[FREE TIME & SCHOOL MODE SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa: School Mode

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Saito
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

[FREE TIME & SCHOOL MODE SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa: School Mode

Postby Saito » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:53 am

((Apologies if there's already a thread for this;; I double checked and didn't see one! Also feel free to delete this thread if there is a conversation elsewhere!!))

But yeah!! If you didn't already know NISA's translation also includes School Mode. School Mode is an AU (Alternate Universe) where Monokuma forgot to create Monokuma Back-Ups! Because of this, he gives the 15 characters (those in the main story) 50 days to create a certain Monokuma (although, you only get a few days to make a certain one; then it changes)!

Explanation of School Mode in more detail
Spoiler:
Each character has two levels: Collection and Cleaning (Maximum level being 9 - Each character starts with a 3 in one, and a 2 in the other, eg. Makoto Naegi is a Level 3 Collector and a Level 2 Cleaner).

The Mode is split into two main categories: The first is creating the Monokumas. The game lets you choose what the 15 characters do: whether it be rest (to get them back to full HP), collect materials (these go towards the "Current Class Goal" -which is a monobear) or clean (to keep the school..clean. I personally never let the cleaning meter hit 0, so what happens when it does? No idea.)

If a characters HP hits 0, they are unconscious for a few days. What this means is, you cannot talk to them in your free time (more on that in a sec!) and they cannot help clean or collect! If Makoto falls unconscious, for the following days when you would usually be allowed to talk to students, he simply stays in his room.) To revive a student, simply create a Nonsenzu Bean or wait for them to recover (If you're lucky, they may be given a boost which will revive them!)

The other half of School Mode is very important. After a hard days work, you can talk to a student - you are given the options to; "Spend time with [student]", "Use a trip ticket", or "Nevermind". Now, spending time with a student is exactly like in the main game: meaning you can complete a character's free time in School Mode, rather than having to redo a chapter.

Trip Tickets, given to you via Monokuma for the completion of a Monokuma backup, allow you to take your chosen character to one of 6 areas in the school (Dining Room, School Store, Rec Room, Library, Music Room and Garden). Each character can be asked one of three questions (question sets are repeated: outcomes are the same, their replies will not change): out of these three questions, a character will prefer one of them! If you ask the right question, their love for you will go up! (You can check their love for you by talking to Monokuma, who will show you a chart!)

Rewards and how to get them! (Presents 101-114 and Monocoins)
Spoiler:
If you max out a characters love and manage to make all the Monokuma's you've been tasked with, the character will be available to talk to in the gym on day 51: after the scene you will be rewarded with their underwear! Their underwear fills the present spaces 101-114 depending on which character! So you need to finish all characters to unlock all presents!

Also unlocked through the School Mode, is 200 Monocoins. If you manage to complete every task you are given, Monokuma will give you 200 Monocoins as a reward! Helpful for the 999 Monocoin trophy!

That about covers everything to do with School Mode without spoiling too much! I figured, a thread to discuss the ending of School Mode (after you finish all tasks) would be nice, as well as the fact we can help each other out if we get stuck! Again, I hadn't seen a post for this mode?? So I decided to make my first post a really..really formal one aha;; but yes!! Talk about School Mode!!
Last edited by Saito on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: [FREE TIME & SCHOOL MODE SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa: School

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:13 am

School Mode is more...complex than I thought lol.

I thought it was just talking to people.

Not
Spoiler:
Making robots for Monokuma and gathering materials + talking to people.

I like it though. The sprites are really cute.

Saito
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Saito » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:36 am

Beedlebud wrote:School Mode is more...complex than I thought lol.

I thought it was just talking to people.

Not
Spoiler:
Making robots for Monokuma and gathering materials + talking to people.

I like it though. The sprites are really cute.

Originally I figured it was simply a mini dating sim sort of thing? But I can't say I'm not unhappy with what it actually is, in fact I think I prefer the reality over what I originaly figured!

I really like the sprites (the level up animations are adorable!), but what I like more is the way Non Stop Debates are included within the mode, it's a small addition, but one I personally really like!

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:22 am

This is something I've been dying to know since School Mode was mentioned and since some of you here have already played it:

End game Spoilers!
Spoiler:
Is it possible to interact with Junko Enoshima in School Mode??
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:25 am

Mirai wrote:This is something I've been dying to know since School Mode was mentioned and since some of you here have already played it:

End game Spoilers!
Spoiler:

No. It's
Spoiler:
Mukuro as Junko. Which pretty much means everything she tells you could be and most likely is a lie.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Saito
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Saito » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:27 am

Mirai wrote:This is something I've been dying to know since School Mode was mentioned and since some of you here have already played it:

End game Spoilers!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Sadly, no. However, you can interact with Mukuro who is dressed as Junko. I was hoping for Junko to be there too but oh well;;

Edit: Oops someone beat me too it!

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:35 am

ZekeFreek wrote:No. It's
Spoiler:
Mukuro as Junko. Which pretty much means everything she tells you could be and most likely is a lie.

Saito wrote:
Spoiler:
Sadly, no. However, you can interact with Mukuro who is dressed as Junko. I was hoping for Junko to be there too but oh well;;

Edit: Oops someone beat me too it!

NOOOOOO!!

Spoiler:
Damn that's a real shame I could just imagine how hilarious it would of been having Naegi interact with her :(
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:03 pm

I am curious about
Spoiler:
how Junko interacted with them during the two lost years of School Life.
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:21 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:I am curious about
Spoiler:
how Junko interacted with them during the two lost years of School Life.

Unfortunately

Spoiler:
Right now that remains a mystery as the closest you can get on life at Hope's Peak is in DR0 and only a few of DR1's cast appear in the light novel.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Thanks for this thread. This mode sounds much more interesting than I imagined it being actually. Can't wait to check this out! (having to swerve the spoiler posts though since I'm not done with the story, so thanks for that).

Just to clarify though - can you get the report card trophies from interacting with them in this, or is that something you have to replay in the chapters themselves?

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Kresnik wrote:
Just to clarify though - can you get the report card trophies from interacting with them in this, or is that something you have to replay in the chapters themselves?

You can get them here.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:17 pm

That was a great explanation, Saito. Thank you very much. I started School Mode yesterday, and now I have a better idea of what to do.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:18 pm

Beedlebud wrote:
You can get them here.

Awesome, thanks!

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:37 pm

I don't know if I should be going with spending the Trip Tickets, but all I've been doing so far is spending time with everybody to get their profile filled.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:43 pm

I try to pick whatever I think fits best. I took Sayaka to the Music Room and had her sing.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”