarding the whole tragedy thing, I don't know what to think about it. I don't really know what's going on with that. Am I supposed to know at this stage?

Finally, regarding the executions, I have to say that I've been disappointed in all of them except the first. In fact, it's Leon's executions which is why I'm so disappointed with the latter ones. It was such a great introduction to the game - everything was so confusing at that point and to witness someone you were "just getting to know" killed so brutally was horrifying.
The latter executions really played up on the comedy factor and I didn't like that as much. Kyoko/Naegi didn't, I suppose, but neither of those were real executions.

All in all, I loved the game though, and I look forward to pre-ordering Dangan Ronpa 2 as soon as it's available :P

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”