If you enjoyed Danganronpa, you might like...

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: If you enjoyed Danganronpa, you might like...

Postby Mirai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:10 am

Shizuka wrote:I can't say for sure it'll run the North American version of 999, but you can also wait for 999 iOS/Android, which Aksys confirmed for this year as well, with a worldwide release.

hmm I have an iOS so that is a possibility or I could take the risk and buy 999 and hope it works, hmm what to decide? Well thanks for the help I now have a chance of playing it myself.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:12 am

The iOS version is just the story, no puzzles from the DS version are present. I'd wait a couple of months, unless you're in a rush. If you do have an iOS device, I suggest Banshee's Last Cry as well, since it's from Chunsoft (before it became Spike Chunsoft), just like 999.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:24 am

Shizuka wrote:The iOS version is just the story, no puzzles from the DS version are present. I'd wait a couple of months, unless you're in a rush. If you do have an iOS device, I suggest Banshee's Last Cry as well, since it's from Chunsoft (before it became Spike Chunsoft), just like 999.

Well that's a bummer, I would prefer to have the puzzles in but I'd be risking on wasting my money if I buy the game only for it to not work. I'll need some time to think on this one :|.

Banshee's Last Cry does seem intriguing but I already have quite a few games on my "to play" list so it won't be for a while before I get to this one if I do.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:27 am

It's only $4, and you can always try it first before you decide to buy it. Since it's on iOS, you can also play it while you're outside, and give it a go.

Eren7
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Eren7 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Mirai wrote:
Shizuka wrote:Which region is your 3DS from?

It would be the European version.

Don't worry, DS games would work fine on your 3DS. The Osu Tatakae Ouendan games work on my NA 3DS with no problems at all.

pariah164
Vassal
Vassal

Postby pariah164 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:21 am

DS games should work on your 3DS regardless of region.

Also, allow me to add my own recommendation for the ladies out there.

Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (PSP/VITA)

Saki Inafune, niece to legendary game developer Keiji Inafune, can't wait to visit her uncle's new theme park. She's been invited to the opening day ceremonies, and is looking forward to a day of fun and excitement when suddenly Count Hogstein - a villain as corpulent and cliche as he is evil - blows up the Ferris wheel, takes the park management hostage, and declares the beginning of a deadly series of games.

It's an otome game, which means you are also trying to date one of six handsome men trapped with you in the park.

One thing to note specifically about Sweet Fuse, as compared to other otome games, is the pedigree of those involved with the game, and the general feel of the title as opposed to many other games in the genre. Sweet Fuse (amazingly) features Keiji Inafune, who helped contribute to the development, and who actually makes an appearance in the game itself. Also, the character designs were done by Kumiko Suekane, of Ace Attorney fame, and are a very refreshing contrast to the usual type of art found in otome titles. Instead of a brood of very similar looking "pretty boys", Sweet Fuse provides a lot more variety in the types of datable men.

Check it out if you like that sort of thing; trust me, it's worth it.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Darn it, I just came to post Sweet Love. I love otome games, and I bought it at launch. The game is pretty polished for an otome game, and the overall story is somehow similar to Danganronpa. The price has fallen since release, it's more affordable for those that are only mildly interested in the game.

pariah164
Vassal
Vassal

Postby pariah164 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:27 pm

Shizuka wrote:Darn it, I just came to post Sweet Love. I love otome games, and I bought it at launch. The game is pretty polished for an otome game, and the overall story is somehow similar to Danganronpa. The price has fallen since release, it's more affordable for those that are only mildly interested in the game.
Yeah, it's super awesome. I only regret one thing about it, but I won't go into it here because spoilers.

Another thing, suspense games nowadays just have the habit of making the bad guy an animal of some type: bear for DR, pig for SF, bunny for ZE... What started that, I wonder.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:54 pm

From the ones you mentioned, Danganronpa came first. Monokuma is voiced by the same actor that did Doraemon, if that helps it.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”