*MAJOR SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 6 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on this Chapter:

5 out of 5 - Excellent
88%
4 out of 5 - Good
3%
3 out of 5 - Alright
9%
2 out of 5 - Bad
No votes
1 out of 5 - Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 32

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: *MAJOR SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 6 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:33 pm

Instead of trying to describe the differences it would be faster just to show them.

Mukuro
Spoiler:

Junko
Spoiler:

Edit: My bad fixed the pictures.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:37 pm

The open ending, while made room for a sequel, was probably done like to leave room for interpretation. Would you hope they made out fine in the current state of things or do you think despair would be greater? In a sense, endings like that are kind of fun, although opinions may very.

And I think that Monokuma bit was more an easter egg than anything. I definitely didn't think much of it when I played the game, I just thought it was silly. We'll probably have everything explained when we play the second game.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:53 pm

Mirai wrote:Instead of trying to describe the differences it would be faster just to show them.

Mukuro
Spoiler:

Junko
Spoiler:

Essentially just the freckles then. the rest is just facial expression and amount of makeup.

PringlesXD wrote:The open ending, while made room for a sequel, was probably done like to leave room for interpretation. Would you hope they made out fine in the current state of things or do you think despair would be greater? In a sense, endings like that are kind of fun, although opinions may very.

that's one way to look at it, but it just felt like a sequel hook to me.

PringlesXD wrote:And I think that Monokuma bit was more an easter egg than anything.

I am very much doubting that.
PringlesXD wrote:We'll probably have everything explained when we play the second game.

Nah, I'm betting we will just get more questions. But some will surely be answered I'm hoping.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:55 pm

PringlesXD wrote:The open ending, while made room for a sequel, was probably done like to leave room for interpretation. Would you hope they made out fine in the current state of things or do you think despair would be greater? In a sense, endings like that are kind of fun, although opinions may very.

And I think that Monokuma bit was more an easter egg than anything. I definitely didn't think much of it when I played the game, I just thought it was silly. We'll probably have everything explained when we play the second game.

Truth is Spike had originally planned for Dangan Ronpa to be just one game as they had intended to leave the ending up to the player's imagination and left the Monokuma clip at the end just in case but surprise surprise its sales were much higher than they expected.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Mirai wrote:

Truth is Spike had originally planned for Dangan Ronpa to be just one game as they had intended to leave the ending up to the player's imagination and left the Monokuma clip at the end just in case but surprise surprise its sales were much higher than they expected.

Well, it would have been a really crappy end if I didn't know there were three more games to help expand on it when I saw it. So, i'm glad that sales went well.

I wonder if the second Dangan will give me any sort of despair? Outside the toy capsules (and the levels of despair at that contraption were out the roof), that crappy bad end, and that final bullet time battle, I didn't feel any sort of despair or desperation or anything.

Hopefully they can do a better job of that in 2.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Zeke put it really well earlier. It's a metaphor for growing up, graduating, and facing the real world.

In a way, a sequel kind of detracts from that.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:24 pm

vampko wrote:Well, it would have been a really crappy end if I didn't know there were three more games to help expand on it when I saw it. So, i'm glad that sales went well.

I wonder if the second Dangan will give me any sort of despair? Outside the toy capsules (and the levels of despair at that contraption were out the roof), that crappy bad end, and that final bullet time battle, I didn't feel any sort of despair or desperation or anything.

Hopefully they can do a better job of that in 2.

Well technically only one game at the moment as two are still in development.

Overall SDR2 is better than DR1 especially with its characters and how the trials are played out and In some ways is more despairing than DR1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found the final BTB horrible, I had to retry that one 3 times.
Personally I found the final trial to be pretty despair inducing with Junko making everyone freak out most of the time.

Also if you ever have time try to read the light novel DR0 its a prequel and explains a few thing left out in DR1.

CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

Postby CTOONfan1 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:17 pm

vampko wrote:
Mirai wrote:Instead of trying to describe the differences it would be faster just to show them.

Mukuro
Spoiler:

Junko
Spoiler:

Essentially just the freckles then. the rest is just facial expression and amount of makeup.

Junko also has bigger boobs.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:31 am

CTOONfan1 wrote:
vampko wrote:

Mukuro
Spoiler:

Junko
Spoiler:

True, but no one was going on about the boobs. I do think that would have been the simplest way to find out something was off really. Surprised that they didn't point that out in the trial? Her breasts weren't hidden in the group photos either.
Spoiler:

Zagryzaec
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Zagryzaec » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:22 am

vampko wrote:
CTOONfan1 wrote:
vampko wrote:

Mukuro
Spoiler:

Junko
Spoiler:

True, but no one was going on about the boobs. I do think that would have been the simplest way to find out something was off really. Surprised that they didn't point that out in the trial? Her breasts weren't hidden in the group photos either.

Their greatest differences lie in their behavior and facial expressions. For example if we compare Mukuro in make up with the magazines - we can see a clear difference, and her wide smile is very unique. Junko however looks much more mature and refined so it is not hard too see them as ultimate faschonista and weak imitation as soon as they start speaking.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:47 am

Zagryzaec wrote:Their greatest differences lie in their behavior and facial expressions. For example if we compare Mukuro in make up with the magazines - we can see a clear difference, and her wide smile is very unique. Junko however looks much more mature and refined so it is not hard too see them as ultimate faschonista and weak imitation as soon as they start speaking.

Except Junko pulled off all sorts of facial expressions. You can't have a "facial expression" be a way to differentiate between people. You need something that can't easily be replicated. Breast size and freckles are two things that aren't so simply replicated.
Spoiler:

Peace Sells
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Peace Sells » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:46 pm

vampko wrote:
Zagryzaec wrote:Their greatest differences lie in their behavior and facial expressions. For example if we compare Mukuro in make up with the magazines - we can see a clear difference, and her wide smile is very unique. Junko however looks much more mature and refined so it is not hard too see them as ultimate faschonista and weak imitation as soon as they start speaking.

Except Junko pulled off all sorts of facial expressions. You can't have a "facial expression" be a way to differentiate between people. You need something that can't easily be replicated. Breast size and freckles are two things that aren't so simply replicated.

Spoiler:
Plus Junko had the wide grin too, it's more likely that Mukuro copied her, up to her smile Image

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:17 pm

I would've been quite happy with them leaving Dangan Ronpa where it was (minus the Monokuma bit at the end). Yes, there were loose ends, but for the most part I thought watching them go out into this "destroyed world" that I'd just been listening to descriptions of was a satisfying conclusion.

However, I'm happy they made more. The journey was excellent and I'm really looking forward to going on a similar one with another cast of characters.

Zagryzaec
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Zagryzaec » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Peace Sells wrote:
vampko wrote:

Spoiler:
Plus Junko had the wide grin too, it's more likely that Mukuro copied her, up to her smile Image

Well freckles and breast size are very easily disguised with make up or other womens` secrets, so Vampko lose half of a heart (or half of a prinny, not sure), but photo of Junko`s smile it`s a break. Can`t argue with this.
Guess I should said that Junko was more professional in putin desired expression where Mukuro was more natural (so I guess the smile of Junko in the end was natural expression for both sisters in contrast to Junko`s masks or roles in the trial).

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Zagryzaec wrote:Well freckles and breast size are very easily disguised with make up or other womens` secrets

Not as easily as facial expressions.

Regardless, I will concede that someone's very presence is rather hard to replicate.
Spoiler:

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”