save compatibility with PSP version?

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Crunchepillar
New Vassal
New Vassal

save compatibility with PSP version?

Postby Crunchepillar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:50 am

In the past I was able to move my old PSP save for titles like Disgaea 2 onto the Vita version, so this got me wondering if I could use my cleared save for Danganronpa PSP for Danganronpa: THH.

The only problem I forsee is Danganronpa will likely run as a native Vita app instead of a virtual PSP title so it could use a different save structure. Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

-Edit-
My copy should arrive either Fri or Mon so if nobody experiments with this sooner I'll try it out and report back with results.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: save compatibility with PSP version?

Postby Houk » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:02 am

I'm about 99% sure the saves won't work, since unlike Disgaea 2, this is an actual Vita game (it's still a software port, but the coding itself recognizes it as a Vita release).

-Noel-
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby -Noel- » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:57 pm

Even if DR did have such a feature, I doubt it would work in this instance. There was no English release for the PSP release, after all, and I don't think you can use a US game's save in a JP game, or vice versa.

Crunchepillar
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Crunchepillar » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:21 am

I plan on giving it a shot just to see once my copy arrives in the mail, but the points outlined by the other posters were my main concerns. I agree that the Vita version will most likely use a different format altogether, but I'll still experiment and post back once I'm 100% sure it will or wont work.

Crunchepillar
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Crunchepillar » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:22 am

My copy just arrived and I can say with 100% certainty that there is no way to use the PSP data on the PSV even as raw PSP data in the hopes that the game would pick it up and unlock a secret present like the original did for the demo. I totally spaced on the fact that the PSV uses an encryption or obfuscation even on PSP data so unless somebody reverse-engineers the format, and even if they did, its never gonna work.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”