Questions and discussion about the voice acting

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
KuroyukiRei
New Vassal
New Vassal

Questions and discussion about the voice acting

Postby KuroyukiRei » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Well like the subject states this is about the voicing in the game. This is also for what could happen when DR2 is released. Also if there is a discussion or thread already up or if this was the wrong place to post this, sorry about that just please point it out for me.

Before we start, I want to say that this might sound like I'm complaining about the voicing in the game, but this isn't the case so I'm sorry about that and please bear with me.

Well to start things off, was the original version (I mean DR1 from 1.2 Reload not the psp version) fully voiced or just like this localization was it partially voiced aside from the class trials?

If so then this leads to: Was there a reason that can explain why the voices outside of the trials were as they were besides data capacity constrictions on the Vita card (most probably the real reason anyway)?

If there wasn't a data constriction or anything that explains the voicing outside of the trials, then I have to ask isn't it sort of a waste to even have an English dub for the game since you only really hear them in the trials?

Well on to what could happen for DR2. Is there a possibility for the game to be fully voiced in its entirety in English and Japanese or would data constriction be a factor?

One last thing, I want to point out that I kept mentioning the amount of space that a vita card can contain because that is the only thing I can think of as to why the voicing was as it was and that this isn't really to complain about the lack of it (though I can see that it does come off as that sorry about that). I don't think the lack of voicing was all that bad, however because I did play the English patched psp version which was fully voiced I took notice of this fairly quickly and it sort of was on the back of my mind the whole time I was playing the official localization.

CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

Re: Questions and discussion about the voice acting

Postby CTOONfan1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Both Danganronpa games, either Vita or PSP, have voice clips in general discussion but full voice acting in the trials. The Vita port didn't add anything besides HD, touchscreen, and School Mode, and NISA voiced everything that was voiced in the Japanese version.

It isn't a waste to have an English dub. There's still full voice acting in the trials. Hearing things in a different language is cool and all, but you don't really understand what they're saying. That's not exactly a selling point for people who aren't into stuff like animé.

More than likely, NISA's gonna do the exact same thing they did with 1 and only dub what the Japanese game dubbed. If they don't, what'd even be the point of playing with Japanese voice option in the first place? The seiyus would be voicing less than the English VAs do.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:59 pm

KuroyukiRei wrote:Well like the subject states this is about the voicing in the game. This is also for what could happen when DR2 is released. Also if there is a discussion or thread already up or if this was the wrong place to post this, sorry about that just please point it out for me.

Before we start, I want to say that this might sound like I'm complaining about the voicing in the game, but this isn't the case so I'm sorry about that and please bear with me.

Well to start things off, was the original version (I mean DR1 from 1.2 Reload not the psp version) fully voiced or just like this localization was it partially voiced aside from the class trials?

If so then this leads to: Was there a reason that can explain why the voices outside of the trials were as they were besides data capacity constrictions on the Vita card (most probably the real reason anyway)?

If there wasn't a data constriction or anything that explains the voicing outside of the trials, then I have to ask isn't it sort of a waste to even have an English dub for the game since you only really hear them in the trials?

Well on to what could happen for DR2. Is there a possibility for the game to be fully voiced in its entirety in English and Japanese or would data constriction be a factor?

One last thing, I want to point out that I kept mentioning the amount of space that a vita card can contain because that is the only thing I can think of as to why the voicing was as it was and that this isn't really to complain about the lack of it (though I can see that it does come off as that sorry about that). I don't think the lack of voicing was all that bad, however because I did play the English patched psp version which was fully voiced I took notice of this fairly quickly and it sort of was on the back of my mind the whole time I was playing the official localization.

The original JP audio was the same way. They only fully voiced the trials. Both audio tracks are included in their entirety.

And no, there's no reason why the Vita couldn't handle more audio files (it ain't no UMD shit). They only dubbed what they did because

A: The budget probably wouldn't allow full voiceover.
B: Since the original JP game didn't voice scenes outside of trials, the game's code might not allow for voice clips to be inserted there.

I'm disappointed too, but it isn't NISA's fault. They dubbed everything that was voiced in the JP track. Blame the original devs if you wanna blame anyone.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

KuroyukiRei
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby KuroyukiRei » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Both Danganronpa games, either Vita or PSP, have voice clips in general discussion but full voice acting in the trials. The Vita port didn't add anything besides HD, touchscreen, and School Mode, and NISA voiced everything that was voiced in the Japanese version.

The original JP audio was the same way. They only fully voiced the trials. Both audio tracks are included in their entirety.

Funny I remember the PSP version being fully voiced oh well if it isn't (Damn memory). Actually the fact that you mentioned that whatever was voiced in the Japanese version was what was added in the localization was the only answer I was looking for in that question.

It isn't a waste to have an English dub. There's still full voice acting in the trials. Hearing things in a different language is cool and all, but you don't really understand what they're saying. That's not exactly a selling point for people who aren't into stuff like animé.

Sure I said that having an English dub was sort of a waste but I meant it in that since the game is only truly voiced in the class trials in both audio settings. And if the original Japanese version was fully voiced then why bother even having the English dub if it's only a fraction of how much original has is all I'm saying. However, since you stated that the Japanese version is voiced just like it is in the localization then it isn't a waste at all as it truly is a dub of everything that the Japanese version had available and that is just fine.

More than likely, NISA's gonna do the exact same thing they did with 1 and only dub what the Japanese game dubbed. If they don't, what'd even be the point of playing with Japanese voice option in the first place? The seiyus would be voicing less than the English VAs do.

Well that makes sense especially if that was everything that was voiced in the original.

I'm disappointed too, but it isn't NISA's fault. They dubbed everything that was voiced in the JP track. Blame the original devs if you wanna blame anyone.

All in all I don't mind the lack of voicing in both audio settings granted a proper reason like the source being done the same. I guess I was only really looking for confirmation with my first question while the rest were more like "if there were issues then why were things done the way they were"

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”