DR Anime Extended Episode 13

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

DR Anime Extended Episode 13

Postby CTOONfan1 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:23 pm

For all who don't know yet, Danganronpa: the Animation's final DVD/Blu-Ray release comes out in Japan February 26. At posting this, it's 6 in the morning on the 26th in Japan right now. This release is more special than the others, as the final episode has been expanded on with 14 minutes of additional animation making the overall run time 35 minutes. No one knows what's added yet, but according to DR scenario supervisor Kazutaka Kodaka, it apparently gave him an "entirely different impression" than the original broadcast version did.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... 14-minutes

So this is just a heads up to the forum to keep their eyes out and possibly a discussion thread to talk about the episode once the fandom manages to get their hands on it.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: DR Anime Extended Episode 13

Postby Mirai » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Yeah I've known about this since the announcement was made on ANN in January. I haven't seen the extended episode posted anywhere but I have seen a Japanese review about it:

Spoiler:
といっても、テレビ版は見てないですけど、
少なくともゲームクリア済みの私から見て、
今回のディレクターズカット版はほぼ原作通りです。
それでも尺の関係上100%ではありませんが、
あのアルペジオの膨大なテキストを独自の解釈で
アニメサイズに再構築した岸監督の生まれ変わった
アニメ版ダンガンロンパという意味では100点満点です。

しかし、それはあくまで最終回だけの感想。
あれだけ膨大な恵美vsめぐみをたった十数分延長で
描けたのであれば、今までのもBD&DVD特典として
やっていたら、原作がよかっただけに間違いなく
傑作になっていただろうに、しかし、最後の最後で
岸監督の本領発揮が見れただけでも良かったです。

そして原作通りのエピローグの後に
意外なスペシャルゲストが...あの持っていきかた
からして、スタッフはホントにこのシリーズが
好きなんだなと感じました。

そしてやっと、アニメダンガンロンパで
リビルドが流れたときには感無量...と言いたい
ですが、ゲームと違ってフルコーラスじゃなかったのは
いただけない。
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:57 pm

I can't wait to see what they have in store for us with that extended episode. Might as well be an introduction to SDR2.

ero_prince
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ero_prince » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:49 pm

Shizuka wrote:I can't wait to see what they have in store for us with that extended episode. Might as well be an introduction to SDR2.

or maybe danganronpa zero

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:03 pm

ero_prince wrote:
Shizuka wrote:I can't wait to see what they have in store for us with that extended episode. Might as well be an introduction to SDR2.

or maybe danganronpa zero

lolwut?
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:10 pm

I don't think there is going to be anything from SDR2 or DR0 and its just going to be things they left out in the final trial of the game.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:16 pm

WRONG!

It's 14 straight minutes of Monokuma doing the hokey-pokey.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:38 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:WRONG!

It's 14 straight minutes of Monokuma doing the hokey-pokey.

Spoiler:
In the finale Junko has already been revealed so it will be 14 minutes of Junko laughing non-stop:

danielzx
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby danielzx » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:04 am

Where can you watch or download this director's cut?

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:47 am

Try Nyaa

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:52 am

Alice Twilight wrote:Try Nyaa

I've tried there and a few other places and unfortunately no luck. Guess we'll have to wait a little longer.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:04 am

Its been over 24 hours since the last post and I'm afraid, I've found nothing except this really creepy picture of the mastermind :shock: :

Spoiler:

If it comes to it I may just buy the DVD version myself and upload it for you all to see, but I hope it won't have to come to that.

GoldStarz
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby GoldStarz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:17 pm

Mirai wrote:Its been over 24 hours since the last post and I'm afraid, I've found nothing except this really creepy picture of the mastermind :shock: :

Spoiler:

If it comes to it I may just buy the DVD version myself and upload it for you all to see, but I hope it won't have to come to that.

This sadly doesn't surprise me since it's like the same thing with the new Gatchaman Crowds cut, although at least they have some raw footage of that, which really sounds nice about now since we have absolutely nothing.

Also if you do end up buying it, you could at least think that to yourself that you're technically supporting the chances of an SDR2 anime.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:51 pm

GoldStarz wrote:
Mirai wrote:Its been over 24 hours since the last post and I'm afraid, I've found nothing except this really creepy picture of the mastermind :shock: :

Spoiler:

This sadly doesn't surprise me since it's like the same thing with the new Gatchaman Crowds cut, although at least they have some raw footage of that, which really sounds nice about now since we have absolutely nothing.

Also if you do end up buying it, you could at least think that to yourself that you're technically supporting the chances of an SDR2 anime.

That's a shame for Gatchaman Crowd fans but they can at least watch a raw version of it.

I'll keep checking on a daily basis for anything on the extended episode, I'm sure we'll get some raw footage within the next few days. In regards to supporting the anime that is one other positive side to it other than watching the extended episode but if they do turn SDR2 into an anime then they need to at least make it 24 episodes.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:38 pm

I can wait. I remember getting tired of trying to find Corpse Party, and just only recently watched it. Remember, we can't talk freely about downloading these kinds of files, so if you find it, at least don't share the link.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”